Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Weird/Recurring Dreams.

So I just noticed a recurring dream that seems to pop up every couple of days or so as far as I can remember anyway. Anyway it's not a full dream in itself but it seems to randomly pop up in the middle of other dreams. Anyway the latest one was this morning, I was sitting in my entertainment room with some friends and we were just hanging out, talking bout music and stuff and I had to go to the kitchen to get a drink and as I reached the fridge this grudge-looking little kid came out of nowhere and started running at me so I panicked and hit him and threw him against a wall and he just dissapeared and that's when I woke up. When I say grudge-looking I mean creepy as fuck, this always happens when I go to the kitchen in any dream I have, the exact same outcome each time.

Anyway I'm curious to see if you guys have any similar stories or just weird dreams in general.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

better call ghost busters bro.

OT: no. I believe things like these are just the mind playing tricks, senses are just a big wired engine (eyes brain w/e) and like any engine things get screwy sometimes..

I like to believe that dreams are just the brain's way of wading through all your recent thoughts and ideas, and thus recurring dreams are most likely due to something which has been on your mind a lot :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aftonflickan View Post
    I like to believe that dreams are just the brain's way of wading through all your recent thoughts and ideas, and thus recurring dreams are most likely due to something which has been on your mind a lot :P
    That's exactly what it is.

I love Freud, but his entire set of ideas on dream interpretation are bullcrap.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    So I just noticed a recurring dream that seems to pop up every couple of days or so as far as I can remember anyway. Anyway it's not a full dream in itself but it seems to randomly pop up in the middle of other dreams. Anyway the latest one was this morning, I was sitting in my entertainment room with some friends and we were just hanging out, talking bout music and stuff and I had to go to the kitchen to get a drink and as I reached the fridge this grudge-looking little kid came out of nowhere and started running at me so I panicked and hit him and threw him against a wall and he just dissapeared and that's when I woke up. When I say grudge-looking I mean creepy as fuck, this always happens when I go to the kitchen in any dream I have, the exact same outcome each time.

Anyway I'm curious to see if you guys have any similar stories or just weird dreams in general.
    Move that fridge and dig until you reach a coffin.

It happens, I had a recurring nasty character in a room I was afraid of as a kid. If any part of your house creeps you out, that's where the nightmares will get the worst when you go there while dreaming.

I'm not really sure why it stopped except dream-me stopped going there. :/

Definitely de-stressing before going to bed helps ward off the general nightmares. Rather than having watched a horror movie about a grudge-looking kid (one of those will keep the nightmares flowing for months, depends on how much it effected you) look at these kittens.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least 4 times a week I'll have night terrors where I hallucinate mass amounts of spiders, or a few large spiders in my room or under my pillow. I panic and immediately turn on the TV to get some light in my room, because I subconsciously know that that will make them go away.

Beating up or outright murdering my sister's ex boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It happens, I had a recurring nasty character in a room I was afraid of as a kid. If any part of your house creeps you out, that's where the nightmares will get the worst when you go there while dreaming.

I'm not really sure why it stopped except dream-me stopped going there. :/

Definitely de-stressing before going to bed helps ward off the general nightmares. Rather than having watched a horror movie about a grudge-looking kid (one of those will keep the nightmares flowing for months, depends on how much it effected you) look at these kittens.
    It doesn't really creep me out, I mean I have no problem going there day/night just that this keeps occurring and I dont get why, and yeah I tend to have a wild imagination so I avoid watching any horror movies at night and really at all if I can help it, I just dont like the "pop out from the closet and scare the fuck outta you" kinda movies, which leaves me totally confused as to why this dream keeps coming up.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 07:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxeyex View Post
    Move that fridge and dig until you reach a coffin.
    Perhaps I'll find a long lost pirate treasure.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Quote Originally Posted by Erfan1 View Post
    better call ghost busters bro.

OT: no. I believe things like these are just the mind playing tricks, senses are just a big wired engine (eyes brain w/e) and like any engine things get screwy sometimes..
    ha call ghostbusters!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a recurring nightmare where I'll be laying in bed, but lights don't work and I feel like there's a murderous presence right over me. Flicking a lightswitch either doesn't work or results in a very dim light. Recently, one of the dreams involved me trying to use my phone as a light to no avail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to have a recurring dream in which I was laying down on the floor with no lights and unable to move. I would get afraid and wake up crying but that was a loooong time ago when I was a kid.

Deleted
    I have had recurring dreams, mostly bad for many years now. The most frequent one is as follows:

I leave my house to take the short walk to work. It is a bright sunny, really hot day. The air is still, no breeze at all and not a soul in sight. After a few minutes I arrive at work, and enter through the old iron gates into the courtyard. I walk past the large ornamental pond, noticing not only that the water is crystal clear, but that all the fish are floating on the surface dead. I comment to myself that I must tell my manager.

As I enter the building I consider it odd that reception is totally empty. I use my pass card to go through into the corridor, and open the door on the left leading into my office. I am immediately struck by the smell of blood, lots of blood. As I look around I see that all my colleagues are dead, their throats cut, slumped at their computers. In shock I run out into the corridor, barely managing not to be sick. I head into the next office to get help, only to be met with the same scene. Horrified I try to call the emergency services on my mobile, and although a lady answers, her voice is faint and she can't hear me.

I go into my managers office, expecting the worse, but she wasn't there. At this point I realize the killer may still be around, so I run back to the reception to get away. As I enter the reception I see my manager Elizabeth's body lying slumped by the exit door, blood dripping from her throat all down her white blouse.

I know that I will need to move her body to escape, and nervously edge closer. Suddenly she looks up, our eyes meeting. SHE WAS ALIVE!!

Seeing that she is bleeding very badly, I explain that I need to put pressure on her neck wound to stop the bleeding. She pulls away from me, a look of pure terror on her face. I try to reassure her, and kneel down beside her to help. Again she pulls away, looking even more frightened. I notice that she is looking at my arms, and not my face. Looking down I see that both my arms are dripping in blood, from the elbows down to my hands, but it isn't my blood. I reach out and brush Elizabeth's long flowing blonde hair away from her neck before I gently place my hands on her neck wound, and begin to apply pressure. I can feel her trembling, and see tears streaming from her beautiful eyes.

I gradually increase the pressure of my grip, and the blood flow reduces. I continue increasing my grip on her neck, until I hear a faint snapping sound like when you snap a chicken bone and Elizabeth's head falls limply to the side. I let go of her and watch as Elizabeth's body topples over, her lifeless eyes still looking up at me. As I stand up to leave, I take one last look at her body and I feel myself begin to smile.

Have a happy new year

Deleted
    There's two I can think of. One is about spiders being in my bed which always wakes me up and prevents me from climbing back into bed, much to my annoyance. The other is some cliché crap where I kiss my best friend. This one happens a lot and ends up putting me in a bad mood for the following day.

Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post
    I have had recurring dreams, mostly bad for many years now. The most frequent one is as follows:

I leave my house to take the short walk to work. It is a bright sunny, really hot day. The air is still, no breeze at all and not a soul in sight. After a few minutes I arrive at work, and enter through the old iron gates into the courtyard. I walk past the large ornamental pond, noticing not only that the water is crystal clear, but that all the fish are floating on the surface dead. I comment to myself that I must tell my manager.

As I enter the building I consider it odd that reception is totally empty. I use my pass card to go through into the corridor, and open the door on the left leading into my office. I am immediately struck by the smell of blood, lots of blood. As I look around I see that all my colleagues are dead, their throats cut, slumped at their computers. In shock I run out into the corridor, barely managing not to be sick. I head into the next office to get help, only to be met with the same scene. Horrified I try to call the emergency services on my mobile, and although a lady answers, her voice is faint and she can't hear me.

I go into my managers office, expecting the worse, but she wasn't there. At this point I realize the killer may still be around, so I run back to the reception to get away. As I enter the reception I see my manager Elizabeth's body lying slumped by the exit door, blood dripping from her throat all down her white blouse.

I know that I will need to move her body to escape, and nervously edge closer. Suddenly she looks up, our eyes meeting. SHE WAS ALIVE!!

Seeing that she is bleeding very badly, I explain that I need to put pressure on her neck wound to stop the bleeding. She pulls away from me, a look of pure terror on her face. I try to reassure her, and kneel down beside her to help. Again she pulls away, looking even more frightened. I notice that she is looking at my arms, and not my face. Looking down I see that both my arms are dripping in blood, from the elbows down to my hands, but it isn't my blood. I reach out and brush Elizabeth's long flowing blonde hair away from her neck before I gently place my hands on her neck wound, and begin to apply pressure. I can feel her trembling, and see tears streaming from her beautiful eyes.

I gradually increase the pressure of my grip, and the blood flow reduces. I continue increasing my grip on her neck, until I hear a faint snapping sound like when you snap a chicken bone and Elizabeth's head falls limply to the side. I let go of her and watch as Elizabeth's body topples over, her lifeless eyes still looking up at me. As I stand up to leave, I take one last look at her body and I feel myself begin to smile.

Have a happy new year
    That sounds like some sort of creepypasta story lol.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 09:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I used to dream I was in my old school building, except I was (mostly) alone. Seemed deserted, so I start exploring class rooms and find furniture lying tipped over, broken and tossed. Sort of post-apocalypse feeling. And then I bump into a raptor eating a classmate. And it turns out the school is filled with Jurassic Park styled velociraptors, and I have to start running and trying to survive.

Have had this basic dream about 8 times now
    That's crazy, I've had similar "chase/survival" dreams, though not recurring ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was a kid, I had one recurring bad dream

I'm walking in the park near my school, when all of a sudden a drug addict chases me with a needle which he tries to stab me with

was because school found a log of drug needles for a few weeks, and that's how the over-imaginative me thought people became drug-junkies.
    kids.

xD

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was a kid I often had a dream where I was running as fast as I could, but I didn’t move forward, but I was mysteriously pulled backwards slowly. Some kind of witch was following me, slowly. The whole dream was kind of slow, almost entirely in slow-motion. Very weird. I would wake up either when the witch reached me, or in the middle of it. Gasp that dream was frightening.

Do you have these dreams when going to bed tired?

10+ Year Old Account
    Many dreams often carry out moer than wading through what you just thought, or what you've been thinking on a lot lately, in the past etc.

Most times they can be more or less related directly to something in your waking life that is right, wrong, troubling you etc. Like the cliche dream we've most had where you are chased by something or someone, but you are completely frozen in place, unable to move or scream, or well you can slugishly barely move as the thing chasing you comes near, and you scream but there is no sound at all coming. and being chased in a dream, clichelike as it might sound, often means you're avoiding something in your waking life that you are very aware of, but perhaps think you shoulden't. IE: You saw something happen to someone, you should notify someone, but you didn't. as an example

There are many "Dream Interpretations" online, most saying the same about what kind of dream it is, and what it might mean to you exactly, as no dream can mean 1 thing, but it can mean many, only you can know what it is in your waking day that might be causing it.

Google things like "Dream Moods", "Dream Interpretations" or "Dream Meanings" and you'll find lots of lists =)

Deleted
    I've had a couple of memorable recurring dreams throughout my life, one that was particularly frightening was getting hunted down and eaten by giants.

Another that always stuck with me was one that I wasn't quite lucid in, but I recalled my gruesome fate from the first time I had the dream and was able to avoid it the second time. I was exploring this abandoned rural construction site in an autumn forest and when I tried to leave the complex through the front gate, this beautiful and motherly women pirched atop a mound of scrap and rubbish beckoned me over to her promising to help me find my way out of the woods, but, when I approached her the pile of junk beneath her became a horrible fleshy monster with a giant maw which subsequently devoured me. Well, the second time I had the dream, I remembered what had happened to me before, so when the lady called me over again, I told her to, "Fuck off!", and walked out of the gates. xD