Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    pass my driving test in january, get a better job!

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 02:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You'll love it! Trust me! I've been soft-drink free for almost a decade! I used to live on the stuff (7-11 Dr. Pepper double gulps + refills for deadlines were common...).

Nevermind the effects on one's waistline, the mental clairity you get is worth it alone. It will also be surprising just how awesome water tastes. Even after all these years it surprises me how much I love the taste of a tall cool glass of water.

I'll warn you though... the first week will be rough. You might even get sick... Caffeine withdrawal causes many doozies of a headache!

yeah i basically gave up soft drinks after i left school. use to have like 3 glasses a day, i have maybe one can of coke a month now, only really have it when i go out for a meal. anymore than one glass/can now and i just feel terrible, just feel bloated and sick, not sure how i use to drink so much. pretty much just drink water now. water with ice is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Short answer: To become the man that is my Avatar. ^_^
    You mean to zipline across oceans and tell your subordinates to kill themselves and blow up everything around them?

My resolution is to get my lifestyle on better track than it already is and to really push and carve out my future after college.

Deleted
    To take better care of myself in both body and mind. To not force myself into or out of anything (which might sound like a contradiction), to take life in moderation. And to spend much more time with my family and relatives, because they are worth it and I want them to know it.

I can express it best in swedish: Leva lagom.
    "Leva" meaning "to live" and lagom being a swedish word for "just right" (not too much, not too little.)

I wish you all the best of luck and I truly hope you can stay strong and keep on track!

Deleted
    Quite a lot of things Ive planned for next year. I feel Ive matured a lot in 2012 in terms of how I approach things and how I think about stuff and I hope I can implement my resolutions for 2013 into my real life.

I guess in the end It's what you do that defines you, not what you think or plan on doing.

1) Take better control of my health and fitness
    2) Apply for and obtain my Professional Engineer Designation (PENG)
    3) Be more of an advocate for my career at work
    4) Be open minded and broaden the activities my wife and I do together
    5) Have fun and enjoy life

note: not in that order necessarily

Deleted
    Clear all HC modes pre-nerf.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    1. Do better in school.
    2. Lose weight
    3. Get a job

1. get my license (been lazy for 7 years)
    2. quit smoking (probably not gonna happen)
    3. Drink Less

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You mean to zipline across oceans and tell your subordinates to kill themselves and blow up everything around them?
    /punches the air

Kick ass chapter, wasn't it!? ^_^ I've been a fan of Doflamingo for about 5 years now... so you can imagine my reaction to the final panel of the latest chapter! ^_^

Hehe - nah, I don't like him for the mean stuff - I just like his attitude of looking outwards-in on things, and that he doesn't give a damn about what anybody thinks of him, and that he's always smiling! Above all, his overall STYLE! ^_^ (Though I doubt I'm brave enough to don a pink flamingo-feathered coat! :P)

Incidentally, one thing I like about this chapter is we're seeing a major hint of him actually having a heart. Seeing him willingly letting that little girl use his knee as a table to hold her treats, seeing him say "i'm sorry, it's my fault" to Monet, defending his "sister" of Baby 5 (through questionable means...), having him honor and apologize to Virgo - thanking him for the years of his dedication, and his "zip-lining" after he heard Monet gurgling her (presumably) last breath.

There's definitely more to him than just smiling evilly and selling underworld stuff! ^_^ I have a secret wish that he will become a Strawhat - a wish I KNOW will never happen. >_<
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2012-12-28 at 04:10 AM.

I am going to change my diet, eating more fruits and vegetables and less meat. I'll still have the tasty meals once for twice a week, though. Also try to break a 4:50 mile to beat my high school record, this goes hand in hand with diet change imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get in shape. Already started light work-outs, and I walk everywhere I go anyway. But that doesn't do much for endurance. I'm not overweight at all, but I really need do develop some endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Get in shape. Already started light work-outs, and I walk everywhere I go anyway. But that doesn't do much for endurance. I'm not overweight at all, but I really need do develop some endurance.
    The best way to build endurance is to gradually increase your goals every week. The biggest part of it is that you must keep on running, until you reach your goal for the day. If you start walking it, and quit before you finish your goal, it'll happen next time, then over and over. It's pretty much a trap. Also light work-outs are great for endurance! Doing lightweight and high reps trains your muscles to be ready for long distance whatever.

probably be a better person... but first, find out how to do that

Thank god I'm not the only 20 year old without a drivers license, I really need to get that as well. I can drive just fine, I think it's just me getting worked up.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-12-28 at 09:31 AM.

Lol getting your drivers license at a later age isn't a big deal. I didn't get mine till I was like 18-19 and I had my permit at age 17 or something. License just means you have to pay insurance earlier, and as a male under 25 you don't want to get your license until you know you need to drive.

Hold my stocks longer. I tend to dump them when they go higher, then miss out on higher gains. Need to trust my judgment better when picking buying/selling. I also pick a good stock then am too scared to buy it. Then miss out again.

Work out more. I am now on a 1-2 times per month. Don't need to lose weight ( the contrary), but still need to stay fit.

Read a book every month.

Play with legos more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my only one is to go and do the test for my driver's permit. I'm 21 and I still don't drive yet. Don't even have a permit yet. So hopefully I go through with this and get my permit so I can start driving. I guess the reason I haven't gotten one yet is because I find driving to be pretty nerve racking. When I was practicing in a parking lot in my mom's car I was so nervous, like I didn't want to hit a curb or anything. The other thing too is that I hate long cars and that's kind of what my mom has (an Oldsmobile Alero) so when I was turning around corners I was afraid that I wouldn't turn correctly. But according to my dad I did pretty decent so I guess it's just all in my head.

And another one that I will try to do is eat healthier and maybe do some exercise and lose some pounds. Maybe gain some muscle too.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-12-28 at 03:27 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Find a better job and move out if possible.

Deleted
    I'd like to go on a legit date by the end of the year (and preferably have something develop from it). So, I guess my resolution is to attempt to be less of a pussy when I go on a night out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stick to my savings plan and buy an engagement ring for my lady. From Jan 1st to May1st i should be able to put away $500 per pay period and have about $2,500 to spend on the ring. We're not materialistic people, and she owns maybe 1 piece of metal jewelry. So I want her to have something outrageous lol. Far more than she would expect anyhow.