Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khoranth View Post
    Guess you do not seem to understand how a "gun free zone" works. If guns are not allowed, then the people in the "gun free zone" will be safe from assasins or crazy people.

+1 internets

Quote Originally Posted by Riidii View Post
    Gun-free zones don't work at all actually.

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.
    Probably because I don't live in a country where there are massacres every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Gun-free zones work where there is gun control. And gun education? You might be "gun educated", but if you're a psycho, you're a psycho with gun training. Not the way to go.
    I just want to pop in here and mention that I believe the best option for a safer country when it comes to gun violence isn't going to be the product of just one route of action. Having less guns in the general public could lower gun related violence, sure, but violence will continue to exist with or without guns. Personally, I'd like to see increased funding to our law enforcement, better gun education and stronger profiling for those purchasing guns alongside an increase of frequency of programs like gun buy-backs.

The (aside from the Pope probably) most-protected man on the planet needs more protection? I'd rather people that are unable to protect themselves(kids/elderly/handicapped) get some protection.

If someone really wanted to kill the president, a "gun free zone" wouldn't do anything to stop it.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Don't speak for other people, because you have no idea what they support.
    I support gun control, but the more I see this shit on the news, the more I'm leaning towards gun eradication. The amount of mentally challenged people that feel the need to have closest full of handguns is terrifying.
    Really? How ignorant can you possibly come off as? By your assessment if you own a car, you must be "mentally challenged" because cars and car owners cause more death and destruction to this planet than guns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    I love how the anti-gun people in this thread have realized the point trying to be made by the petition, but are simply choosing to ignore it.

That point being that guns in the hands of trained individuals create a safety net whereas a "gun-free" zone is an entirely ridiculous idea in protecting a specific target.

So rather than supporting gun control, you all support gun education. If someone's gonna own a gun then they should undergo an extensive gun training course that will allow them to properly handle their gun and use it as protection if they ever need to.
    so instead of psychopaths with guns,we need extensively trained psychopaths with guns?
    No what's important is to control WHO owns a gun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Really? How ignorant can you possibly come off as? By your assessment if you own a car, you must be "mentally challenged" because cars and car owners cause more death and destruction to this planet than guns.
    Cars have a use that's not destructive..the only use of a gun is to kill or harm other things >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riidii View Post
    That wouldn't change just because a certain President is killed.
    The president helps to keep those millions of children safe, healthy and educated so they can ALL realize their potential to possibly be the next president.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cars aren't made with the sole intent to blow people's brains out.
    The straws you're grasping for are over there.

This argument has been obliterated so many times already it's not even funny anymore. You guys continue humiliating yourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    I agree with this. It works so well for schools so it should work wonders for the safety of the president.
    Are school children under a constant risk of being killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Probably because I don't live in a country where there are massacres every week.
    Hey buddy, I live in the USA and it so happens I don't either. Wanna know what a massacre is? Go look at a day in most of the middle east. Go look at the average death toll per day in India from automotive "accidents." On the scope of things, this whole topic is bullshit kept going by people who have no horse in the race other than the warm feeling between their legs from posting their thoughts on the internet. For some of us, we've actually lost friends, family, and loved ones from violence. Some of us have had people die, and did so in circumstances where by following the law they had ZERO means or chances to defense themselves.

I agree the politicians want to take our guns because they have armed guards protecting them at all times.

Deleted
    They probably caused more death then rocket launchers and grenades.
    Wait by your logic....good news everyone!Rocket launchers and grenades are now available in gun stores cause this logic makes sense!

Deleted
    In my opinion this is a load of shit. The exact reason why nutjobs go and start shooting in schools is because there are no guns in schools, they get to slaughter freely.

What petition? All I see is spam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey buddy, I live in the USA and it so happens I don't either. Wanna know what a massacre is? Go look at a day in most of the middle east. Go look at the average death toll per day in India from automotive "accidents." On the scope of things, this whole topic is bullshit kept going by people who have no horse in the race other than the warm feeling between their legs from posting their thoughts on the internet. For some of us, we've actually lost friends, family, and loved ones from violence. Some of us have had people die, and did so in circumstances where by following the law they had ZERO means or chances to defense themselves.
    So you have to have had someone personally affected by this in order to have an opinion?
    Seems legit

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Hello friends.

We must protect the President, the Vice-President and their families. The only way to do so is to create "Gun Free Zones" around them.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...zones/6RDGkxLK

We no longer should need the Secret Service or other armed guards, once we create these "Gun Free Zones."

Help Protect Barack Hussein Obama by signing this pledge.

Pretty sure BHO never called for an outright ban of all guns. If anything, the only thing he's advocated against are assault rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    In my opinion this is a load of shit. The exact reason why nutjobs go and start shooting in schools is because there are no guns in schools, they get to slaughter freely.
    Columbine had armed guards.

Awesome, now just set the diameter of the zone to 3,500mi and you're set!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.