Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    As I see it Mr Morgan is exercising his first amendment right to speak about the 2nd amendment; Perhaps the folks that submitted and signed said petition are exercising THEIR first amendment rights. While I think about it, if the exercise of someone's first amendment rights is not what Mr Morgan had or his supporters had in mind, then perhaps he should use better judgement in what he says and to whom.

in parting, exercising your right of free speech doesn't make someone a crazy or ignorant.
    Sure, they can start a petition. Having any expectation of them getting their way is ridiculous, though, and would be hypocritical. Saying you want somebody deported is using one's speech. Getting them deported in order to silence them, however, is a violation of the other's.
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I'm screen shoting this. If the measure is ever passed. You're comments will be my new signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Caring about Fox News is like caring about the special Olympics if the participants were members of an internationally maligned news syndicate filled with neo-fascists who care about family values.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Sure, they can start a petition. Having any expectation of them getting their way is ridiculous, though, and would be hypocritical. Saying you want somebody deported is using one's speech. Getting them deported in order to silence them, however, is a violation of the other's.
    In order to deport Mr Morgan you'd have to be able to prove he violated the laws.

Grounds of Deportability
    Here's a brief summary of the types of personal characteristics or history that may make someone deportable.
    Having gained legal status by committing marriage fraud
    Being a terrorist
    Having been convicted of certain crimes
    Having helped smuggle aliens into the U.S.
    Having not deserved an earlier grant of legal status, because the person was inadmissible at the time
    Having failed to timely notify U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) of one's changes of address
    Having falsely claimed to be a U.S. citizen in order to gain a benefit from the government
    Thusfar I've seen no evidence of anyone presenting a cogent case to deport him, as I see the petition its reactionary and appears quite baseless. Despite that, it DID get the public attention it was seeking, and it DID bring a smile to those that viscerally dislike Mr Morgan.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

@Seran
    Signing the petition without any expectation of it working is fine. Expecting it to happen, and I do imagine that quite a number of people do want it to happen, would be a violation of the first amendment, and as a result would make that line of attack a hypocritical one. At that point I just start crossing off people from my imaginary list of people to take seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I'm screen shoting this. If the measure is ever passed. You're comments will be my new signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Caring about Fox News is like caring about the special Olympics if the participants were members of an internationally maligned news syndicate filled with neo-fascists who care about family values.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    @Seran
    Signing the petition without any expectation of it working is fine. Expecting it to happen, and I do imagine that quite a number of people do want it to happen, would be a violation of the first amendment, and as a result would make that line of attack a hypocritical one. At that point I just start crossing off people from my imaginary list of people to take seriously.
    I might not like him, I might not agree with him, however, I dont think he should be deported, I see nothing he's done that warrants it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I might not like him, I might not agree with him, however, I dont think he should be deported, I see nothing he's done that warrants it.
    I don't really care about his deportation but I wouldn't mind him and the rest of the talking heads removed from the air waves.

Quote Originally Posted by cz75fan View Post
    I don't really care about his deportation but I wouldn't mind him and the rest of the talking heads removed from the air waves.
    But TV would be so less interesting without Nancy Grace screaming at everyone!
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    It is impossible for a tear of sadness to land on a Warrior Beard. As soon as the tear lands on the Warrior Beard, it is now a happy tear.
    5:10 AM - Everything Nice: PizzaSHARK, you're my stand in! You're promoted to like.. Semi-bestfriend.
    MMOC IRC!