The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Astro A40 2013 headset opinion

Got a friend of mine looking for a new headset and he asked me about the recent Astro A40 2013 headset. I've never owned a pair of Astros, but I have read here and there they are pretty decent, but they seem rather pricey, mic isn't great, but one major negative I keep finding is that the general consensus on their customer support is total crap to non existent. Anyone own a pair of these newer 2013 A40s have opinions on them?

Ive had a40s since 2008. Around 2010(out of warranty) right headphone stopped working, I emailed astro to see what can be done and their decision was to give me free replacement.
    As far as the headphones go, they are very comfortable, light and i never had any issues with detachable mic. Biggest plus is that they cover my whole ear. I also bought the amplifier but never felt the need to use it.

A40's are massively overpriced unless you need the feature of being able to plug it into PC and consoles.

Sound quality itself is on par with $100-150 proper headphones from audiophile brands such as AKG, Audio-Technica, Beyerdynamic, Shure & Sennheiser.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2012-12-28 at 10:44 AM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.