Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    A
    Also, your comparison is flawed. I haven't noticed people complaining about lack of things to do / content in Rift at the moment. I can see why ol' GhostCrawler was commenting on people regarding content. People want content without even experiencing all that already has been made available. One difference is that I don't consider Heroic versions of a Raid "new" content. People like this are like collectors of items that never actually use them. They just like to have them there looking pretty. Hell, at a casual, I've still got three friggin' raids ahead of me in Rift.

So, yeah, I'll see when 5.2 actually comes out. We'll have 2.2 in a month (I think) and probably 2.3 in 6~8 weeks after. So, lets compare WoW 5.2 with Rift Patch 2.3, shall we as that's probably when you'll see 5.2 in my opinion.
    28 bosses without counting heroic modes...Bazzinga.
    Also based on PTS/PTR or lack thereof I would say both patches are in the same stage of development with 5.2 putting more on the table...mind you 2.2 will probably hit first since it Trion usually tests things a lot less on the PTS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Also based on PTS/PTR or lack thereof I would say both patches are in the same stage of development with 5.2 putting more on the table...mind you 2.2 will probably hit first since it Trion usually tests things a lot less on the PTS.
    28 bosses which have yet to go live. You're including patch 5.2 - something that hasn't gone live yet. You're excluding World Event Zone Bosses from Rift, Hunt Rifts, etc... In terms of content, your comparison is severely lacking. Oh, yeah... and Volan! I almost forgot about him.

I think speculation on things that haven't happened yet when we don't even have a firm date on either is a bit silly, though. I also retract my previous speculation. Point is, Rift currently has a better track record for consistent content updates. Blizzard does, at the moment, not.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-01-04 at 10:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Rift needs to add a decent 10+ boss raid instance to compete with WoW in 2.2, since they seemed to have stepped up the raid content this expansion, like 28 bosses already if u include launch raids and 5.2 (for wow) verses only 14 bosses in Rift do far.
    It's actually making me think of resubbing and I quit wow swearing I would never return over 1.5yrs ago lol.
    havent heard any raider at rift complaining about the raid content.
    No need to add another raid so soon. Already 3 days in game

10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing to come out of last year? Warcraft content / patches seems to have improved as well. Just goes to show how much better it is for everyone if there is more than one dominating company sitting back and ignoring it's customer base. GW2 and Rift has been good for creating competition and raising the mmo experience in general. Everyone benefits from having more alternative successful mmo's available.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    The best thing to come out of last year? Warcraft content / patches seems to have improved as well. Just goes to show how much better it is for everyone if there is more than one dominating company sitting back and ignoring it's customer base. GW2 and Rift has been good for creating competition and raising the mmo experience in general. Everyone benefits from having more alternative successful mmo's available.
    Agree...I've never been more satisfied with the Market as a whole, but it's still being pulled along by 2-3 games instead of one. Granted these games keep making eachother better, whether from straight up copying content or building on a better idea. I think it's kinda silly to compare Rift and WoW at this point. They are both the best MMOs with the most content available, which is saying a lot. I'm excited to play both games over this year, because it looks like they are going to be KO'ng the rest of the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Quality, not quantity. 10 Bosses that require thought and coordination compared to even 100 that you just steamroll(LFR, which is all most WoW players clear anyway), there is no comparison.

And this is the point we get back on the discussion of Rift and stop the Rift vs WoW talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why you raid in Rift

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    This is why you raid in Rift
    That is one ugly...mother...

But yeah, crazy detail in there. I was impressed.

Deleted
    Is he wearing a tutu?

Race change feature, more items, better graphics... just more stuff in general