Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Many dreams often carry out moer than wading through what you just thought, or what you've been thinking on a lot lately, in the past etc.

Most times they can be more or less related directly to something in your waking life that is right, wrong, troubling you etc. Like the cliche dream we've most had where you are chased by something or someone, but you are completely frozen in place, unable to move or scream, or well you can slugishly barely move as the thing chasing you comes near, and you scream but there is no sound at all coming. and being chased in a dream, clichelike as it might sound, often means you're avoiding something in your waking life that you are very aware of, but perhaps think you shoulden't. IE: You saw something happen to someone, you should notify someone, but you didn't. as an example

There are many "Dream Interpretations" online, most saying the same about what kind of dream it is, and what it might mean to you exactly, as no dream can mean 1 thing, but it can mean many, only you can know what it is in your waking day that might be causing it.

Google things like "Dream Moods", "Dream Interpretations" or "Dream Meanings" and you'll find lots of lists =)

I've had a couple of memorable recurring dreams throughout my life, one that was particularly frightening was getting hunted down and eaten by giants.

Another that always stuck with me was one that I wasn't quite lucid in, but I recalled my gruesome fate from the first time I had the dream and was able to avoid it the second time. I was exploring this abandoned rural construction site in an autumn forest and when I tried to leave the complex through the front gate, this beautiful and motherly women pirched atop a mound of scrap and rubbish beckoned me over to her promising to help me find my way out of the woods, but, when I approached her the pile of junk beneath her became a horrible fleshy monster with a giant maw which subsequently devoured me. Well, the second time I had the dream, I remembered what had happened to me before, so when the lady called me over again, I told her to, "Fuck off!", and walked out of the gates. xD

I've always have those running from monsters, usually zombies. The first dream I ever had that I remember was being chased around a collesuem type structure by skeletons and finding my parents only to see thier skin melt of, pretty fucked up for a 5 or 6 yr old. Granted I did see army of darkness earlier.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned lucid dreaming, where you know you're in a dream and can control you're actions. Pretty useful when you remember you're a ninja with guns because it's your dream. There's meant to be a bunch of ways to train yourself to do it, it just kinda happened to me when I quit anti-depressants.
    i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz || ASUS Sabertooth Z77 || EVGA GTX690 || 16GB G-Skill || 128GB+512GB SSD (PRO/EVO) || 2TB+4TB WD Blacks || Corsair HX-850W || Custom Water Cooling
    Cooler Master HAF X || ASUS PB278Q 2560x1440 || Logitech G19 || Cyborg RAT7 || Xonar DX || BitFenix Recon Fan Controller

Most of the bad ones I've had involve sleep paralysis and only seem to happen when I fall asleep on my back (I'm usually a stomach sleeper) or in some awkward position. I've had a few that rattled me so bad I had to sit up and watch TV for a while until I calm down and can go back to sleep. That whole deal with sleep paralysis is something I've never really been able to get used to. Not too common, but it happens to me every now and then.

It's pretty rare that I actually remember all the details of any dreams I've had by morning though.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Do you have these dreams when going to bed tired?
    That could be a factor, though I havent had that dream since the day I made this tread strangely.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 03:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I've always have those running from monsters, usually zombies. The first dream I ever had that I remember was being chased around a collesuem type structure by skeletons and finding my parents only to see thier skin melt of, pretty fucked up for a 5 or 6 yr old. Granted I did see army of darkness earlier.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned lucid dreaming, where you know you're in a dream and can control you're actions. Pretty useful when you remember you're a ninja with guns because it's your dream. There's meant to be a bunch of ways to train yourself to do it, it just kinda happened to me when I quit anti-depressants.
    That dream I had involved lucid dreaming to some extent, because when it happened I remembered that it was a dream and I remembered what I had to do the last time I had that dream. Gotta admit I have been looking into lucid dreaming, that sort of thing fascinates me greatly.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 03:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Most of the bad ones I've had involve sleep paralysis and only seem to happen when I fall asleep on my back (I'm usually a stomach sleeper) or in some awkward position. I've had a few that rattled me so bad I had to sit up and watch TV for a while until I calm down and can go back to sleep. That whole deal with sleep paralysis is something I've never really been able to get used to. Not too common, but it happens to me every now and then.

It's pretty rare that I actually remember all the details of any dreams I've had by morning though.
    I havent had a sleep paralysis dream for a long time, I'm glad though the last time was fucking horrible. I also rarely remember my dreams but this one just happened to be right before I was supposed to wake up so it was kinda stuck in my mind for the whole day.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno