Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    People just whine to have something to whine about nothing new nothing to see here.

Dailies is fun but becomes boring fast. i burned myself out in the first month of doing so now im taking it slow. one faction at a time.

What I else did when I did not do dailies was to get my relic hunter title. Seriously loved that thing and hope they will add more treasures in future patches
    And god more archaology finds
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing, the world is a one-off thing to deal with before heading back to where everything is and queing my way to progress. For me the world exists for rp and event purposes, nothing more and nothing less once the new batch of questing is over
    Wrath baby and proud of it

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind doing dailies.

I mind that 70% of the time doing them is spent waiting on spawns.

I want the idea of weeklies back in and not dailies.
    Give the same Valor/Rep/Whatever but let me knock them out on one of the three days I can play the game.

As it is now I have to punch the clock to do my dailies every day and run my LFDs, LFRs and Tradeskill one-a-days...it's really annoying.

I'd like to see treasure hunts, competitions (like races or arenas that everyone can watch/participate - similar to Brawler's Guild, but more of them out in the world), secret hideouts, puzzles, etc....

I personally hate dailies, I am Holy Spec Pally as my main spec, my off-spec is ret but doing any type of DPS is pretty much non-existent. I have received exalted status with Shado-Pan and revered with The Golden Lotus and so far it is just incredibly boring to do this each and every day. For me at least if you get to revered with a faction, then at least give the option to have a tabard that you can gain rep from doing 5-mans or raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    What else do they want to do in the world? Things that don't feel like a chore.

Probably one of the most fun features I've had in an MMO is the Mentoring/Instant Adventure system in Rift. For those that don't know:
    - Mentoring allows a character to essentially lower their character level, altering their stats. This enables higher level characters to go back and do quests in lower level zones for fun, participate in zone activities, and help their friends out without killing their xp.
    - The Instant Adventure system allows players of any level to group up for a storyline quest in a zone, lowering their level appropriately and providing them with neat rewards that pertain to their actual level.
    Would players want to go out into the world if they had to put up with this?

While some players might enjoy that, it brings with it some issues that were seen more recently in Guild Wars 2.

When max level geared players are working on old achievements, archeology, leveling up professions, etc on lower level zone, it feels . . . awkward to put it nicely to have to deal with each and every mob nearby because of your lower scaled level and stats.

The wow community is very demanding but I have to say this is not one of the things players ask for regularly and I think there is good reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    And it begins... QQ Blizzard is lazy. Please look beyond the dailies (and actually thinking its easy/lazy to make new hubs with storylines), all the stuff you could do in other expansions are still here to do. They added stuff next to those allongside more dailies. Please get some perspective, people who complain like this are just either getting bored with the current game, or here to just whine. Also I read solutions to just 'make it easier' to get stuff. If they do that you get bored way faster with progression content, and are you going to whine about that.
    They are lazy, don't get mad because we have different opinions. I don't blame them though, If my main concern was money I would put out the least amount of content as possible while still making max profit. Making daily quest hubs is way easier than making new dungeons, new professions, new world bosses, etc etc. So why not go the easy way when so many people are content with it?

So all that other stuff from previous expansions I can do huh? Maybe I don't want to do any of it because I've done it all before. You may be content with the way Blizzard is heading with this game, but not everyone shares your opinion.

People complain about the overabundance of dailies, but when they weren't there -- that's exactly what there was an outcry for.

Wasn't there a "daily instance" of the day similar to the weekly BG where you got additional rep or badges for completing that instance? Wouldn't mind see that making a comeback in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post
    They are lazy, don't get mad because we have different opinions. I don't blame them though, If my main concern was money I would put out the least amount of content as possible while still making max profit. Making daily quest hubs is way easier than making new dungeons, new professions, new world bosses, etc etc. So why not go the easy way when so many people are content with it?

So all that other stuff from previous expansions I can do huh? Maybe I don't want to do any of it because I've done it all before. You may be content with the way Blizzard is heading with this game, but not everyone shares your opinion.
    I'm not mad at all, but people tend to think blizzard employees sit around on working days browsing the web instead of actually working (calling them lazy). The point I'm making is that they introduce tons of new stuff next to stuff which was already in the game. Apparently you don't like iit, that's fine, but why the heck are you crying about instead of just adapting or quitting for a while till they make the game different.

Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    I'm not mad at all, but people tend to think blizzard employees sit around on working days browsing the web instead of actually working (calling them lazy). The point I'm making is that they introduce tons of new stuff next to stuff which was already in the game. Apparently you don't like iit, that's fine, but why the heck are you crying about instead of just adapting or quitting for a while till they make the game different.
    What people "tend to think" is what they WANT to think. There is a huge difference between the truth and what players like to think is going on behind closed doors. People treat Blizzard like their parents in their annoying teen years. They know more and they act passive/aggressive to let out their little rages. Blizzard could come out tomorrow and say that there is no more rep,*valor, coins from dailies. Only gold, and people will still bitch about dailies being mandatory. Why? Because some people are control freaks. Because they aren't happy in life, they want some control in the world they live in. And when they can't get that, they rage. But you can damn sure bet these people are never content.

Blizzard could come out and say "Okay mr. mandatory dailies. You are in charge of the direction of the game. Make a list of all of your wants and desires, and we will make it happen. Every, single one of them.". Mr. Mandatory dailies makes his lists, Blizz knocks it all out. BUT. A month from now, Mr. Mandatory dailies is going to start raging about something again. Why is that? Because it has nothing to do with the game. Mr Mandatory dailies always needs reassured that he is going to be listened to, and is in a constant battle for control. And despite them getting all of their wishes granted, they will be back to their normal, passive/aggressive, control freak, behavior. Blizzard can try to make the best game they can. But they can't fix players psyche.

More craftable stuff to gather materials for (not just grind reputation for) would be nice. It's been an underused means of gear progression for ages. You can get a few 476 bits made, then crafting becomes mostly pointless. Sure, there's the blood spirit gear, but that's limited by how many blood spirits you have available (which is limited by disenchantable raid drops) rather than the other materials.

Think Arcanite Reaper in vanilla. Required a ton of gold worth of materials and three weeks of alchemy transmutes to make the arcanite bars, but gave you a damn fine axe in the end. Working on finally getting one was something to do. The closest thing to that now are Darkmoon cards, but acquiring those is extremely random and most of the work is trading for the right ones (just making eight Darkmoon cards isn't that expensive).
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post

That's just BS. They haven't stopped making dungeons and raids and anything else because we now have lots of dailies. The only thing lazy here is your thinking. It's not a matter of opinions. If Blizzard was lazy they wouldn't create 100 brand new tree models and soil textures for every single new zone they make. You are doing the same thing Blizzard does when it makes errors, you are using tunnel vision and focusing on the problems you care about to the exclusion of everything not in your tunnel vision. Blizzard's main concern is not money, their main concern is in doing what they love to do for a living, which takes money to do.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Extremely long, challenging, difficult questlines. Questlines like the one for Rhok' or the Sceptre of the Shifting Sands, or the D1 to D2 (aka T 0.5) upgrade questlines. I spent ages on those, and they were some of my funnest time spent in Azeroth. Ideally there would be different ones for each class and profession. Some could be more specific, being designed for a particular race or spec, others less targeted, being based on role or even faction-wide.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 06:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    What people "tend to think" is what they WANT to think. There is a huge difference between the truth and what players like to think is going on behind closed doors. People treat Blizzard like their parents in their annoying teen years. They know more and they act passive/aggressive to let out their little rages. Blizzard could come out tomorrow and say that there is no more rep,*valor, coins from dailies. Only gold, and people will still bitch about dailies being mandatory. Why? Because some people are control freaks. Because they aren't happy in life, they want some control in the world they live in. And when they can't get that, they rage. But you can damn sure bet these people are never content.

Blizzard could come out and say "Okay mr. mandatory dailies. You are in charge of the direction of the game. Make a list of all of your wants and desires, and we will make it happen. Every, single one of them.". Mr. Mandatory dailies makes his lists, Blizz knocks it all out. BUT. A month from now, Mr. Mandatory dailies is going to start raging about something again. Why is that? Because it has nothing to do with the game. Mr Mandatory dailies always needs reassured that he is going to be listened to, and is in a constant battle for control. And despite them getting all of their wishes granted, they will be back to their normal, passive/aggressive, control freak, behavior. Blizzard can try to make the best game they can. But they can't fix players psyche.
    Since you're so good at predicting the future in such precise detail, could you please give me next week's winning lottery numbers?

I want to do dailies that take less time and I get things that I actually want! Sure I want gear too but I would rather raid for that. I would rather have pets, mounts, fun items, ect which they have but it takes a whole month to get there. I want to pvp and raid but I can't because I have to kill a lot of time doing dailies.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    world pvp, what else would I do? o_0

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    This and then some. Guilds have been replaced with more randoms, BGs, LFD, and LFR. So you can actually do so much of the game completely absent of anything more than random strangers, which makes it feel even more solo.
    WOW has always been like this, it was one of the big things they strived for when designing the game. They didn´t want people to feel like they had to schedule real life around a game. Guilds are great, social interaction is great.. but when the ´meat´ of a game requires you to schedule real life around it, then it will be a niche game. One of the reasons WOW grew so fast is because of exactly what you are arguing against.. People could log in when they had time, play for 30 minutes, and make progress with their characters. That was something that was completely missing in MMORPGs before WOW. Don´t get me wrong, what you are talking about is cool, but it is also never going to be a game with 10M players.

To me, it's not about dailies.

It's about the fact they gated valor gear behind said dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Dailies aren't all that bad. They've just never been as required for raiders as they are now. They've never been died to VP and progression other than faction dailies for should/head enchants.

Sorry, but after a full day of work, the last thing I want to do is come home to do a couple hours of dailies then go to raid. It just doesn't interest me in the slightest. It really is unfortunate because I think the raiding is probably the best it has been in a while.
    This is the argument that kills me. ´hours´. If you are a raider, you don´t really need rep gear. The big thing you need is your lucky charms and to top off your VP. In order to get your lucky charms, you need to do about 7 quests per day. If you are in raid gear, even doing the hardest, most annoying ones ( golden lotus) should take you 15 minutes to do 7 quests. Some of them, like the Anglers, Cloud serpents and AC (if you have it unlocked) can be done in under 5 minutes.

In my opinion, the biggest mistake Blizzard made was with Golden Lotus dailies. I think instead of players complaining about a few of the GL dailies in particular, you ended up with a lot of players like the one quoted here who now talk about ´dailies´ in general, when in fact, their beef is probably against just the GL. Any raider who takes more than 15 minutes getting their lucky charms is doing it wrong... they are doing GL.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrament View Post
    I personally hate dailies, I am Holy Spec Pally as my main spec, my off-spec is ret but doing any type of DPS is pretty much non-existent. I have received exalted status with Shado-Pan and revered with The Golden Lotus and so far it is just incredibly boring to do this each and every day. For me at least if you get to revered with a faction, then at least give the option to have a tabard that you can gain rep from doing 5-mans or raids.
    There is no reason to take any rep to exalted. While I am a completionist, I am also efficient. I know that at the end of patch 5.2, or the end of patch 5.3, there will be a few months of ´dead´time. When I am sporting ilvl 550 gear, I will go back and faceroll the klaxxi and SP dailies and get to exalted. For now, I make sure I get my 90 lesser charms per week, by doing the easier and faster dailies, or the ones that have useful rewards ( the trinket from Domination revered).

Deleted
    I actually like to do dailies i do collect achievement points. My problems started when i hitted exalted with every faction in MoP, i just cant push my self to do dailies after exalted. I dont wanna spend time running random hc/scenarios with pug ppl, it just feels too much carrying. Capping valor is pain in as now. Blizzard should maybe add increased valor rewards from dailies after exalted?