Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question If people doesn't like dailes, what else do they want to do out in the world?

A lot of people whine about dailys - calling WoW a DailyCraft. But everytime I ask one of these people what else would they want to do out in the world - they have no idea.

I just wonder, what you guys would like to do in WoW besides of dailys. What would you like to see in the future patches that would make people do this everyday and enjoy it?

Deleted
    I dont mind dailies, I don't do them everyday, but we could have more rare monsters, events and treasures. MoP delivers this in some way, but there should still be more random stuff that you find even without looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    but we could have more rare monsters, events and treasures.
    I have never seen more rare mobs and rare treasures in any game I have ever played. Blizzard completely addressed this request. I do agree there is a lot of room for random world events.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rare mounts, rare pets, achievements, fishing, treasures, and archaeology. All of these aspects felt neglected but not completely forgotten, enough to not keep me playing though, I have 12k achievement points an am a pet / useless proffesion nerd, I loved dailies, but the game just doesn't have the gameplay quality that it had before, I felt like i was at endgame cataclysm a month after mists release.

I've never been a fan of dailies going back to TBC, but they now seem more interesting than they ever were. I don't see them as mandatory in any way, but now that they unlock actual storylines they are a lot different than what they used to seem like.

The argent tournament dailies and the firelands and the Ogrila dailies all felt like a job I had to log in to do every day, it reminded me of washing dishes. But the Shieldwall Dailies are exciting for me because of this epic story line it seems to be unlocking every few days for me to see.

As long as dailies have actual stories to tell and have interesting mechanics and they aren't the same every day, I am fine with them.

It's a pity so many people think they have to do them.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

What they want is the fun the game naturally brings. People have since long grown horribly bored with the natural fun of the game, and will only do things for benefit, fun or not. No matter what Blizzard do, they won't be able to magically bring back that natural fun.

If not dailies, then to increase overall "wealth" of world. Increase drops from mobs, so people had reason to farm mobs than AH. Revert resource nodes to how they were at MoP release, they were very abundant, but it was only time in WoW, when it would be wiser to farm resources yourself than to buy from AH.

Decrease exp needed to level at 85 till 90 by around 20%, and increase ilvl rewards in last zones, so Dread Waste would end rewarding 450 greens with occasional 458 at end of some quest chains.

Other than that, there should be no need to "make people go out in the world", let people do what they want, if people prefer dungeons, let it be dungeons. Some roles (tanks and healers) don't feel really comfortable when they are pushed "out in the world" by artificial means like now (dailies). They feel better in dungeons.

Want people to go out in the world? Remove LFD. Remove LFR. Remove summons. Remove Flying Mounts.

Lots of people out in the world.

Reality? Never happening. So yeah, the incredibly boring dailies are the 'solution'.

People shouldn't be made to feel like they have to go out into the world to do shit, they should feel like it's a good way to spend your time if they want to.

Instead they've done kind of the opposite. You (at least I do) feel like you have to go out into the world to do dailies for your rep/VP/charms, but you don't feel like you're able to do what you want to do out in the world (like just grinding mobs for example), because any way of spending your time that can compete with daily grinds in terms of efficiency on some level gets nerfed to the ground as soon as it's discovered. I remember my farming spots in previous expansions. Farms on plaguelands in vanilla, scryers at black temple in TBC, undead outside of ICC in WotLK... I don't know what they have against grinding. Lots of people find it an enjoyable way to spend their time, but every time some efficient way of grinding is discovered, thost mobs either have their loot tables heavily nerfed, or even their loot removed entirely. So it feels like, whenever I have some time to solo, I have to do dailies, because there's almost no other way of spending my time that isn't extremely inefficient by comparison.

Doesn't help that the world is boring and stupid as shit. If they'd freakin' remove stupid flying mounts (I hate flying mounts), and made traveling the world feel like you're actually travelling the world, rather than as if you're on a constant manual flightpath from questing area to qesting area, trying to keep to your daily grind schedule, maybe it'd be more intersting. Thoug they did make a good step in that direction, if you ask me, with rare spawns that can drop fun items; I just wish there were more of them, and that they dropped more valueable things.

If they removed flying mounts, made grinding a viable alternative to doing dailies, and filled the world with more intersting things, like rare spawns that gave significant rewards, and mining/herbing/whatever nodes that were worth going for even on a land mount, and maybe a few other interesting things (such as periodic events, like the undead invasion in vanilla but more frequent and random, with real rewards), people would go out into the world. But right now it's just... bleh.

It needs to be less predictable, more difficult, less safe, and just more... interesting overall. Right now I feel no particular urge to go do anything in the world of the world of warcraft. If it wasn't for the raiding, I wouldn't be playing WoW at all.

It kind of depresses me, since they have this great game and this huge experienced team of developers; if they'd just spend their time developing some more [i9interesting[/i] content, rather than boring dailies, or achievements that reward you with nothing but a title or something cosmetic like a mount (and are generally obnoxious to do anyway, rather than something that you should feel like is a good way to spend your time wether you want the achievement or not).
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is a MMORPG but.. I kinda feel that you don't really need other players to play or evolve your character. When you leveling you can do it alone. When you do daily you can do it alone. You can get good gear all by yourself without any interaction and do lfr/lfg without saying a word.

WoW is taking a ''solo'' turn and i don't really enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    WoW is a MMORPG but.. I kinda feel that you don't really need other players to play or evolve your character. When you leveling you can do it alone. When you do daily you can do it alone. You can get good gear all by yourself without any interaction and do lfr/lfg without saying a word.

This and then some. Guilds have been replaced with more randoms, BGs, LFD, and LFR. So you can actually do so much of the game completely absent of anything more than random strangers, which makes it feel even more solo.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    the dailies released with 5.1 didnt bother me one bit it was the mass ammount of golden lotus and 5 other factions at once....which i never did them ALL i started with lotus and klaxxi didnt want the ring from exalted klaxxi so stopped at revered.....the GL dailies are just like the molten front ones...too many for one time
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanlol View Post
    I have never seen more rare mobs and rare treasures in any game I have ever played. Blizzard completely addressed this request. I do agree there is a lot of room for random world events.
    This. My only beef is that I can't find/get any of these thanks to CRZ.

Deleted
    I want lesser charms from instances. Less dailies to get rep till exalted. Alts should have same rep as main.
    The start of Mop was fucking annoying with so lagre portion of my day goes doing dailies. Shieldwall isn't that bad but again who gives a shit about doing same dailies on alts too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think random events for level 90's would be cool. There would be some sort of "call to arms" where a random place would need defending or attacking. Rewarding players for contributing to the fight. Events like that were fun in GW2 and Rift, I don't see why it wouldn't be fun in WoW too. The reward tokens for these events could be turned in for anything from rep gains, honor/justice/valor/conquest, crafting materials or even gold. Just thinking of getting the call to arms to have rush to red ridge and all of a sudden they have 20-30 level 90's storming in. Plus it would be cool for people just starting out while questing to have a bunch of high level characters rush in and kill the baddies, giving them something to look forward to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    This and then some. Guilds have been replaced with more randoms, BGs, LFD, and LFR. So you can actually do so much of the game completely absent of anything more than random strangers, which makes it feel even more solo.
    The flip side of this thread is that a lot of people want to do more solo stuff so they can avoid a population that they have some valid reason to view as toxic. I don't think the solutions to this lie in forcing people into group activities necessarily. There should be greater incentives to get into guilds, especially social guilds apart from progression raiding guilds. I've never particularly understood given the stratification of guilds why it would be that you couldn't be in more than one but say no more than three different sort of guilds, i.e. raiding guild, social guild, teaching guild if those existed.

I'm not a huge fan of the randomness of the social element of the game myself. But that said, there are many blocks towards being more social and few incentives to know people.

Given a lot of my personal experiences in the game over the years, it's very much understandable why people prefer to play alone rather than engage with a community that has as many problems as this one does.

It's a very difficult question.

More on-topic: I'd like to see some of the daily quests redesigned as 2-3 person very quick scenarios more in the manner of the way group quests used to be. Scenarios with perhaps some trash, a boss, some things to pick up, and done. Certainly no more than one phase. They have sort of approached this recently with the "NPC group" quests in MF and some of the helpers you get for quests now. It would be nice to see a few of these, even one or two a day, in which you'd have to be with someone alive to finish.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-12-28 at 04:10 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    WoW is the only game that I play that the more people around actually hurts. Not being in a group means you have to fight others for mobs and pick-ups. Being in a group means less experience and less drops. I don't like how the game became a solo game, but you no longer need to be in a group to anything so other people just get in your way makes me rather quest with no one else around. Questing with CRZ was a reminder on how annoying it is with others around. I would love to mention another game that I have 100 times more fun questing in the world because having more people *usually* makes it more fun.

I don't mind "dailies", I just hate the way Blizzard does it. It doesn't seem like you're making a change in the world, like dailies are supposed to do. Remember Isle dailies from BC and to a smaller degree the AQ gate opening? For the Isle you actually saw progress, not now where you have the exact same quests every day killing the same named person over and over (seriously, who is still immersed in the game where you are actually told to kill the same person every day?).

There are many things that Blizzard can put into the world to make it more enjoyable, but it's clear they would rather take the lazy route and do dailies because it's less work they have to do. The sad thing is that people actually like this, so Blizzard won't change if they think the majority of people actually like what they're doing. They've had some cool ideas (Arch, new rare mobs in MoP, etc) but implemented so poorly I'm confused on who actually working at Blizzard thought they were good the way they are.
    Last edited by Ogretron; 2012-12-28 at 04:16 AM.

I don't mind daily quests, I understand what Blizzard are trying to accomplish with them but they do get a bit boring after a while. What I'd like is to see them spruced up a bit, made more exiting - maybe alongside the normal dailies there could be some kind of daily event that instead of the standard kill/collect style of quests it would be something similar to the battle for undercity/battle for gilneas etc (but obviously shorter) as well as defensive versions of them - something like an outdoor scenario.

wheres our world pvp zone??? all pvp all the time?!?! somewhat like the pvp planet in SWToR which was the only thing SWToR did right, outside of the awful lag and frame rate rape. it was nice to be able to log, not have to que or wait an hour and some odd minutes for the zone to reopen due to some raid opening mechanic, and just world pvp

If you had to choose "Solo" or "Multiplayer" right at the beginning of the game and after that it forced you into that playstyle there would be less whiners. They flexibility makes people go for the easy choice, but if they get automatically paired with like-minded individuals and restrict you from taking the other alternative by this choice system it would become a non-issue.