Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Mechagnome Hjalmtyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    U.K. England
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    GPU usage is 85% during the 30-40fps? Even if you overclock your CPU, max fps would be 46fps if that is true.
    So render quality isn't the issue, my guess would be physics. Try to find the option to lower that.
    I've disabled the physics in the useroptions.ini file but I can't drop in on zurvan anymore, so I'm going to get in a mosquito and fly there. Should take a little while.

    Seems to be about 40-50 FPS now in Zurvan.
    Last edited by Hjalmtyr; 2012-12-27 at 11:17 PM.

  2. #22
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    I've disabled the physics in the useroptions.ini file but I can't drop in on zurvan anymore, so I'm going to get in a mosquito and fly there. Should take a little while.
    I meant the actualy phyics option, under video options. (if it's there).

    EDIT: ill fire up the game, and see what options it has. I kinda forgot.

    @ducklino: you can raise the multiplier to max boost multiplier on a H61 board, and then raise the FSB a bit aswell. So for a 2500K that'd be 37x100=3700mhz. If you'd give the FSB a frequency of 102mhz, that'd be 37x102~3.8ghz. This will probably fail on the 4 phases, but it's not impossible. And as the OP already mentioned, it was originally designed to work with a iGPU, which would make the extra 10bucks worth it because of the HD3000 instead of the HD2000 the 2500 has. So seeing your argument is wrong on multiple levels, just give it a rest, for goodness sakes.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2012-12-27 at 11:59 PM.

  3. #23
    Mechagnome Hjalmtyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    U.K. England
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    I meant the actualy phyics option, under video options. (if it's there).
    The box is greyed out so I had to disable it manually.

    30-50 FPS in Allatum Biolab (NC took Zurvan so I couldn't test it there without getting shot up) playable but not ideal. I'll give it a rest for now and probably smack the graphics down a bit later.
    Last edited by Hjalmtyr; 2012-12-27 at 11:28 PM.

  4. #24
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    The box is greyed out so I had to disable it manually.

    30-50 FPS in Allatum Biolab (NC took Zurvan so I couldn't test it there without getting shot up) playable but not ideal. I'll give it a rest for now and probably smack the graphics down a bit later.
    Try disabling Ambient occlusion, set particles and effects a bit lower. Also probably disable fog shadows. But not all at once. Just tick/lower one setting at a time. Usually it's just one setting that ruins the fps.

  5. #25
    Mechagnome Hjalmtyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    U.K. England
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Try disabling Ambient occlusion, set particles and effects a bit lower. Also probably disable fog shadows. But not all at once. Just tick/lower one setting at a time. Usually it's just one setting that ruins the fps.
    50-60 FPS in Zurvan now. Not sure if it was really that effective or if it's because many players have left now.

  6. #26
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    50-60 FPS in Zurvan now. Not sure if it was really that effective or if it's because many players have left now.
    Yeah that's the problem usually. If it's empty you get like 20fps more. You can, however, check if the GPU load is higher than before. Tbh, playing at 1080p, that 2500K should saturate a 7850. I get 99% gpu load with my i5-760, combined with a faster GPU (gtx670).

    -Going to sleep now, will check this thread in 2mrrw.-
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2012-12-27 at 11:43 PM.

  7. #27
    Mechagnome Hjalmtyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    U.K. England
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Yeah that's the problem usually. If it's empty you get like 20fps more. You can, however, check if the GPU load is higher than before. Tbh, playing at 1080p, that 2500K should saturate a 7850. I get 99% gpu load with my i5-760, combined with a faster GPU (gtx670).
    % seemed to be at a steady 50-60%. Outside of the crown I'm getting 70 FPS with a steady 40-50%

    I will piss around with the settings some time tomorrow. Gonna give it a rest for now, thanks for the help though.
    Last edited by Hjalmtyr; 2012-12-27 at 11:47 PM.

  8. #28
    Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    % seemed to be at a steady 50-60%. Outside of the crown I'm getting 70 FPS with a steady 40-50%

    I will piss around with the settings some time tomorrow. Gonna give it a rest for now, thanks for the help though.
    what temps is your cpu running might be an issue in regards to thermal throttling or power saving features.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    heat will be your main issue if your mobo would allow oc'ing in the first place. (H chipsets are usually locked iirc)
    It is locked, and really w.o a proper cooler you can't O.C enough to even notice the difference.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •