Graphical issues in wow (Only occurs in wow)

I'm having this weird issue and i am unsure what could be the cause.

So far i have done these following steps (not listed in order i did them)

1. Defragged
    2. Virus/malware scans
    3. Uninstallation of unused programs
    4. Cleaning of registry
    5. Removal of addons
    6. Repair run on wow

Currently i have a Memtest running to see if it's ram but would like to see if i could get any answers, anyway here is the picture of the problem

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...112225332.jpg/

As you can see in the pictures, textures don't load compleatly and the map just cuts off.

Some other things that are affected are player textures, icons, like when i open my character screen can't see any of his armor icons.

Should note, it has only started to happen recently as in past 1-2 months.

Editing this post so much.... I also play FC3, BL2, D3 on max details without any stutter/lag/graphic issues.
    Last edited by alucardtnuoc; 2012-12-28 at 07:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try deleting WoW's wtf/cache folders. This will also reset your addon configurations and whatnot, but its possible the gaming might have a video issue with a specific configuration.

I have done that (with the removal of addons) i should have mentioned it, I will be trying a clean install if memtest comes back with no errors.

It's the same thing for me: opening map and getting a mostly black screen for a few seconds, item art not loading correctly, etc... Only occur to me when I'm in old zones; never in MoP. I'm gonna follow your topic in case you find a solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest uninstalling wow completly, you can easily download everything from your battle.net account. Do you have the newest graphic drivers installed?

Yup, i keep my computer up to date with everything, i have tried rollbacks on older drivers (removing them and installing new ones)

Really don't want to reinstall wow but if i have to, well nothing i can really do about it.

@rok, yup i get that as well, open a map it's all black and loads in chunks, after it loads i can close map and open it and it will do it again (but it will load the chunks faster) and interestingly enough, it only happens to me in wow (or at least it's the only time i have noticed)

That it only happens in WoW can indicate a driver problem or a problem with the install. What gpu do you have? Have you googled your problem to see if there are similar problems out there and if there is a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    That it only happens in WoW can indicate a driver problem or a problem with the install. What gpu do you have? Have you googled your problem to see if there are similar problems out there and if there is a fix?
    I have, but nothing stated a fix or something that could be the cause, i've also asked a couple tech savy friends. Most posts were about unsupported chipsets/gpus but that's not my problem (they have flickering issues) + this has started within the past 2 months and just has gotten progressively worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really don't want to reinstall wow but if i have to, well nothing i can really do about it.
    WoW is stupidly easy to reinstall now. Takes... 10 minutes.

Back up whatever you want, uninstall it. Download the downloader, let it sit for 5-10 minutes and you can play. The rest will handle itself whenever (overnight, while you play, etc)