Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Playing SV in PvE and MM in PvP just fine. BM is for scrubs.
    BM hunters doing more damage in PvE if not played by scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yavania View Post
    BM hunters doing more damage in PvE if not played by scrubs.
    Only on pure single target fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Only on pure single target fights.
    Wrong.
    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/The_S...14/30/default/
    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Garal...14/30/default/
    Real close on Elegon/WotE/Sha of Fear as well.
    None of these are strictly single target.

Derrrrr I hope a spec I don't like gets nerfed to the ground.

I'm not saying every thread has to be serious, but I certainly hope yours isn't, because that alone is enough to have your opinions dismissed as just "buff me nerf them". Stay miserable while I continue to be good with specs I like to play rather than choose specs that are good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Wrong.
    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/The_S...14/30/default/
    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Garal...14/30/default/
    Real close on Elegon/WotE/Sha of Fear as well.
    None of these are strictly single target.
    this is true.

SV is only better on AoE heavy fights if both specs played properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    AS someone has said before, i also play about half the fights as BM and half as SV, they both shine where the other fails imo but the difference between them is not warranted unless your in a top 1000 guild

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyubbi View Post
    AS someone has said before, i also play about half the fights as BM and half as SV, they both shine where the other fails imo but the difference between them is not warranted unless your in a top 1000 guild
    im not in 1000 top guild and we expect our members to be at their best to progress as far as possible.

Deleted
    Look dude:

MV:
    Stone Guards - SV > BM
    Feng - SV > BM
    Garajal - If u say out BM, if u go in SV.
    Kings - BM > SV
    Elegon - SV > BM
    Will of Emperor SV > BM

HoF
    Vizir - BM > SV
    Blade Lord - BM > SV
    Garalon - BM > SV
    Windlord - SV > BM
    Amber - SV > BM
    Empress - BM > SV

ToES
    Protectors - SV > BM
    Tsulong - SV > BM
    Lei Shit - BM > SV
    Sha of Fear - BM > SV

U should L2P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abunee View Post
    Look dude:

MV:
    Stone Guards - SV > BM
    Feng - SV > BM
    Kings - BM > SV
    Elegon - SV > BM
    Will of Emperor SV > BM

HoF
    Vizir - BM > SV
    Blade Lord - BM > SV
    Garalon - BM > SV
    Windlord - SV > BM
    Amber - SV > BM
    Empress - BM > SV

ToES
    Protectors - SV > BM
    Tsulong - SV > BM
    Lei Shit - BM > SV
    Sha of Fear - BM > SV

U should L2P
    What? You spew out a list of what spec YOU think that is best for each fight (you've got some wrong, read below), where some fights are on normal and others on HC (?, I can only assume. But picking BM for Sha of Fear HC wouldn't be a very smart move, so can only assume you mean normal, at least for that fight), and then you tell me to L2P. Where the hell is the context? Who are you even responding to? Me (so I assume)? Which one of my posts? The original, or my most recent?
    -
    I'll quote a post of mine from another thread. This information is taken directly from Raidbots. Obviously, these aren't set in stone, and depending on your raid group's setup/tactics, they may change quite a bit.
    I'm surprised you don't go SV for more than that to be honest. On the following fights Raidbots reports that SV is ahead (10H, All Parses):

Mel'jarak
    Amber-Shaper
    Grand Empress
    Stone Guard
    Elegon
    Will of the Emperor
    Sha of Fear
    Tsulong
    Protectors

And on these the difference is very minimal (though BM is still ahead):

Zor'lok
    Garalon
    Feng
    (Rest are dominated by BM, obviously).
    Last edited by mmocec95b0aeea; 2012-12-29 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    I dont play BM at all. Only in PvP because of the faceroll rape.

Buff Surv and MM. Keep BM as it is

SV is quite equal to BM, and finally BM had it's chance to shine. We've been bad, or at least considered to be bad for quite a few years now. It's a few months and you already cry?

I remember doing a dungeon in Cata, someone called me a noob for being a spec I love - BM. Now I'm considered to be a FOTMer... /sigh
    Just let us be. Next expansion, maybe, but I don't want IMO the crap specs (Surv and MM) to become top again. Horrible specs...:I

Deleted
    its all personal preference and it will change later the expansion it always does.

Quote Originally Posted by Abunee View Post
    Look dude:

MV:
    Stone Guards - SV > BM
    Feng - SV > BM
    Kings - BM > SV
    Elegon - SV > BM
    Will of Emperor SV > BM

HoF
    Vizir - BM > SV
    Blade Lord - BM > SV
    Garalon - BM > SV
    Windlord - SV > BM
    Amber - SV > BM
    Empress - BM > SV

ToES
    Protectors - SV > BM
    Tsulong - SV > BM
    Lei Shit - BM > SV
    Sha of Fear - BM > SV

U should L2P
    H empress as SV is definitely better than BM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

in mind, I am loving the different play style. I spent so much time playing as SV in Cataclysm and of all the specs, SV is my least favorite. I'd go so far as to say that I loath playing SV, but I do it anyway. I like that Blizzard has brought BM to the top of the Hunter charts. If BM was still sitting at the bottom of the hunter chart, I would have never picked up the spec and discovered how fun the spec could be.If I want to DD competitively, I am forever swapping specs around and I find this fun. It forces me out of my comfort zone and makes me actively seek out new tips and tricks. I would like BM to stay at the top of the charts for a little while longer. SV and MM had their day in Cataclysm. BM deserves to have a little bit of the light, for just a little bit longer. SV is already creeping in on that on several fights. ;-;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailurus View Post
    in mind, I am loving the different play style. I spent so much time playing as SV in Cataclysm and of all the specs, SV is my least favorite. I'd go so far as to say that I loath playing SV, but I do it anyway. I like that Blizzard has brought BM to the top of the Hunter charts. If BM was still sitting at the bottom of the hunter chart, I would have never picked up the spec and discovered how fun the spec could be.If I want to DD competitively, I am forever swapping specs around and I find this fun. It forces me out of my comfort zone and makes me actively seek out new tips and tricks. I would like BM to stay at the top of the charts for a little while longer. SV and MM had their day in Cataclysm. BM deserves to have a little bit of the light, for just a little bit longer. SV is already creeping in on that on several fights. ;-;
    I think some people don't like how different BM is and what you have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Yavania View Post
    I think some people don't like how different BM is and what you have to do.
    Those people aren't required to play BM then. If they want to use the argument that they are forced to play the spec that is arguably better on the damage meter, then they should spend less time fighting Blizzard on Blizzards decision to beef up one spec over another, and spend more time learning to better themselves in their preferred spec and nobody is forcing anyone to play anything. I do agree that MM is in a terrible spot and could do with some beefing up, but the other two specs are quite fine. They each have their own fights where they outshine the other.

I don't see much of a difference between the 3 specs. The 3 specs each have their signature feel, but for the most part... it's all the same. Just different buttons. Some use more, some use less, some require more skill, others require less skill. Of all the specs, BM seems to be the easiest spec to play... If someone wants to tell me that they don't like playing BM because of how easy it is then I am inclined to believe that said person is full of it. If I have learned anything while playing this game, it is that competitive players like to make it to the top of the charts as quick as they can and with the least amount of effort. If someone doesn't want to play the spec because they've been a certain spec for so long, then they shouldn't knock it down before they've given it a chance of their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love BM, and have since I started playing when Vanilla came out. It is always on the bottom at the end of every expansion, but I've never changed off of it unless we've absolutely needed the best DPS on a fight. I play better as BM than other specs, and any scrub can play any spec, but they won't be able to maximize it. BM isn't for scrubs, just like SV and MM aren't either.

BM doesn't need a nerf, MM needs a buff.

Deleted
    Hunters were at the bottom but only in 5.0, that 5% buff on aspect & 100% buff to SS base damage pushed us bit up, to balanced mid-pack spot.
    And I think SV starts to catch up with BM at higher gear levels, esp with 4-piece bonus which is really good for SV - tested it out, I hardly ever got less than 2 procs per black arrow duration. That's a lot of focus free GCD's with your signature shot. Also any fight with lots of adds that survive long enough / AOEy fight like Windlord is dominated by SV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Hunters were at the bottom but only in 5.0, that 5% buff on aspect & 100% buff to SS base damage pushed us bit up, to balanced mid-pack spot.
    And I think SV starts to catch up with BM at higher gear levels, esp with 4-piece bonus which is really good for SV - tested it out, I hardly ever got less than 2 procs per black arrow duration. That's a lot of focus free GCD's with your signature shot. Also any fight with lots of adds that survive long enough / AOEy fight like Windlord is dominated by SV.
    yeah this is good but bm is still stronger on single target.

This is the first time since TBC that BM has been good again, but i agree that its not a fun pvp spec.