Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Storm, Earth and Fire Visual idea

Since we haven't seen any visuals of the new spell I thought the new spell should mimic the art that inspired it.

Storm, Earth and Fire: Cosmetic idea

Storm: While the spell is active the monk crackles with White Lightning. (Character has a White Glow)
    Earth: The First Clone Swings a Giant Stone Panda Totem. (Clone has a Green Glow)
    Fire: The Second Clone of yourself cast dual-weilds to burning Katanas like in the picture. (Character has a Red Glow)

Edit: Borrowing image from below
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostinferno View Post
    The spell already existed in WC3. Looks like this -

Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2012-12-28 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    Picture isn't working. But pretty mutch Brewmaster ultimate from DotA.

The spell already existed in WC3. Looks like this -

I find it funny that the most shamanistic ability ever is not a shaman spell XD

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    It's not a shaman ability. It was a Pandaren Brewmaster skill in Warcraft 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be jelly bro.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

well a shaman quotes it at the start of the credits in wc3 or frozen throne i cant remember. i always thought it was a shaman only quote/spell

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering monks are meant to be one with everything, It makes sense they can control the elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Since we haven't seen any visuals of the new spell I thought the new spell should mimic the art that inspired it.

Storm, Earth and Fire: Cosmetic idea

Storm: While the spell is active the monk crackles with White Lightning. (Character has a White Glow)
    Earth: The First Clone Swings a Giant Stone Panda Totem. (Clone has a Green Glow)
    Fire: The Second Clone of yourself cast dual-weilds to burning Katanas like in the picture. (Character has a Red Glow)

Edit: Borrowing image from below
    I would go one step further: Allow the spell for all 3 specs and make the 'main' clone be based on what spec you are.

Eg: while a windwalker, you take on the roll of the 'fire' clone, and your 2 copies are the 'earth' and 'storm'
    while a brewmaster you take on the roll of 'earth' and your clones are 'fire' and 'storm'
    while mistweaver you are 'storm' and your clones are 'fire' and 'earth'

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    I would go one step further: Allow the spell for all 3 specs and make the 'main' clone be based on what spec you are.

Eg: while a windwalker, you take on the roll of the 'fire' clone, and your 2 copies are the 'earth' and 'storm'
    while a brewmaster you take on the roll of 'earth' and your clones are 'fire' and 'storm'
    I absolutely love this idea! Seconded!

Quote Originally Posted by Delighted View Post
    Picture isn't working. But pretty mutch Brewmaster ultimate from WC3.
    Fixed /10 char
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post

Its a Windwalker spec only ability

Quote Originally Posted by Amigam View Post
    Its a Windwalker spec only ability
    "I would go one step further: Allow the spell for all 3 specs..."

Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    well a shaman quotes it at the start of the credits in wc3 or frozen throne i cant remember. i always thought it was a shaman only quote/spell
    Storm, Earth, and Fire: Heed my Call!

*awesome guitars start playing*

The same credits also have Arthas, the Lich King, playing an electric guitar and generally being badass. That sure isn't canon!

Or... Maybe it is. He needed something to do whilst waiting for us to reach him at the top of ICC, after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    I absolutely love this idea! Seconded!
    I second this idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    To clarify, "Storm, earth, and fire, heed my call!" is what a Warcraft 3 Orc Shaman says upon finishing training and appearing by your Spirit Lodge.

ETC yanked the line because it's awesome, and made a song about it. But it's definitely a shaman thing.

Why the Pandaren Brewmaster got the ability in war3, I still have no idea. Never made sense, even then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    To clarify, "Storm, earth, and fire, heed my call!" is what a Warcraft 3 Orc Shaman says upon finishing training and appearing by your Spirit Lodge.

ETC yanked the line because it's awesome, and made a song about it. But it's definitely a shaman thing.

Why the Pandaren Brewmaster got the ability in war3, I still have no idea. Never made sense, even then.
    The rumor I heard is that three elemental are the based original model for Pandaren (on top of the page in the link below). Their model are more closely relate to Japanese and not Chinese because Samwise Didier thought pandas are from Japan. The Chinese fan was not thrilled to say the least, if you know the Asia world war 2 history you would know why*. So Blizzard reworked the Pandaren to a more Chinese feel. To answer your question, reuse scraped models.

Picture of Japanese influence Panadren under Shado-pan, and wardancer:
    http://classic.battle.net/war3/pandaren/ <- Yes, I surprise as well that this link still works.

*During world war 2 Japan conquer a large part of China. Hence, even to this day, Chinese doesn't take anything with the implication that China is under Japan's rule well.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2012-12-28 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    Don't be jelly bro.
    I'm not jelly at all, I don't even play a shaman, but I do play a WW monk. Don't get me wrong, I love this new ability. My point is that this ability, even if it was a Brewmaster spell back in WC3, still fits better on a shaman, who is the elements master in this game. That's all

Deleted
    If this abillty is a toggle, i will find it hard toggling it off

I'm not jelly at all, I don't even play a shaman, but I do play a WW monk. Don't get me wrong, I love this new ability. My point is that this ability, even if it was a Brewmaster spell back in WC3, still fits better on a shaman, who is the elements master in this game. That's all
    I think the issue with the skill feeling a bit out of place compared to its WC3 counterpart is that Blizzard didn't really give us many elemental related abilities. We've got some spinning fire stuff, nature spells and that's about it - would be thematically good to have some rock/wind/water stuff thrown in there.