Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    1) Distracted me for about a week tops, I hit level 20, and realized "Oh, wait... this is grind, these rift things really aren't fun anymore" So, unless your simple minded, I doubt It'd get you off wow for more than a week.

2) It IS WoW, with added world events. The tutorial was pretty detailed though from what I remember, but if you have experience in WoW you wont need it.

3) God knows.

4) Theres probably only one PvE server (like SWTOR) the game failed, its populations so low they probably have or will merge all servers into one.

Let's not bash other games or their playerbases please. Infracted. -Edge
    I play both game.

1) 1-49 lvl is one game, 50-60 is other game to much better.

2) The character leveling in Rift is much more varied (quest, invasion, rift, pvp, more exploration). Better graphics, more difference between spec, more character customization, housing, to much better UI, promotes more social play. WoW is better for casual player, better lore, music and modalities pvp. (all is my personal opinion).

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad you'll never get to fight Volan then, your loss

I saw that video and I have to sudden urge to resub :l

Give it a go, imo - try Rift Lite if you haven't already. There's a reason why it's already more successful than most other MMOs, such as SWTOR and GW2. It holds its ground, and the fact that it has an expansion, as well as a very active patch cycle, just goes to show you how committed the developers are

I played Rift for about 8-9 months, as I was taking a break from WoW, and had the urge to try something new. Sure, there's a lot of similarities to WoW and most people are gonna think that, but you need to remember, it's still a MMO after all, it's just the way they 'deliver' that experience, as well as how they approach and design the content and gameplay. In this case, Rift has a lot of uniqueness to this, such as, more 'World PVE' due to its Rifts, world bosses and dynamic events caused by invasions, which are essentially zone-wide events.

I found Rift to be very fun, and there was definitely some challenging end-game content to look forward to - I was raiding, doing expert dungeons (5man HCs) and even had a twink char or two. Now, there's even more things to do, which just reminds us how busy the devs tend to be with Rift.

I've currently downloaded Rift Lite to give it a go, I'm a little confused on the talent system... Playing a Cleric Thunderer for a paladin/shaman like hybrid but am wondering if/when I can reset talents if need be.

Also, please refrain from bashing each other over opinions. I asked for help not a war on whose opinion is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    I've currently downloaded Rift Lite to give it a go, I'm a little confused on the talent system... Playing a Cleric Thunderer for a paladin/shaman like hybrid but am wondering if/when I can reset talents if need be.

Also, please refrain from bashing each other over opinions. I asked for help not a war on whose opinion is better.
    Yep you can reset your talents quite cheaply! I think starting at level 10 but might be earlier not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post

Your souls are never set in stone. A quick trip to a trainer will wipe out everything so you can start over. It's cheap the first few times, then even at max level the cost is next to nothing.

In addition, you can have six sets of soul combinations that you can switch between in seconds. The whole point of Rift is to find a class you like that has souls you enjoy. Once you've done that, go wild figuring out different combinations to use for different situations.

Unless it's changed in the last year, you can reset your souls for free for the first couple of levels. At level 50 (the old max level), talent resets cost 50g. At level 60, the current max level, it's 1 plat to reset. The cost is negligible, bordering on non-existent.

Keep in mind those suggested builds are just that, suggestions. You can stray from them or ignore them from the get-go should you choose to.

I will just say that if you're bored of wow, Rift is likely not for you.

If you however aint that bored of wow, and actually also like to play MMO's its a no-brainer to try. The free trial works quit okay for starters.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    I will just say that if you're bored of wow, Rift is likely not for you.
    Ok, so I stopped playing WoW and am still addicted to Rift. So you come to this conclusion, how, exactly?

They are different games. Rift copies from many different mmo's.

Some people, like myself, are bored of WoW, the classes and want something similar, but fresh. Rift has that "fresh" appeal that I was looking for. Same reason I loved GW2 - it was different, but similar.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Ok, so I stopped playing WoW and am still addicted to Rift. So you come to this conclusion, how, exactly?

They are different games. Rift copies from many different mmo's.

Some people, like myself, are bored of WoW, the classes and want something similar, but fresh. Rift has that "fresh" appeal that I was looking for. Same reason I loved GW2 - it was different, but similar.

We'll thats nice When I played Rift I found it to be to much like wow, I guess mostly cause I was looking for something much different.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    We'll thats nice When I played Rift I found it to be to much like wow, I guess mostly cause I was looking for something much different.
    I would like to return this 50" Samsung TV, the damn thing isn't a car!

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy it
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by Trlz View Post
    I would like to return this 50" Samsung TV, the damn thing isn't a car!

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy it
    Oh I did enjoy it alot. Its just by the time I had hit 10 days played I was quit bored The wow-model was sadly getting to obvious by then, but the rest of the time it was pretty okay, maybe minus some parts of the lvling, since Im not much off a lvling person any more