Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    531
    You sound like you got an attitude and should probably quit playing games for awhile. Try something more calming and come back in a couple months and see if you can handle it.

    Or start over on a new server with the other faction.
    I'm gay, of course I have an attitude. Raiding and progressing calms me.. entertains me.. and fills me with joy! The lack of that has got to be part of the issue here.

    Once I deposit my paycheck I believe I will do just that, transfer and faction change.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    I agree with Jaylock. You should never feel this mad about a video game. Try to calm down first and think clearly before you take action on anything.
    I disagree. The feelings are not over a video game. It's the human interaction that happens inside the video game. The video game is just a medium. You'll see the same drama on Bowling teams, Softball teams, debate teams, you name it teams. You can't say what happens in wow is completely different than when some ass cuts you off in traffic and then gives you the bird to boot. If you just smile and wave back and continue to sing happy songs, well then you have a gift.

    Wherever (and however) there are people interacting with people, there is going to be laughter and tears and all the emotions in between
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2012-12-28 at 06:33 AM.

  3. #23
    Mechagnome LolretKJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Start a new guild?

    If you're so sure your old guild is going to explode without you, why not just start your own camp and lure people from your old guild?
    Coming from personal experience, poaching disgruntled former members is a terrible idea.
    I was in a similar situation back in Firelands where the GM brought in some buddies who were terrible. (and this was a 25 man guild, he literally replaced 12 of us with "friends")

    I wound up poaching a officer and 2 members that still had raid spots and made a 10 man guild with a friend of mine (a pro resto shaman, is in a US #7 guild currently).

    It fell apart during progression on Heroic Rag because people want to see major results when leaving a guild that they have been in for a long time.

    TL;DR Don't recruit old guild-mates that ragequit out of your old guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  4. #24
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I disagree. The feelings are not over a video game. It's the human interaction that happens inside the video game. The video game is just a medium. You'll see the same drama on Bowling teams, Softball teams, debate teams, you name it teams. You can't say what happens in wow is completely different than when some ass cuts you off in traffic and then gives you the bird to boot. If you just smile and wave back and continue to sing happy songs, well then you have a gift.
    Yes! I was the guy who bowls so many strikes and was replaced by a guy who gets gutter balls.

  5. #25
    Warchief theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If a game makes you feel and act like that, perhaps its time to try another hobby?
    I agree with this guy.
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.comyou-tube: Wocky GAMING
    Recent Video ★ Why playing an MMORPG is like dating
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    Wocky "unplugged" YouTube (Real Life)Steam Games List"


  6. #26
    Legendary! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    6,216
    I'm sure there is more to this story than that.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    I agree with Jaylock. You should never feel this mad about a video game. Try to calm down first and think clearly before you take action on anything.

    EDIT: Wow, my 3,000th post is one that is agreeing with Jaylock. Who would have thought....
    People like this annoy me. WoW, isn't a just 'a video game' to alot of people. It's a form of entertainment, a seriously time consuming investment, and something some people quite honestly look forward to getting off work enjoy.

    By this sort of assessment and "logic" if you spent 190 hours on a video game only to have your save data corrupted with no way to save it, getting upset about it means something is wrong with you, and that's bullshit I can't even begin to understand.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    The healer he got sucked terribly, obviously as I explained. Last week I threatened to leave mainly because we kept wiping on Sha of Fear due to him not keeping the tank alive. I don't like carrying the weight of other people, especially with healing. Crap is an anxiety attack waiting to happen as is. Luckily, one of our main raid members logged on and im like.. bring him in, im leaving. So today I told him he sucked at his class, and I can't carry him. 30k HPS REALLY? Doesnt the Holy mastery ALONE do 30k hps!?!?!?! Then I really got gkicked on bad terms with these people. Did this on an alt I was in guild with still.
    Good attitude makes things going. Bad attitude leads nowhere. It is strange that you couldn't foresee such outcome.

    Instead of trying to give him some friendly advice to help with situation or have polite talk with GM to find out if situation will be improving and review various factors, you went full offensive with "you suck".

    What was more harmful, underperformance of new healer (we know nothing about him - could be because he was on long break from wow, undergeared or just unfamiliar with some tricks or fight specifics), or that you said - you won't be healing raid thus leaving them with 1 healer less? There was nothing constructive about your choice in how to change situation to "the better". And you burned all bridges back to the guild. No amount of "hps/dps/tps" can cover bad attitude. One day, hopefully, you will understand that.

  9. #29
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I'm sure there is more to this story than that.
    I think that pretty much sums it up. Attitude was another thing brought up, but raiding with them since Cataclysm, there is no reason now would be the time to replace me when they had more appropriate opportunities to do so. Like I said, I have an attitude, but thats because I'm gay and all sorts of girly crap in my manly bod. I can't be 'whatever' all the time like the straight guys. YA KNOW?

    @Ferocity, I stated to the GM's on day one he began healing with me (2 GM's are healers, plus me. Usually 1 dps's and the other heals with me). I told them, he is bad, he needs to improve, otherwise I am not healing with him again. I call it as I see it, I don't do the friendly bff "hay girl, can i tell you something, i cant help but notice your hps is low".
    Last edited by Zxzas; 2012-12-28 at 06:47 AM.

  10. #30

    hmmmm

    Sounds like you got replaced for having a bad attitude i rather have a less skilled raider, then one with a horrible attitude.

    Instead of you know maybe helping the other healer out offering suggestions you seem to just out right attack him.

  11. #31
    If you were replaced by his friends then sorry, you're fucked.

    Time to move on.

  12. #32
    Legendary! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    6,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    I think that pretty much sums it up. Attitude was another thing brought up, but raiding with them since Cataclysm, there is no reason now would be the time to replace me when they had more appropriate opportunities to do so. Like I said, I have an attitude, but thats because I'm gay and all sorts of girly crap in my manly bod. I can't be 'whatever' all the time like the straight guys. YA KNOW?

    @Ferocity, I stated to the GM's on day one he began healing with me (2 GM's are healers, plus me. Usually 1 dps's and the other heals with me). I told them, he is bad, he needs to improve, otherwise I am not healing with him again. I call it as I see it, I don't do the friendly bff "hay girl, can i tell you something, i cant help but notice your hps is low".
    I'm sorry, but being gay is not an excuse to give your officers any type of attitude. If you want my advice, talk to your class officer about what happened. If you are truly a good healer as you say, you should be able to clear this up/

  13. #33
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    I am not as mad as I made it sound. But I am just annoyed at the fact I had to come into this crap part of my loser WoW life. Starting over is a byotch.
    If you cause drama in your guild the same way you did in this thread, that's probably something for a guild/raid leader to think about.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  14. #34
    Just go to sleep, then move on. Focus on something else.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.

  15. #35
    Bloodsail Admiral Ethes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (日本東京)
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    LOL, I know this sounds like super dramatic, probably because I over exaggerate things.

    I'll tell you why, 3 people left WoW. Main GM is like, I have some buddies coming over from another server. I was like (in my mind) "Great. Buddies."

    FAVORITES.
    F-A-V-O-R-I-T-E-S.

    The healer he got sucked terribly, obviously as I explained. Last week I threatened to leave mainly because we kept wiping on Sha of Fear due to him not keeping the tank alive. I don't like carrying the weight of other people, especially with healing. Crap is an anxiety attack waiting to happen as is. Luckily, one of our main raid members logged on and im like.. bring him in, im leaving. So today I told him he sucked at his class, and I can't carry him. 30k HPS REALLY? Doesnt the Holy mastery ALONE do 30k hps!?!?!?! Then I really got gkicked on bad terms with these people. Did this on an alt I was in guild with still.
    Telling your GM his friends suck balls and threatning to leave because of whipes due to underperformance of him (GM or GM's friend?) Clearly you've been telling you'd leave, telling people they suck and you're suprised that you've got the boot? I'm sorry, but with this kind of behavior you got it coming to you.

    You know, you could've tried to help these people pick up their game. Besides, if you ask me you've got your game priorities a bit wrong. At least, I play because I enjoy raiding with friends and have a laugh. Sure, I care about progression but I'd never guild quit due to a few whipes.

    As for the GM, I completely get what he did. He removed somebody from the team who was likely to be a liabilty (maybe not playstyle-wise but behavior-wise) and threatened to quit multiple times. GM had an other option and took it. Besides, I feel like the GM and you have different in-game priorities. Your GM most likely wants to have a good time with friends while killing some stuff whereas you purely seem to be wanting progression in which case I think he did you a favor by removing you as your old guild clearly didn't suit you.

    So what can you do now? Well, you've listed your options yourself already to be honest:
    - Transfer to a new realm
    - Level a new character somewhere else (if you don't wanna pay the fee)
    - Reroll onto one of your other alts on an other realm (if you have those)
    - Join an other guild on your current realm and be okay with less progression so far
    - Make your own guild
    - Quit World of Warcraft

    Lastly, it seems like you've got a serious behavior problem and I suggest you try to change it if you want to get anywhere within this game. My best suggestion is, is finding a new guild with like-minded people which you can enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbringer O'Mrogg
    Left: Me Hungry.
    Right: You're always hungry. That's why we're so fat!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    Like I said, I have an attitude, but thats because I'm gay and all sorts of girly crap in my manly bod. I can't be 'whatever' all the time like the straight guys. YA KNOW?
    No, we don't.

    And frankly no matter how good a raider is skill-wise in my 25man guild, if you bring in an attitude that disrupts our enjoyment or progression, you are out of my raid and guild. Threatening to leave because someone isn't pulling his weight, using excuses of sexual orientation to justify poor attitude? Yeah I would have such a raider replaced asap too, even with a less adept player.

    Finding a guild that accepts your attitude would probably be better stability-wise in the long run.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    K so I was just demoted in my guild and was told I wouldn't be raiding full time anymore. And I'm like.. "and why is that?" and the GM just repeated me "and why is that". So I was like, okay so you are replacing me with the crap healer you brought in last week that can only do like 30k hps whereas im double that and then some. K thanks man, bye. /gquit

    I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO NOW PEOPLE. My server is so dead, no good guilds other than the one I just left from which was #1, soon to be like, last because of the new people they brought in.

    I want to transfer, but I don't want to transfer. I don't want to spend 25 bucks... I am going to cry

    I went back and forth on the realms I have toons on, deciding what to do. I can't make up my mind. I don't want to endure the 1-90 leveling, and I don't know if I want to keep playing a monk. Ugh, I am so sad/disappointed/hate/raged right now. SUPER SALTED.
    Get the hell off your dead server. I recommend coming to KJ and just leaving it. He's not worth your time if he's that much of a jackass. If you want to come to Kiljaeden I can set you up with a guild or point you to other guilds to apply to.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    LOL, I know this sounds like super dramatic, probably because I over exaggerate things.

    Last week I threatened to leave mainly because we kept wiping on Sha of Fear due to him not keeping the tank alive. I don't like carrying the weight of other people, especially with healing. Crap is an anxiety attack waiting to happen as is. Luckily, one of our main raid members logged on and im like.. bring him in, im leaving. So today I told him he sucked at his class, and I can't carry him. 30k HPS REALLY? Doesnt the Holy mastery ALONE do 30k hps!?!?!?! Then I really got gkicked on bad terms with these people. Did this on an alt I was in guild with still.
    To be fair, it sounds you got what you deserved. You sound like a little kid that has lost his favourite toy. With an attitiude like that i can completely understand why the GM benched you for a while.

  19. #39
    Epic! Phookah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zebes, SR-21
    Posts
    1,525
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    People like this annoy me. WoW, isn't a just 'a video game' to alot of people. It's a form of entertainment, a seriously time consuming investment, and something some people quite honestly look forward to getting off work enjoy.

    By this sort of assessment and "logic" if you spent 190 hours on a video game only to have your save data corrupted with no way to save it, getting upset about it means something is wrong with you, and that's bullshit I can't even begin to understand.
    So much this. I played FF VII for upwards of 130 hours trying to make my gold chocobo to get the Knights of the Round materia, only to have my sister turn off the playstation as I was saving, corrupting the data in the process. I think I might have cried.
    "If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light"
    they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."

  20. #40
    Bloodsail Admiral rashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I'm sure there is more to this story than that.
    My thoughts too, if you do double the healing of your replacement and just got demoted i am sure there's more to it than just this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •