Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if there were addons which switch glyphs/talents between each pull.. I don't need them. I just need to switch occasionally without having to /reload multiple times... this is driving me nuts.
    Q F F T !

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    MMO-champ is not a DIII site. That's why they keep it as brief as possible and only provided the link.

You're talking about the same players that bugged blizzard for 4 years to reintroduce cascading Raidtiers and progress paths through all of them?

Thought so...

Turns out: The customer really doesn't know what he wants after all
    The customer knows what they want. Its called content. Something that BLIzzard is not providing in any quality or quantity. They managed to build a small pile of content by leaving the live servers unattended for 8 months. Dragging out thigns with endless lines of dailies and gear double gated with rep and valor does not hide the real issues.

MOntly subscription based game should offer content every month. Its that easy and with 10 million subs Blizzard has no excuse to not do that. OFC other than spending most of the WOW money and dev time on Titan.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2012-12-28 at 01:39 PM.

Bring Warriors up! Nobody wants to see this Monk Sh*t.

10+ Year Old Account
    MOntly subscription based game should offer content every month. Its that easy and with 10 million subs Blizzard has no excuse to not do that.
    Ah so you're one of these deluded people that think that if they throw enough money at a problem it'll go away?

There is TONS of content in MoP.
    I don't think the bulk of the player base would be anywhere near ready for a new raid right now.
    Only 37% of the raiding population killed GARALON (10man and 25man combined).
    In case you're not up to snuff with boss names: Garalon is the 3rd boss in Heart of Fear, meaning that 63% of the rading population is at 8/16 NORMAL right now.

Hell, even my own Guild hasn't killed 25-Sha normal yet.

Ofc if you don't raid or only do "Looking For Retard" then I could understand that you are bored.
    Simple question though: How did you manage the other 6-8 years of WoW w/o access to raiding?
    Last edited by Granyala; 2012-12-28 at 02:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    The customer knows what they want. Its called content. Something that BLIzzard is not providing in any quality or quantity. They managed to build a small pile of content by leaving the live servers unattended for 8 months. Dragging out thigns with endless lines of dailies and gear double gated with rep and valor does not hide the real issues.

MOntly subscription based game should offer content every month. Its that easy and with 10 million subs Blizzard has no excuse to not do that. OFC other than spending most of the WOW money and dev time on Titan.
    Do you even realise what it takes to make a game let alone keep it updated every month? No you dont do you otherwise you would have read what you wrote and thought how stupid it sounds...

Honestly cry babies like you make me sick,thinking that just because they have money they have the time and energy to give you whiners content every day of their lives,well they dont so be greatful for what you get and be greatful you get a game to play at all!

Why did i stop playing this game O.O those song are so AMAZING :O!! ahh yeah i remember -.-' this game give me headache :/

Deleted
    Hah, amazing - frost mages are dead? Right. Maybe the poor mages are, but the ones that can actually play will still destroy most classes in the game with relative ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Do you even realise what it takes to make a game let alone keep it updated every month? No you dont do you otherwise you would have read what you wrote and thought how stupid it sounds...

Honestly cry babies like you make me sick,thinking that just because they have money they have the time and energy to give you whiners content every day of their lives,well they dont so be greatful for what you get and be greatful you get a game to play at all!
    WOW is on its last meters on so many levels now. The main reason is because the developers have not been doing their job over the last few years to improve many of the core features of the game. That includes outdated content update system that will not stand a chance against F2P games where you dont have to pay monthly subs.

BLizzard managed to keep Cata in 9 millions by giving the expansion for free towards the end. And they got mop to 10 million but thats the lowest number of any WOW expansion. At the same time players are finding out exactly what the new "content" is in MOP. Its called dailies and you dont have to look for long to see what most ppl think about it. Even big name players that played WOW for years are claiming MOP raids are some of the worst seen in any expansion. It will not hold ppl interested over the next 4-5 months until next tier is out. PPL will be leaving and playing better value games rather than doing dailies. Some might return for 5.2 but I guess most will simply remember the horror of dailies and see that 5.2 has new batch of them to gate their "content"

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, what? Content EVERY MONTH? Who asks for that? Who can consume that? Such a request is borderline insulting at best, and insane at worst. The vast majority of the player base doesn't finish all the content of a patch now, how on earth would it be feasible to do it all in a month? Hell...you can't even develop and code content in that time and make it worth while. Basically what I'm saying is that you're wrong on every count, and you should probably step back a bit.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    I'm sorry, what? Content EVERY MONTH? Who asks for that? Who can consume that? Such a request is borderline insulting at best, and insane at worst. The vast majority of the player base doesn't finish all the content of a patch now, how on earth would it be feasible to do it all in a month? Hell...you can't even develop and code content in that time and make it worth while. Basically what I'm saying is that you're wrong on every count, and you should probably step back a bit.
    Not talking about 13 boss raid tier every month. Neither am I talking about adding new stuff to every aspect of the game every month. 1 fresh dungeon for 5 man content - new world boss and so on. Thats something that really would keep ppl coming back every month. The current format does not work. I think DS for 8 months just goes to show that. It was the first content with lfr - and now we are getting the second tier with that. It gives ppl the feeling they have done all the raid content and they will unsub cause waiting in LFR Qs and doing dailies with alts does not sound very interesting to most.

The idea behind more content more frequent sounds good. BLizzard needs to get that feeling back that monthly sub is actually offering fresh content for that month. RIght now all expect 8 months of nothingness in between content patches. Great way to pay 2 months per year for the game as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Blizzard you chickens!!!!!!!!

On a less pervy side note: The Monk Tiers are right up there with some of the best stuff Blizz has done (imho)
    Last edited by Balir; 2012-12-28 at 06:22 PM.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, what? Content EVERY MONTH? Who asks for that? Who can consume that?
    Unemployed people? :<

It's funny how Duster505 did not manage to answer my last post with statistics about why it would be a bad idea to release 5.2 right now, even if it would be already finished.
    As there is only a finite amount of content that can be created per month, there is also a finite amount of content the NORMAL player can consume. (Hardcores pretty much gobble everything right up, but guess what: they are NOT the bulk of the player base)

Syncing up the development and consumption rates is where the optimum lies, and blizzard closely monitors this. Ofc, like in any REAL WORLD working environment, stupid stuff happens that delays releases. I don't think Blizzard really wanted a 12 months ICC or a 8 months DS. But stuff happened that forced them to delay. Hell Sunwell plateau was implemented because Wrath got delayed.

Contrary to popular belief Blizzard is not out there to see how long they can torture people.

Did devs take into consideration how cost prohibitive upgrading is? its next to impossible to fully upgrade your BiS slots.
    One can argue maybe the game was better when everyone didn't have the expectation of BiS in every slot... (Source)
    Possibly Mr. Street's finest tweet in the history of ever since it looks like a watershed moment that he's finally acknowledged they created this monster when they stripped gating from raids, handed out gear through massive nerfs, handing out legendaries like candy and started playing the game "everyone's a winner". Good luck trying to put the #$!& back in the horse since WoW is now widely regarded as the least challenging of any MMO out there.

People will make the demands of BIS because that's the carrot you put in this game after years of people looking at top end raider's gear and whining they never get to see the different raid tiers, subs will drop again, they'll cave, and everyone will get what they want because we just can't have a million whiners leave. Sucks because I like this title and I don't want to have to invest my time in another title atm.

The customer knows what they want.
    "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." — Henry Ford.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

WOW is on its last meters on so many levels now.
    You're funny.
    Educate the community: X-Perl is dead. Stop using it!

Unemployed people? :<

It's funny how Duster505 did not manage to answer my last post with statistics about why it would be a bad idea to release 5.2 right now, even if it would be already finished.
    As there is only a finite amount of content that can be created per month, there is also a finite amount of content the NORMAL player can consume. (Hardcores pretty much gobble everything right up, but guess what: they are NOT the bulk of the player base)

Syncing up the development and consumption rates is where the optimum lies, and blizzard closely monitors this. Ofc, like in any REAL WORLD working environment, stupid stuff happens that delays releases. I don't think Blizzard really wanted a 12 months ICC or a 8 months DS. But stuff happened that forced them to delay. Hell Sunwell plateau was implemented because Wrath got delayed.

Contrary to popular belief Blizzard is not out there to see how long they can torture people.
    I did not answer your last post cause it was not worth answering. Even if PTR comes up for 5.2 today everyone knows that the raid content will not be coming anytime soon - simply because its not close to ready. PTR coming up is just PR from Blizz and probably mainly focused on getting better PVP balance tested.

It does not matter why ppl were stuck with ICC for 12 months and DS for 8. They failed to deliver content with regular intervals like ppl expected. Like subscribers expect.

And just so you know - I work full time job and have a family to feed. Thats why I expect a computer game that I pay monthly subscription for to actually allow me to play the game when I come online for the little spare time I have. I have finished the normal raiding tier pretty easily with 3 raiding days per week. I have seen more of the "content" than most of the unemployed nubs have. But I will not waste 1 min more of my spare time while the developers leave the game in its current state of horrible managment including hour long LFRs Qs because they failed to support a strong trinity based gameplay. Instead they went full out DPS support in scenarios and daily quests and Brawlers guild. Alts might be getting past the first hurdle of rep grinds - but 1 hour of LFR Qs will force most ppl out next few weeks and months.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2012-12-28 at 07:47 PM.

I take it there's no news on what the set bonuses are?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    but 1 hour of LFR Qs will force most ppl out next few weeks and months.
    Doubtful.
    People may bitch and moan, like you do, but most won't quit for good.
    This may come as a newsflash to you, but many people don't play / subscribe continuously. They do what they want after a patch release, and when they're done they unsub till the next patch.
    Blizzard stated themselves that subscription numbers aren't as static as most people believe.

Just out of curiosity: If you're a raider, why do you care about stuff like Brawlers guild, Scenarios and LFR-Queues? It's not exactly your type of content anyway.
    If you finished normal raiding easily, the next logical step would be heroic raiding.
    I just want to know why you bitch so much about WoW being "mean" to tanks and healers, when it's actually the most accommodating MMO out there. oO

Scenario as a healer: No probs, let your guild mates go crazy.
    Daily questing as healer: No probs, let your group-mate play "all you can add". Most quest drops are shared now, so it doesn't even take longer to "farm 6 bracelets". (Don't try to bullshit me here, I'm doing these quests with a tank friend every day and it is way faster than doing them alone as a cloth dps)

Brawlers guild is the only thing you really can't do as a non-DPS, but imho the fact of queuing for a battle and having people watch what you do is not very appealing anyway.
    Besides: If I understand it right, it doesn't award anything but achievements.

Doubtful.
    People may bitch and moan, like you do, but most won't quit for good.
    This may come as a newsflash to you, but many people don't play / subscribe continuously. They do what they want after a patch release, and when they're done they unsub till the next patch.
    Blizzard stated themselves that subscription numbers aren't as static as most people believe.

Just out of curiosity: If you're a raider, why do you care about stuff like Brawlers guild, Scenarios and LFR-Queues? It's not exactly your type of content anyway.
    If you finished normal raiding easily, the next logical step would be heroic raiding.
    I just want to know why you bitch so much about WoW being "mean" to tanks and healers, when it's actually the most accommodating MMO out there. oO

Scenario as a healer: No probs, let your guild mates go crazy.
    Daily questing as healer: No probs, let your group-mate play "all you can add". Most quest drops are shared now, so it doesn't even take longer to "farm 6 bracelets". (Don't try to bullshit me here, I'm doing these quests with a tank friend every day and it is way faster than doing them alone as a cloth dps)

Brawlers guild is the only thing you really can't do as a non-DPS, but imho the fact of queuing for a battle and having people watch what you do is not very appealing anyway.
    Besides: If I understand it right, it doesn't award anything but achievements.
    WOW is trying to counter GW2 with supporting DPS to the top this expansion. Other roles in the game are suffering and it leads to less balance overall in the game. . Alot of guilds are struggling big time to fill needed roles. As for me - My guild lost 4 players in the last 2 weeks to RIFT. 3 healers and main tank. More ppl are leaving and we no longer even bother to do raids. And my guild is not the only one. Its happening all over the game.

As for why I feel MOP is unfriendly to Tanks, healers and multi-role characters? It is. Dailies are created to be most efficient for DPS - scenarios were added to shorten the LFD Qs. And MOP launched with least amount of 5 man trinity dungeons ever. But now... few months into the game - LFR Qs have grown endless cause of all of the DPS focus. And even worse... because of the role loot system where the few tanks and healers that are left are actually Qing up as DPS to get gear for Dailies and Brawlers Guild.

If you do the math - you can easily find out how bad the valor upgrade system will be for players that are playing 2 roles equally. Those players will always be on avarage about 20 item lvls lower in both roles. Thats why many are now going RIFT because of strong support for multiroles.

As for Brawlers guild... it not a question about what it offers... its a question about locking ppl out of PVE content in the game based on role you play. It was the last straw for alot of players cause it showed how Blizzard had put zero thought into balancing the core of the game. And the core of WOW is and has always been based on roles. They lost it now - and it can be very hard to get ppl back. Specially tanks and healers that are good enough to bother with top end content.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2012-12-29 at 12:27 AM.

"One can argue maybe the game was better when everyone didn't have the expectation of BiS in every slot..."

When was this? Vanilla? I've gone after BiS every expansion after that and have even gotten it in the last 2. I really want to find it now, but in the past I have definitely seen blue posts about class balance that say they use end raiding gear to make those balancing decisions. This especially hurts classes that gear helps more than others that find themselves at the bottom of damage or healing until they finally get that full tier set and can be on equal footing. A lot of blue posts in the last year or so have been similar to this. They seem like they are just little bandaids to cover up the big problems, and even then they feel like they get REALLY defensive about it. This and a lot of other blue tweets and posts have just angered me and I'll stop now before I get too riled up again!