Thread: Starting a monk

Deleted

Starting a monk

Hello everyone at MMO-champion, i am finally starting my monk and i cant help but to wonder which race to choose as a alliance monk so i am asking you guys which race looks the best in monk gear etc.

P.S sorry if my english is hard to read, its not my main language

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren is always a good choice. Overall, I don't believe any one race really benefits over another, but I know alliance-side has more Human (increased rep gains, additional expertise from swords/maces) and Pandaren (double food buff benefits) monks. I believe it really depends on which spec you intend to play.

Deleted
    Well, i am gonna go Windwalker but i mostly wonder about the looks, i never see a point for choosing a race for 0.2% more dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahadem View Post
    Well, i am gonna go Windwalker but i mostly wonder about the looks, i never see a point for choosing a race for 0.2% more dps
    Then it goes into personal opinion. I prefer Pandaren aesthetically due to the updated graphics; perhaps when the new models are released, I will change my mind.

pandaren have the best racials.

humans are useless unless you use a specific kind of weapon, same with gnomes.

the 1% avoidance from NE would be good if you plan on tanking, but worthless if not.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    Settled on a Male Night elf monk, just looks good thanks for all the answers.

Deleted
    If you don't consider the racials, then its quite dependent on yourself as you know what you like and want to be looking at while you play. Have a play around on the character creation.

Deleted
    Draenei offers 1% hit. Allows you to put those 1% of stats into other more useful stats. Pandaren have a great racial, shame it drops off if you die and get combat ressed though not so great for progress in my opinion.

The other races don't offer anything beneficial unless you were to play other specs. If it's about looks for you, go for what ever takes your fancy.

10+ Year Old Account
    "What race shall I play" threads are generally frowned upon and I imagine this'll be locked.

Anyway, for PVP, human, just no doubt, human.

PVE, it's a bit more complex.

Pandaren are your top throughput race for healing and DPS because of their Epicurean benefit, but it has no effect on solo play. They also get a slight leveling advantage.

Gnomes have the highest mana regen and mana amount of all casters, and combined with Ascendance, a Gnome Mistweaver has a gigantic mana pool. They also have expertise with swords, but there's only one end-game sword, and that's from a heroic dungeon.

Night Elves have Shadowmeld to drop combat if they're the last one alive, and 2% dodge. Keep in mind that as a Brewmaster tank, Dodge is your worst stat, as their active mitigation is much more predictable.

Draenei have +hit, which functions fantastically for brewmasters and windwalkers. They also have Gift of the Naaru (20% heal over 12 seconds, 3 min cooldown) and trivial shadow resistance (every bit helps?). It's my personal choice for a monk tank. The hit is fantastic for threat and chi generation as a Brewmaster, and DPS as a Windwalker.

Dwarves have mace specialization, which is roughly as useful as the expertise with swords Gnomes have. They also have a -10% damage taken buff that also cleanses poisons and bleeds (and disease? Not sure.)

As far as aesthetics, I'm very fond of Draenei.

My monk :)
    Last edited by Viradiance; 2012-12-28 at 04:26 AM.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Female Pandaren, for racial's and cuteness
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

I just appearance changed my male Pandaren to female. The leg armor on males is messed up since their legs are short compared to the rest of their body.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

I'd honestly just go with a pandaren for your monk, you can definitely tell blizzard built the pandaren with the monk class in mind, all the animations are perfect for the pandaren. The other races look very sloppy as monks imo.

Deleted
    For Windwalker I would go Human for PvP (trinket as a racial) and Pandaren for PvE (double food buff).

Panda Monk is great due to the food buff. Getting a stack of the Drink/Food for a double Agility boost is great. Just pick up more when ever you need them when you go for the Daily XP boost. There is also a vendor who sells some ok fist weapons.