Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Also, with the new raid we will also get a new PvP season. That means Conquest gear gets bumped down to honor, so you can farm 483 gear(491 when upgraded), same level as Terrace LFR. And remember, PvP stats no longer cost Ilevel budget, so they are equal to PvE gear of the same Ilevel.

PD. this has no relevance if valor gear is bumped down to justice, but I don't think it will happen. What can happen is that we get new reputations with higher valor rewards as in 5.1.
    Last edited by Grim Reaper; 2012-12-28 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Funny thing...because it's NOT. Then again insulting people isn't a good form of a argument either.
    It will, give it time. Before long we'll have nothing but epics in 5mans just like cata and nobody will have to work hard to be ready for the raid on Orgrimmar.

People want the same opportunities as those who work hard for nothing.

Deleted
    another post like:

"give me all best gear in 2-3 days or ill call this game stupid"

As been stated there is more than LFR to be getting geared, VP is easily aquried and can be used to purchase gear as well as upgrade gear, not to mention new factions + daily hubs have better loot rewards from doing their quests, also world bosses will drop higher ilvl gear too and you can still be killing the old ones without too much difficulty. You can also farm out the current 3 raids with other peoples higher ilvls it shouldn't be too hard to do a few of the fights in MSV/HoF on heroic
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by kandalanu View Post
    another post like:

"give me all best gear in 2-3 days or ill call this game stupid"
    Way to completely take something out of context, apply a generalisation and then try and insult someone instead of using constructive comments. >.>"

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxie View Post
    What is so bad about going back through 5.0 content for a couple of months. If you are in a guild environment normal should be a breeze, especially considering they will be nerfing the content in 5.2. If you could provide a legitimate reason as to why this kind of PvE progression is bad then go ahead, i'd love to hear it.

Gear resets should happen each expansion, not every 6 months. It invalidates amazing content that should be a staple in the game all the way through the expansion.
    Blizzard already said a while back that they want people who return to the game to be able to participate in whatever tier is current and not be forced to grind through each previous tier just in order to catch up. You might disagree with their stance on it, but it's their game and their design intent.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

If you start now with Golden Lotus and Klaxxi dailies, you'll hit exalted long before 5.2, especially now with the bonus rep gain from hitting revered and buying the commendation.

This gives you two free 489 epics. In the midst of doing those dailies, if you do a dungeon a day, you'll earn a decent amount of VP. Hitting exalted with those two factions opens up more VP epics that you can buy, so you can also buy those (also 489). If you're stuck with some 463s and still can't get 1 piece to drop, you can always upgrade and beef with JP and beef your ilvl up that way.

I imagine that LFR for Thunderking will be between regular and heroic (496 and 509). The LFR item is 483 and you need 470 to enter (13 less). This is the general pattern (13 ilvl) between the tiers, so figure that having all slots filled with LFR (483) and VP/Quest (489) will give you the minimum needed to enter 5.2 LFR.

It's not unreasonable, since 5.2 will drop VP to JP and upgrading will also cost JP.

As long as you keep avoiding the point that VP gear will be bumped down to JP, thus giving you a *complete* set (barring weapons, which we might be able to craft, concidering that thunder-forge they hinted at in the preview stating it could make "raid worthy" weapons or something) of 489/496 gear, netting you about 492 average.
    This is about as good as ANY normal mode raider will manage to get - might be slightly behind, but for all intents and purposes, 492 is enough to take down the vast majority of heroic modes in the current tier, and should be more than enough to take down the normal modes in the NEXT tier, rewarding you loot upgrades (usually, items are 8-9 ilvls above the previous tier - thus we can expect ilvl 503 items from the normal modes, and 516 from the heroic modes).

Stating that "JP is long/boring/hard" to get, doesn't matter. It is still a way for you to catch up - an ensured method, even, of catching up, because no matter how many times you raid, you might never see half the items you want drop. But JP? JP will be aquired from every boss kill in HC's. It'll ENSURE you a way to gear up.

Something you are also not concidering, is this -
    back in Cataclysm, for one, each tier brought a new set of VP items. They usually covered 4-5 slots total. Thus over the expansion, you could get like... Half your slots filled out by lvl 359, 378 and 397 epics.
    This time, YOUR ENTIRE GEARSET is provided for you. You can literally farm all the gear you'll ever need for stepping IN to a raid, from random heroics. There's no missing pieces - suboptimal? Sure. It's supposed to be a secondary choise to actually raiding. Viable? Oh hell yes.

We're getting new ways of aquiring JP (such as a boost when Vp capped, as far as I've understood?), which means that you can in no way compare the speed to now. But on average, each random hc holds what, 4-5 bosses. That's 42 vp per boss, or 210 vp per. I might be slightly off, but you need about 22K justice points for a FULL set of gear. that's all 15 items minus weapon. You can do 3 heroics an hour at this point, when next patch comes around, this should deffo hold true, that's 630 VP an hour. 35 hours for farming a full set of raiding ready gear, under the CURRENT system. Expect it to be maybe double as fast under the next patch. So let's say, 20 hours.
    Of course, if you're really as dedicated to joining your friends as you're saying, you'll have both the lotus necklase (-1250 JP), the klaxxi ring (-1250 vp) and a Darkmoon trinket (-1750 jp) - all 3 extremely easily gained, and can be gained BEFORE the patch even hits without any shred of luck needed. Just some effort. That's 20% of the neccessary VP, gone.

Is that really so bad? How much time do you spend clearing all five parts of LFR in a week? an hour average per? Maybe two if you're counting in queue timers and you're a dps. You'll get stronger items here, you can do it on YOUR schedule (no waiting a week to get another shot at an item), you can literally have it knocked out in less than a week if you wish to.

And don't give me the bullshit that the items require rep. Repgrinds have ALWAYS been a part of WoW. The fact that you can't equip your tabard and sprint through the grinds so they didn't even really matter is just too bad, really. If you want to raid, you get rep. At this point, if you have every single reputation enhancer (+100%), and level a new character through townlong+dreadwastes, getting:
    Klaxxi+lotus exalted.
    Offensive+celestials+shadopan revered.
    Takes you at most 14 days. Some of them are alot less (klaxxi is less than a week, shado pan is almost instant - longest is celestials as it requires revered lotus, then itself revered, and no questhubs are aviable for either faction with rep hubs).

You CANNOT expect to get a template character handed to you just because you want to raid in 5.2.
    In less than two weeks, you can be fully geared, and ready to tackle whatever raid is thrown at you, for less than 3 hours worth of gaming per day - 2 for dailies, 1 for randoms. Less time will be spent on dailies as you get each of them to it's required rep level, winding down to just needing ten minutes to finish off celestials by day 10 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    It's not unreasonable, since 5.2 will drop VP to JP and upgrading will also cost JP.
    I really don't see this happening

this is the best thing blizzard could do. Its back to the TBC raid style. Where the slackers was stuck on the 1st raid cuz they were lazy and the people who worked for theyr gear progressed true the raids till they hit the last one.

[QUOTE=Pilek01;19598219]this is the best thing blizzard could do. Its back to the TBC raid style. Where the slackers was stuck on the 1st raid cuz they were lazy and the people who worked for theyr gear progressed true the raids till they hit the last one.[/QUOTE

So your logic is that people who are not raiding now MUST be lazy slackers? People take breaks, are newer to the game, reroll toons, that doesn't make them lazy or "slackers". Poor logic and poor attitude is exactly the sort of attitude the lack of ilvl gets people when they try to get prepared for the next tier.

What is wrong with trying t14 content first then doing t15 raid? The more bosses to do the more fun! Your suggestion will desert all t14 raids, it will do way more harm than good. Its like throwing all 16 t14 bosses instantly into garbage even for newcomers.

Edit: TBC mode with all those attunement was extreme, just some gear requirement from previous tier can save older raids of the active expansion.
    Last edited by Marooned; 2012-12-28 at 07:25 AM.

[QUOTE=Droodeffekt;19598439]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    this is the best thing blizzard could do. Its back to the TBC raid style. Where the slackers was stuck on the 1st raid cuz they were lazy and the people who worked for theyr gear progressed true the raids till they hit the last one.[/QUOTE

So your logic is that people who are not raiding now MUST be lazy slackers? People take breaks, are newer to the game, reroll toons, that doesn't make them lazy or "slackers". Poor logic and poor attitude is exactly the sort of attitude the lack of ilvl gets people when they try to get prepared for the next tier.
    The thing is, you don't sound like you're "trying" to get prepared for the next tier at all.

My guess is that we'll be getting less dungeons and in return more scenarios. In the past the patch dungeons we got had a lot of lore tied in it. With MOP they stated scenarios will be used to tell the lore. The drop ilvl will probably increase in the next patch as well for scenarios

Deleted
    I have ilvl 490 and I havent raided at all. I got gear from Rep and LFR. You can do this too

Deleted
    We just had one of our players quit the game.
    We took old friend of ours to replace him and he had 430ilvl gear.
    Took us and him 2 resets to get him to 490 (more than enough for heroicmodes). Crafted 2 pieces for him with gbank money, he ran LFR and we boosted him trough 9 heroicmodes and rest on normal. I guess he did some 5man's too to get few pieces. If you been raiding from the start I just don't see how there would be loads of missing pieces left atleast from normalmodes that some of your old raiders would need, you can pretty much throw everything that drops to that new guy.
    So this thread is useless.

if they make reps account bound id be more inclined to play all my alts lol

You can get so many (actually really good) gear just from doing quests and getting reputation. It's not raids and dungeons anymore. If you come back to the game when 5.2 hits you're already too late. Maybe start 3-4 weeks before the patch hits and do your dailies everyday. Golden Lotus and the Klaxxi have an item for a quest when you are reverred + there is a shit load of items that you can buy for JP.

They make new heroics with better gear, and what do we get:

(Napoleon Dynamite voice)"God! Why do they make it so easy for people to catch up! They should like, do the previous raids to gear up and stuff"

So Blizz now has LFR and decides that yes, people will be expected to catch up via either LFR or clears of Normal modes or heroic modes:

(Napoleon Dynamite voice)"God! Why do they not have new heroics with gear so we can catch up if we took a break a or something? Like, so unfair!"

I don't think Blizz can win either way, lol.

BTW: What exactly is stopping your guild from working on T14 for a few weeks after you get back? Since you're just reforming, its ALSO a new tier for your entire raid team.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

To anyone who played Vanilla WoW this is nothing new and its actually a really good idea. It would be interesting if they started some new servers that didn't allow transfers until their progression caught up. There is something fun about the competition. I remember rerolling onto a new server back in vanilla and running UBRS till we could do MC and running MC until we could do BWL and opening up AQ and a lot of other fun content besides.