Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2013 resolutions

As the title says, what resolutions / goals do you have for 2013?

Mines are:

Getting my driving license, i went to a few classes but never finished, now it's time to do it before the learning license ends.

Get in better shape, it's being one of my resolutions for the past 3 years but i think 2013 is the year.

Stop being lazy and get a real job, at the moment i only work like 6 months a year, stay the other 6 months doing nothing at my parents home, that needs to change, i am almost 20 now. Kinda feeling bad for doing this for the past 2 years.

As you see i am lazy as hell but i think 2013 is my year and i will do my best to achieve my objectives.

will probably stay with 1920x1080 resolution, but who knows maybe they'll become obselete.

edit: ... i mean getting a new car ? ... ... ...

Deleted
    Pat my cat, like last year, and the year before that. Always makes me feel good about myself when I achieved something I told myself to do.

Lose weight, get my life in order, hopefully where i don't have to give up video games but i will if need be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always forget mine by the 15th. Maybe mines should to not forget my resolution.

Deleted
    I never have resolutions, If I want to change or do something I do it as soon as I can, I see no logic in waiting for the new year.

Deleted
    Completely quit smoking (except one pack during exams and 2 next Christmas, which I probably wont buy if I can help it, I just hate saying never as I get nostalgic then and missing the "good times" with cigarettes too much). I don't smoke much now but the Sunday smoking is till a disgusting habit I want to get rid of.

Spend more time with my parents and my dog. I haven't found much time for them lately.

Actually study and get over 90% in exams so I can get into the university and be able to study what I always wanted.

No more sacrificing anything I want for any boyfriend ever again. Thank god I learned this lesson early..

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I never have resolutions, If I want to change or do something I do it as soon as I can, I see no logic in waiting for the new year.
    I know what you mean, i don't wait for the new year to change something but it's the last day of the year and i normally do a more complete retrospective of the year and think about what i need to change and what i haven't done in the last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just being content with myself and who I am, which I already am. That's enough in my book to be able to achieve the things I would like to do.

Short answer: To become the man that is my Avatar. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    No soft drink all 2013
    Hi

Deleted
    I never have any resolutions because I change things when I want to, instead of waiting.

I want to cycle 10000 miles during 2013, including 30 centuries and at least 1 double century.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    No soft drink all 2013
    You'll love it! Trust me! I've been soft-drink free for almost a decade! I used to live on the stuff (7-11 Dr. Pepper double gulps + refills for deadlines were common...).

Nevermind the effects on one's waistline, the mental clairity you get is worth it alone. It will also be surprising just how awesome water tastes. Even after all these years it surprises me how much I love the taste of a tall cool glass of water.

I'll warn you though... the first week will be rough. You might even get sick... Caffeine withdrawal causes many doozies of a headache!

10+ Year Old Account
    Continue losing weight, finish learning to drive, quit smoking and get accepted into university.

I think I can do all except for the smoking one, that will be difficult.

Deleted
    I need to cook more then once a week, so more healthy warm meals in 2013.

10+ Year Old Account
    actually stop smoking. had like a solid six month+ streak of only smoking when ive been drinking and never buying my own packs just buying one off someone outside the bar but then i started seeing this girl who smokes and with her smoking around me all the time it was too much and i started buying my own again

Deleted
    Stop smoking and stop drinking and start working out again.

To lose the last bit of weight to get to an "ideal" weight (17lbs - shouldn't take long), once I've done that tone up & prepare for a 10k, sure it's not much but considering where I was entering 2012 it's an achievement!

Get myself a long term job, I've spent 10 months of 2012 unemployed either through choice or because of my own mistakes, this is a primary concern!

Once I've done no 2 I intend to learn to drive, I've already allowed one provisional license to expire without a single driving lesson, I don't intend a second to go as well!

Learn to play guitar properly, I've got a beautiful instrument which my half-assed scratchings on don't do any justice, so I'm going to practice and learn to properly play it as opposed to pissing about with a handfull of songs on Rocksmith!

The one which I really have zero control over is trying to figure out what the hell I want to do in life, it's not that I've been a bum all my life (I actually used to be someone who was a work first person!) but I've never really known what my role in life is - which I'm guessing won't change this year either. But some day I might figure out what the cosmic plan is for me and follow it through, if not I'm not gonna lose sleep over it I'm just gonna keep looking.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Lots of people trying to stop smoking and drinking, that's really nice, good luck.