Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why does the Wow community always cry about warlocks?

It seems that ever since warlocks became remotely playable way back in 1.8, they have been relentlessly cried about even when they were mediocre in PvP with numbers to prove it. This crying Peaked in TBC. Why is this?

1) Poor knowledge
    2) Poor skill
    3) Poor balance dev team

Many people let emotions control their logic so they can't express their opinions properly and thus the "crying". Unfortunately this behavior gets encouraged when people in control listen to people with irrational thoughts on how things should work.

Warlocks are the third least represented class in arena yet are getting nerfed in 5.2 -_-
    Last edited by PvPnoob; 2012-12-28 at 12:08 PM.

Warlocks are superior to mages, but GC mains a mage, so warlocks get nerfed. I kid.

Warlock CC is pretty brutal since not evey class has a way to break fear. snares and slows while annoying are easily broken out of, or can be protected against.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPnoob View Post
    Warlocks are they third least represented class in arena yet are getting nerfed in 5.2 -_-
    Aren't you the one crying now? lol

The changes seem good. They just don't understand how to or even that they have to compensate somehow.

Nothing is official either. The patch is going to be tested for more than a month. You will have plenty of time to let Blizzard know what you think Warlocks need and not. That's the reason for PTR after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Aren't you the one crying now? lol

The changes seem good. They just don't understand how to or even that they have to compensate somehow.

Nothing is official either. The patch is going to be tested for more than a month. You will have plenty of time to let Blizzard know what you think Warlocks need and not. That's the reason for PTR after all.
    Knowing Blizzard's track record, and how GC plays a mage and how he apparently holds a grudge from how Sl/SL warlocks were in TBC. The nerfs are likely to get much worse.

Knowing Blizzard's track record, and how GC plays a mage and how he apparently holds a grudge from how Sl/SL warlocks were in TBC. The nerfs are likely to get much worse.
    Apparently GC doesn't play a mage but plays a prot (or dps) warrior instead, which makes even more sense thinking about it...

I'm pretty sure he said in one of his latest tweets that he's currently maining an Unholy DK.

they cry about every class.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I have to say it's quite pathethic how every balance thread becomes a GC bash thread.

Deleted
    Warlocks are they third least represented class in arena yet are getting nerfed in 5.2 -_-
    Post like this make me believe this guy think everybody play fotm.
    "least represented=need buffS"?? Rogues allways been one of the least played class. But they dont allways needed buffS!!. And I dont want to play warlock, even if they become OP.
    I do not agree with the logic of this quote. dont use class representation an argument for buffs and nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think warlocks are cried about any more then any other class tbh, warlocks have generally just have had at least 1 decent spec for arena/pvp which means we are at least always able to do PvP at a decent level, regardless of representation.

Also I see only the thinnest of discussion angles here, with not alot to discuss without it getting into class vs class trolling and other nonsense, like mindless GC/Blizz/Community bashing, so if it does I'm closing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive always hated warlocks and rogues since i first levelled my first character and discovered CC. Warlocks can just be very annoying to fight against in my experience, though they definately arent the most over powered in pvp recently. I cant remember particularly raging against warlocks since wrath tbh.
    Id also say warriors and mages are complained about far more than warlocks.

Warlocks are the only dps class that have been pretty much consistent since TBC (early TBC they where OP but last seasons they where more equal). Most classes have their ups and downs (warriors and mages usually have only ups even though they will never admit it) but warlocks have never been particularly bad (at best just a little bit to strong).

Deleted
    I have always had the personnel opinion that its the fear people hate. Ask the general community what their top 2 most annoying CC's r in the game guarantee allot will say fear. God damn that fear. I also think as one of the least most played classes (or was previously) perhaps there is less knowledge on how to counter us as a class?

My GM hates warlocks. Like HATES them. You can't reason with him as Bonkura said. I always think, once they have played one properly then the individual will see, actually we aren't as op as players may think. I am currently gearing up my newly dinged warrior in PvP and warlocks r without a doubt some of the easier classes to take. Ofc i know being warrior i can counter fear well etc etc, but still. We certainly don't have as many tricks up our sleeves as other classes. Nowadays we seem to be relying or resilience with our bubble and unending resolve to outlast our enemies, which is Good and bad imo.

I don't think warlock whine more or less than the other classes.

"Nerf x and buff my class plxx" is the main theme in wow forums and it sometimes works so everyone does it!

I've played a lock since vanilla and locks are in a nice spot now. We have more than one option for PvP spec wich makes all the sense (never agreed with pure classes having only one spec for PvP ) and PvE wise were good dps.

My fear is that they start destroying the good work made in MOP so far, but until now were a fun class to play and we perform ok in our roles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    Post like this make me believe this guy think everybody play fotm.
    "least represented=need buffS"?? Rogues allways been one of the least played class. But they dont allways needed buffS!!. And I dont want to play warlock, even if they become OP.
    I do not agree with the logic of this quote. dont use class representation an argument for buffs and nerfs.
    No, but it's certainly an indication of something. Warlocks have generally been one of the least player classes in the game, not just arena.

That doesn't neceserily mean they're underpowered, but it is a pretty good indicator that they may not be fun, and lack of fun can certainly stem from poor / stressful pvp play, since warlocks rarely struggle on the pve front (some previous tiers often had them having to work twice as hard as other classes for the same output, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, since at least it was engaging).

Step 1: They have to make Warlocks different from Mages, so we get 'Out of the Box' skills.
    Step 2: Nobody wants to learn how to counter 'Out of the Box' skills.
    Step 3: Everyone cries nerf because learning is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Warlocks are the only dps class that have been pretty much consistent since TBC (early TBC they where OP but last seasons they where more equal). Most classes have their ups and downs (warriors and mages usually have only ups even though they will never admit it) but warlocks have never been particularly bad (at best just a little bit to strong).
    Warlocks were useless for the first 6-8 months after release. At least know what you are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randytravis View Post
    I have always had the personnel opinion that its the fear people hate.
    Agree. Although as a CC it's duration is no different to any other, and plenty of classes have special counters to it; that being sent running away from where you want to be just makes it more annoying than Poly, Hex or whatever other CC is thrown at you. Even though, probably most of those Fears don't actually put you any more in harms way than you were already, and plenty actually end up sending you completely out of it.

Low representation, and the fact we use a lot of abilities; which mean people need to learn more about our abilities just add to that.