10+ Year Old Account

Rain of Fire Animation!

So I started playing my warlock after a year and found that i am really loving it. After watching some videos, like the destruction guide video posted on here I noticed that the rain of fire looks alot different than mine does. Mine comes down with 3 or 4 here and there until done but on that video , it looked like a some massive fire from the heavens bad to the bone fire storm. i mean it was alot. I am not sure if something was changed, if so i am sorry for not finding where it was. I looked over everything i knew to look at to try to copy that same animation but just cannot figure it out. If anyone can just infore me for what to do or if it was changed, that would be great. Thanks again

If this is the clip you are referring to he explains at the end how to make your raid of fire look like his.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxMgBXnIfVk
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks, i just didnt watch all the way through

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go to your config.wtf file in your WoW folder and at the end of it, add in this line:
    SET spellEffectLevel "10"

Then in game, type in this command:

/console spellEffectLevel 100

where 100 can be any number from 1 to 5000. I personally play at 70, the density shifts a lot depending if you have MF or not, and I find 70 to be a comfortable zone for both. Healing rain at 5000 is interesting, it's essentially a blue wall. Lags my computer far easier than multiple RoF's do.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Be careful when using this, there is currently no limit to how high you can set this number and going beyond a few thousand could potentially overload/overheat and damage your graphics card.

Also bear in mind this doesn't only apply to Rain of Fire, it works with most AOE spells as well as some other non-player effects. I find that even setting it to 20 makes some spells look ridiculous and far too dense (hurricane and death & decay are the worst).