Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    Why not create a more interesting way of obtaining gear that is epic instead of doing 48324908242 dailies for them? I remember playing EQ2 and doing huge, giant quest chains that took you everywhere, killing mobs, running around an entire map to collect and combine things, going into a dungeon and then killing one final thing. That shit was fun and rewarding.

    There has never really been anything to do in the world in the first place. I've been playing this game for years and most of it is spent in a dungeon, in a raid, or in a city. The only time I care about "the world" is when I'm leveling, and even then, until MoP, I couldn't give a damn about the world or scenery. You think you're "out and about" because you're running to a dungeon? Doing a daily? Herbing?

    I'm not sure what I'd like to see, maybe something similar to GW2, where everyone goes to events to kill things, everyone gets credit. Similar to Rifts in Rift, going and closing them, collecting a currency. Dailies are stupid, that's all I have to say. You can love 'em and enjoy them, but as for me... they can go to hell. If you can't make them interesting or create something more interesting, then that kind of sucks. I really hope in the next expansion they take the time to change some things about the game like daily quests.
    Last edited by chocobo606; 2012-12-29 at 09:11 PM.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    As long as you do that only on PVP servers, I'm fine with that. But please leave other servers alone.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 05:09 PM ----------


    Not everyone is a raider.



    And if the boss didn't drop loot or gold, no one (except maybe some hardcore guilds) would raid. Your point is?
    I didn't mean to say remove them, just have them give rewards that are actually in proportion to what you're doing.

    The point is that the content has worth in and of itself.

  3. #103
    Better designed dailies. Seriously, awful quest designers. I'm telling you: they have no creativity left. Have you ever done a quest in WoW recently that was actually engaging with a story that didn't remind you of the main plot? I haven't. It seems every time you get away from something mentioning the Cataclysm or Deathwing, it comes and slaps you in the face again constantly reminding you that you are in a small world. All of the Cataclysm quests were a downgrade of what we had before even though the fluidity was better. MoP quests are just a repeat of Cataclysm except, this time, it's the Sha. I think each zone should have a unique plot and its own identity. It creates more depth and overall a better feel.
    Last edited by Phasma; 2012-12-30 at 01:11 PM.

  4. #104
    Brewmaster Banzhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,371
    Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    Why not create a more interesting way of obtaining gear that is epic instead of doing 48324908242 dailies for them? I remember playing EQ2 and doing huge, giant quest chains that took you everywhere, killing mobs, running around an entire map to collect and combine things, going into a dungeon and then killing one final thing. That shit was fun and rewarding.

    There has never really been anything to do in the world in the first place. I've been playing this game for years and most of it is spent in a dungeon, in a raid, or in a city. The only time I care about "the world" is when I'm leveling, and even then, until MoP, I couldn't give a damn about the world or scenery. You think you're "out and about" because you're running to a dungeon? Doing a daily? Herbing?

    I'm not sure what I'd like to see, maybe something similar to GW2, where everyone goes to events to kill things, everyone gets credit. Similar to Rifts in Rift, going and closing them, collecting a currency. Dailies are stupid, that's all I have to say. You can love 'em and enjoy them, but as for me... they can go to hell. If you can't make them interesting or create something more interesting, then that kind of sucks. I really hope in the next expansion they take the time to change some things about the game like daily quests.
    That's only due to you (and a ton of others who have no idea how or why gating content is great, all they can see are the fucking pixels at the end of the stick.., and the stick is to long if it takes more then a day and isn't combined with a que system) started in Wrath or later when the flood gates was already being opened to every piece of shit poisonous player.

    I hope the development team stands firm this time on the course taking in MoP, and then build on that instead of letting every god damn game play content, consist of a que-button and an overwhelming reward 5min later.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    I dont mind dailies, I don't do them everyday, but we could have more rare monsters, events and treasures. MoP delivers this in some way, but there should still be more random stuff that you find even without looking.
    I've never understood why actually doing stuff (dailies) is worse than waiting idle for hours for a rare to respawn.
    Last edited by Stannis; 2012-12-30 at 02:02 PM.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    That's only due to you (and a ton of others who have no idea how or why gating content is great, all they can see are the fucking pixels at the end of the stick.., and the stick is to long if it takes more then a day and isn't combined with a que system) started in Wrath or later when the flood gates was already being opened to every piece of shit poisonous player.

    I hope the development team stands firm this time on the course taking in MoP, and then build on that instead of letting every god damn game play content, consist of a que-button and an overwhelming reward 5min later.
    It isn't that the stick is too long, its that the grind is done with shtty ass daily quests. I couldn't care that the content is gated, or takes a certain amount of effort, only that it makes us do the most boring type of content in the game.
    I also think that the people who want to force this kind of content on others, those people are the poison in the community. You being one of them.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 02:47 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    I've never understood why actually doing stuff (dailies) is worse than waiting idle for hours for a rare to respawn.
    Well with dailies you actually have to do something that's not fun, making it a chore. Waiting idle for a rare spawn you can just afk with NPCscan and do other things, which while it isn't any fun, it also isn't a chore.

  7. #107
    I played some weeks the revamped world in cata and one thing I hated the most is that theres no longer a place for mayor outdoor pvp. I remember ye olde days where orgrimmar chat was flooded with messages calling for random pvp raids to either stormwind, the night elven lands. On the alliance side it was fun to raids Crossroads, camp T up to the side entrance or orgrimmar. Now those days are gone and so the places people would freely choose to go and do whatever they wanted.

    It seems now that every fun aspect of the game is "given" by blizzard, instead of created by the player.
    proud participant of the most epic thread ever: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...an-made/page36

  8. #108
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,659
    Quote Originally Posted by grothezk View Post
    I played some weeks the revamped world in cata and one thing I hated the most is that theres no longer a place for mayor outdoor pvp. I remember ye olde days where orgrimmar chat was flooded with messages calling for random pvp raids to either stormwind, the night elven lands. On the alliance side it was fun to raids Crossroads, camp T up to the side entrance or orgrimmar. Now those days are gone and so the places people would freely choose to go and do whatever they wanted.
    World PVP died the moment BGs were introduced. Although, judging by the amount of whining on PVP servers and CRZ, ganking is still prevalent.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 04:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    It isn't that the stick is too long, its that the grind is done with shtty ass daily quests. I couldn't care that the content is gated, or takes a certain amount of effort, only that it makes us do the most boring type of content in the game.
    Sorry, but I'd rather do dailies than grind dungeons with morons for rep. At least I can do them on my own.

  9. #109
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    81
    i always like doing dailies i usually an an achivement farmer lately so im going for everything dailies is a big build up to most of the achivements im aiming for right now such as exalted rep / daily quests completed etc not to mention the gear you can get and the mounts etc

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Sorry, but I'd rather do dailies than grind dungeons with morons for rep. At least I can do them on my own.
    Nobody is asking to get rid of daily rewards. Only to put the rewards elsewhere as well. Give people options.

  11. #111
    Banned Pandareeni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    80
    Well one thing what they definitely should change is the honor you get from slaughtering opposing faction outside bgs. In current form it's just laughable how little it is compared to bgs/arenas. I mean in pvp servers it should be about questing and about war and current honor gains outside bgs are just laughable.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    People shouldn't be made to feel like they have to go out into the world to do shit, they should feel like it's a good way to spend your time if they want to.

    Instead they've done kind of the opposite. You (at least I do) feel like you have to go out into the world to do dailies for your rep/VP/charms, but you don't feel like you're able to do what you want to do out in the world (like just grinding mobs for example), because any way of spending your time that can compete with daily grinds in terms of efficiency on some level gets nerfed to the ground as soon as it's discovered. I remember my farming spots in previous expansions. Farms on plaguelands in vanilla, scryers at black temple in TBC, undead outside of ICC in WotLK... I don't know what they have against grinding. Lots of people find it an enjoyable way to spend their time, but every time some efficient way of grinding is discovered, thost mobs either have their loot tables heavily nerfed, or even their loot removed entirely. So it feels like, whenever I have some time to solo, I have to do dailies, because there's almost no other way of spending my time that isn't extremely inefficient by comparison.

    Doesn't help that the world is boring and stupid as shit. If they'd freakin' remove stupid flying mounts (I hate flying mounts), and made traveling the world feel like you're actually travelling the world, rather than as if you're on a constant manual flightpath from questing area to qesting area, trying to keep to your daily grind schedule, maybe it'd be more intersting. Thoug they did make a good step in that direction, if you ask me, with rare spawns that can drop fun items; I just wish there were more of them, and that they dropped more valueable things.

    If they removed flying mounts, made grinding a viable alternative to doing dailies, and filled the world with more intersting things, like rare spawns that gave significant rewards, and mining/herbing/whatever nodes that were worth going for even on a land mount, and maybe a few other interesting things (such as periodic events, like the undead invasion in vanilla but more frequent and random, with real rewards), people would go out into the world. But right now it's just... bleh.

    It needs to be less predictable, more difficult, less safe, and just more... interesting overall. Right now I feel no particular urge to go do anything in the world of the world of warcraft. If it wasn't for the raiding, I wouldn't be playing WoW at all.

    It kind of depresses me, since they have this great game and this huge experienced team of developers; if they'd just spend their time developing some more [i9interesting[/i] content, rather than boring dailies, or achievements that reward you with nothing but a title or something cosmetic like a mount (and are generally obnoxious to do anyway, rather than something that you should feel like is a good way to spend your time wether you want the achievement or not).
    Completely agree with this post, should be framed and sent to Blizzard signed by all. Blizz - get cracking, you should have addressed this long.

  13. #113
    Banned Pandareeni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    80
    I think this thread is so stupid from the get go. Not to insult op, but the op just sounds so simple minded, I mean it doesnt require deduction skills of sherlock to think of many many other posibilities blizzard could introduce compared mind-numbing stuff like daily quests, like described in the big post written by the person who person above my post quoted. Sometimes this whole forums just feels like it's full of retards.
    Last edited by Pandareeni; 2012-12-30 at 05:26 PM.

  14. #114
    Maybe add quest chains which you have to find, like adventures or something. I really enjoyed killing all the rares, but that took me like 2 days only..

  15. #115
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,675
    Dailies are fine, the 5.1 dailies are actually pretty damn awesome. The release dailies are good too, the problem is that it was somewhat overwhelming to ppl that cant control their gameplay.(Like 6 to 7 factions?) I'd say Golden lotus was a bad model but they did learn from that. So as long as the model for them are the 5.1 faction ones, im completely fine for them to keep beeing a solid incentive to go around the world, along with world bosses, which is basicly what they are doing in 5.2. Also i might add, the Rare hunting in pandaria is working pretty good too, pretty cool vanity items as well as some easy mats for enchanters etc. I would add maybe pets to them aswell.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2012-12-30 at 05:54 PM.

  16. #116
    Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,877
    This isn't a shocker for you??? There's a reason the game sucks horribly outside of PvE... it's because the dev team doesn't give 2 shits about anything else other than PvE... and even then PvE is still sucking since there's only one raid. What happened to multiple raids being released at start? And if 5.2 is already coming out this early with no ptr for the raid... wouldn't that mean that the raid potentially could have launched with MoP? The reason you find yourself with nothing to do is not only because everything outside of PvE sucks, but because the game is too damn easy. You shouldn't even have more than 4 epics after the first month of the game unless you're in a hardcore raiding guild. I read that people complained that there weren't any new dungeons... well wouldn't that make the game more boring since gear would just be thrown into peoples faces and it would be equivalent to the old raids so that those people wearing them can go into LFR or such. Did anyone really think pet battles was going to be something that people talk about??? It's pokemon... If I were to still pay for the game... I'd want more content, more raids, things that actually matter at end game... not pokemon... and the fact that they keep adding to it in this next content patch makes me laugh. PvP is completely unbalanced because blizzard went back to balancing characters based on their dps in PvE, what a shocker... but you have no one to blame, because it's your fault for only staring at one side of the game (PvE) when there are multiple aspects that are in dire situations... now that people get bored of PvE and want to do something else, they're at a loss of words... they try a BG, but because they can't comprehend anything other than their 5 button dps rotation... they continue to die in PvP and they don't even bother to look at arena because they come to a sad conclusion that their pathetic negative win/loss ration won't do them any justice... and unless you're trying to satisfy your e-peen... there's really no point to do arena unless you're sure you'll get over 2.2k for the new colored armor and weapon... which a lot of people can't so they don't even bother... That's not the reason why arena sucks, it's because aside from titles, there's no true reward system... that shit left after wrathful season... at one point, getting 1750 rating meant more than "oh hey, i'm a challenger" it was more like "oh yeee getting papa some new leggings!" Just like in PvE, people in PvP want that reward feeling for their hardwork... if you don't do good, you don't deserve good gear, if you do good you do... you don't see blizzard creating features that give you the loot on the boss if you happen to wipe when he/she is under 10%... if you want the good gear, you have to work for it... sadly, not a lot of people were good enough at arena so they didn't care about people like me and my joy from arena... oh well, I already quit a while ago... Game is definitely not what it used to be.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  17. #117
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Euskadi, España
    Posts
    122
    Flying mounts and lfg made the world dead/useless and to counter that they add 1M dailies.

    I would prefer to spend my time traveling to dungeons (with a better lfg system than spaming in /2) instead of dailes. Yes, you can make your journey flying to some places but the flying mount makes you unable to interact with other players because in a mmo whatever other players do affect me, even if I go walking all over pandaria I wont face you.

    Travelling, farming, exploring, lowbies and gankers used to make the world alive. They failed in cata with archeology and now everything is about dailies.

  18. #118
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Nobody is asking to get rid of daily rewards. Only to put the rewards elsewhere as well. Give people options.
    Except that putting rep in dungeons is IMHO not a good option, because it concentrates all three available things (rep, valor and gear) in one place.
    And any other alternative will not appease the whiners because they were too accustomed to that system during LK and Cata.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 07:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by zirp View Post
    I would prefer to spend my time traveling to dungeons (with a better lfg system than spaming in /2) instead of dailes.
    If you have time to waste on traveling, that's your choice. I'd rather do dailies (and at the end stop doing them because I hit exalted - like I am now) then hoof my way to dungeons (which I'll always do to cap valor).

  19. #119
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,754
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    This isn't a shocker for you??? There's a reason the game sucks horribly outside of PvE... it's because the dev team doesn't give 2 shits about anything else other than PvE... and even then PvE is still sucking since there's only one raid. What happened to multiple raids being released at start? And if 5.2 is already coming out this early with no ptr for the raid... wouldn't that mean that the raid potentially could have launched with MoP? The reason you find yourself with nothing to do is not only because everything outside of PvE sucks, but because the game is too damn easy. You shouldn't even have more than 4 epics after the first month of the game unless you're in a hardcore raiding guild. I read that people complained that there weren't any new dungeons... well wouldn't that make the game more boring since gear would just be thrown into peoples faces and it would be equivalent to the old raids so that those people wearing them can go into LFR or such. Did anyone really think pet battles was going to be something that people talk about??? It's pokemon... If I were to still pay for the game... I'd want more content, more raids, things that actually matter at end game... not pokemon... and the fact that they keep adding to it in this next content patch makes me laugh. PvP is completely unbalanced because blizzard went back to balancing characters based on their dps in PvE, what a shocker... but you have no one to blame, because it's your fault for only staring at one side of the game (PvE) when there are multiple aspects that are in dire situations... now that people get bored of PvE and want to do something else, they're at a loss of words... they try a BG, but because they can't comprehend anything other than their 5 button dps rotation... they continue to die in PvP and they don't even bother to look at arena because they come to a sad conclusion that their pathetic negative win/loss ration won't do them any justice... and unless you're trying to satisfy your e-peen... there's really no point to do arena unless you're sure you'll get over 2.2k for the new colored armor and weapon... which a lot of people can't so they don't even bother... That's not the reason why arena sucks, it's because aside from titles, there's no true reward system... that shit left after wrathful season... at one point, getting 1750 rating meant more than "oh hey, i'm a challenger" it was more like "oh yeee getting papa some new leggings!" Just like in PvE, people in PvP want that reward feeling for their hardwork... if you don't do good, you don't deserve good gear, if you do good you do... you don't see blizzard creating features that give you the loot on the boss if you happen to wipe when he/she is under 10%... if you want the good gear, you have to work for it... sadly, not a lot of people were good enough at arena so they didn't care about people like me and my joy from arena... oh well, I already quit a while ago... Game is definitely not what it used to be.
    Wow, that is unreadable, please put in some paragrahps so we can understand what point youre making. From what i can gather its a whine post.

    Dailies are bland, they could replace it with standing still in a queue for all I care just dont make me do dailies. I dinged 90 I need to gear up fast, lfr gave me nothing so im stuck with farming dailies to get coins/valor and rep to get gear, not fun at all.

  20. #120
    Mechagnome Zeglo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    582
    Farming. It's easier than accepting and turning in quests so many dang times. I hate that.

    I also wouldn't mind more things like the Wanderer's Festival.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •