Poll: How do you feel about LFR/LFD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They both are useful, but they definitely effected the the realm gameplay.
    ie, people basically stay inside the cities and que (except for questing). Back in the good old days people were always riding around to get somewhere. Plus people were a lot more social because you had to find people to run dungeons with on your own server.
    But it definitely was a pain sometimes, haha, like I said, good tools.

I love the LFD and hate doing LFR. That doesn't mean that I hate the LFR itself, but I never ever want to do it again. LFR community is propably the worst of the bunch.

I like them both as they are.

I think Blizzard should put interesting things in the world to take people out of cities, not forcing them to go there like they are doing.

And if someone doesnt want to go into the world, so be it, it is because nothing in the world interest him to go there.

Taking LFD and LFR out wotn improve a single thing in the game.

I cannot understand people who love LFR, i only do them beacuse of gear upgrades. It's not challenging at all, you don't need any tactics for any boss, just go with tank and spank and ur fine. Half raid is always AFK, half raid kills them self on boring bosses .

I remember the DS lfr when i always killed myself on hagara beacuse it was so boring, later they nerfed the dmg from the ice spikes so i couldnt die anymore. Another time i lifetapped for the whole spine of deathwing fight, ended up with about 90% of the healing taken that fight, and it took healers like 2 minutes before they started to ask in raid chat why i was taking so much dmg..

edit: lol just read the OP and realiezed that my post has nothing to do with it ^^
    Last edited by actiwe; 2012-12-28 at 05:05 PM.

I enjoy doing LFR on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (US), when people who care about completing it are still running it on characters who they know how to play. I loathe Sunday and Monday LFRs.

If our raid has a bad night and gets stuck on progression, I like the ability to run the LFR for that fight a couple times before the next raid, just so I can try out different tactics and get the dance steps right. And you never know when someone's going to drop a hint that will make my next pull of this boss in real mode work better.

I don't do a lot of LFD any more, but I do enjoy the fact that it's there. I'm probably biased in its favor since I'm a tank and I enjoy my instaqueue pops and my bag-o-useless-potion.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, they're both fine the way they are.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    LFD did make it a lot easier to find a group and as such, I believe it's a good idea.

LFR is absolutely utter shit for any Heroic raider. At the beginning of the Tier, you feel obliged to run it to get the gear and if you're unlucky in your guild raids, you have to keep running LFR, just for that extra chance at your 4p bonus. It's a nightmare to enter LFR just to see retards falling through the floor on Elegon, failing at Amber Shaper and rarely do people actually do what they're supposed to do. More than half the group is always being carried by raiders who can lead them and carry them, cause don't rely on random baddies to dispell Quickening or interrupt Mending etc.

No, LFR is the worst crap ever and it's not even remotely similar to real raiding.

Love em myself. Stopped guild raiding last expansion so this gives me access to content I would normally never see anymore. Only downsides are the other healers going afk follow mode and can never kick em as the groups never stop out of combat enough to allow a vote.

LFR takes way too long for the bonus it provides. I've been in some groups that took 15 minutes to kill the first boss in terrace.

Deleted
    It's all about choices. And we have them nowadays.

If you want to raid normal modes, go ahead, Heroic/Hard modes, go ahead!

If you don't have the time/patience for it then do LFR and you might be lucky and get an item or two in the process that might give you a little boost in said normal/hard modes.

The game is extremely complete when it comes to pleasing the masses.

We have something for everyone.

Love them. Best thing to ever happen specially to altaholics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humungo View Post
    Ok, so how many people enjoy the LFD/LFR features.

I know we all HAVE to use them to gear up in any realistic amount of time.
    What is realistic? That's in my opinion a personal preference, nowhere written down as ultimate guideline... I have 2 level 90 sitting around doing basically nothing, and therefore they are geared with quest gear, since they dinged, month ago.
    It's my preference. I decide what a realistic amount is for me and my play style

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    No you don't, as proven by your follow up statement:

That's not realistic. That's ridiculously quick. 'Realistic' would be taking 2-3 weeks, perhaps more. So no, they aren't mandatory, you don't need to use them.

But that's me just arguing a point for the sake of it. To be more on topic, I love the concept of LFR and LFD. They're brilliant, useful, utterly fantastic tools that add so much to the game.

It's just a shame that the community acts like complete dickbags to each other while using them. =/
    You're just making up numbers though. For me, 2-3 months seems realistic. See?

Though I happen to agree that 2-3 days seems very fast, consider a healer (presumably this priest in question queued LFD as a healer) has a much faster queue. Could run 2-3 heroics per hour for 4-5 hrs each of 3 days. That's 15 hours or 30-40 heroics. That's a lotta gear. Not sure how you expect to nerf that.

That's not realistic. That's ridiculously quick. 'Realistic' would be taking 2-3 weeks, perhaps more. So no, they aren't mandatory, you don't need to use them.
    Nah its super easy and quick now.
    Queue for LDF and while you wait for that queue for a scenario.

Scenario Queue Pops -> Play the Scenario.
    As soon as you are finished with the scenario you will be at the front of the LFD Queue and get an invite instantly.
    Took me less than 24 hours to gear from 435 to 465.

Rinse and repeat, if your a healer or tank of course you can just spam LFD

On Topic:
    I like LFD and love LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Though I happen to agree that 2-3 days seems very fast, consider a healer (presumably this priest in question queued LFD as a healer) has a much faster queue. Could run 2-3 heroics per hour for 4-5 hrs each of 3 days. That's 15 hours or 30-40 heroics. That's a lotta gear. Not sure how you expect to nerf that.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 03:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmundo View Post
    Don't like LFR, it takes too long. Don't mind raiding for long hours but I find it really difficult to bring myself to stay in a pug for so long. Usually end up playing for half an encounter then afking while browsing for the rest. Good thing I'm dps huh?
    You should check yourself for ADD, not being able to stay concentrated for the 10 Minute an encounter takes is odd.
    Not an insult but iam seriously concerned.

I don't know what to vote.
    I know i like LFD and dislike LFR, but i don't know if there's reason to change LFR. Can't see a good way to do it at least, so i don't feel it's reasonable to change it.
    The idea works after all. Specially with the change to loot, because the 3 of us in the raid that just rolled on things we NEEDED, really hated to see the rest, mindlessly rolling need on everything they could, lowering the possible usefull loot so much :P

I think i just dislike LFR because there tend to be some noisy idiots. Both in LFD and LFR, really, but in LFD you will have a lot of runs without, while LFR without some screaming idiot is utopia.
    I finally started LFR, to gear an alt, and we had a readycheck, with 3 healers not saying ready. A tank say he wil pull in 10 seconds, and count down. Of course i say that 3 healers isn't ready, but he pulls anyway, and we wipe.
    So logically somebody could tell the tank that he should have waited a bit, but instead people start flaming the healers(including the present ones).
    Yeah. People shouldn't really afk, but you sure as hell shouldn't pull a boss with half the healers gone either.

The point was that the screaming kids went balistic, and wanted to kick half the raid. We ended up kicking a couple, after i magically managed to talk them down. Kicking the healer in dps-spec seemed like a logical thing to do. We then killed him on the next pull.
    But to listen to the way people talk, without even knowing what happened is pretty annoying.
    Make a votesystem to silence annoying/screaming/rude players for the entire raid, and next 10-20 ones if they get too many would be great. So much peace, if people would use it.
    Wouldn't mind that in dungeons either.

How many of us do really think it adds something with the, clearly, great player that says "WTF U DO TANK!! NOOB!"? It's non-constructive at best, and gives a bad precedence that they can do it every raid. If they got silenced for 10-20 consecutive raids i'm fairly sure they would learn fast.
    That's my new dream!
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

LFD, yes. I've been making 5-man groups each day since TBC, to do the heroic daily, Sethekk Halls for mount, and the Mechanar for the Sun Eater tank sword. With the LFD feature, this pain has finally lifted from my shoulder.

LFR, no. I don't like how they made the raids significaler easier. I didn't mind making my own raids back then, since you would atleast get pretty good players most of the time. They should've only given the 30% buff, while keeping the same normal difficulties.

Deleted
    For me personally, I just don't like LFR altogether.

I can see that they are attempting to get casuals in on the action as they don't play as much and thats nice but as a raider, it just kinda kills the whole instance experience for me imo. As the ilvl was better than dunegon gear 463 at the start of the expansion, we were all kind've forced to do LFR to get better gear to progress faster in the Normal version. But doing the same dungeon on LFR and then on Normal in the same week just killed the whole 'special-ness' of it for me and made it more boring faster.

Even though LFR was created for mainly casuals, I feel really bad for them. As when they finally get home from work etc and get to play, they are stuck with people calling them idiots and cursing/flaming them for no reason when they are just there to have a little bit of fun in their spare time and then theres ofcourse bots..

The system is solid. The community is not always so. But there's nothing Blizzard can do about that part.

I like LFR and LFD in that I don't have to actively recruit people to run content. Tier 14 LFR as it is right now is fine which is more than I could say for Dragon Soul's LFR. LFD I wish would finally get rid of Need Before Greed and go to a loot system similar to the old LFR system which favored queued spec for drops. This won't fix all item drop issues but I can't think of an instance where the old LFR system in LFD isn't better than NB4G.

No you don't, as proven by your follow up statement:

But that's me just arguing a point for the sake of it. To be more on topic, I love the concept of LFR and LFD. They're brilliant, useful, utterly fantastic tools that add so much to the game.

It's just a shame that the community acts like complete dickbags to each other while using them. =/
    So you have taken what I said, and said that it isn't realistic it is ridiculously quick so the damned point remains exactly the same as in your HAVE to freggin use them you would be an idiot not to. So thanks for that.

I personally again just hate the teleport aspect of it. I see blues complaining about how do we get people back into the world again when they are the ones that Stabbed it in the back and twisted the knife.

The LFR difficulty needs to be bumped up a notch. When you can ignore 90% of the mechanics and basically just stand there and treat every boss as a target dummy, it really gets boring quickly. Playing alt's is pretty boring when there is no content that can challenge them. I'd love to do normal alt runs on normal mode raids, but my guild doesnt do that, which forces me to relay on RF...which like I said is a snooze fest.

I think having an option for 10m RF's would be a good start. It'd add alot more personal responsibility and make healing more difficult.
    Last edited by Nuke1096; 2012-12-30 at 02:28 AM.

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here