Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
    How on earth can you get scammed in WoW?
    Back in the day it was possible, for example, to announce a certain item on trade and when a buyer was found, instead of a direct trade the seller would pick any vendor gray item, wrap it on a gift box and COD to the seller. The seller would open the mail (and pay the COD) and when opening the gift, the item he wanted was not inside.

Was quite a common scam in Vanilla but no idea if wrapping items on gifts is still possible currently

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    did you buy all this gold?
    people with this much gold tend to know about such risks
    Didn't but the gold, Just making money with buying low and selling high + dailies, have had 100k+ laying around since 4.2 when flasks on my server blasted through the roof and earned me 10k a week for a couple of weeks.

Never bought a spectral tiger though, It's my goal of the gold game (if that makes sense) and the only reason i started maknig gold to begin with.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 11:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Unalorian View Post
    Back in the day it was possible, for example, to announce a certain item on trade and when a buyer was found, instead of a direct trade the seller would pick any vendor gray item, wrap it on a gift box and COD to the seller. The seller would open the mail (and pay the COD) and when opening the gift, the item he wanted was not inside.

Was quite a common scam in Vanilla but no idea if wrapping items on gifts is still possible currently
    I'm pretty sure there are a lot of restrictions on wrapping items, but you can still put a blacksmithing hammer in it, and stuff like that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    Didn't but the gold, Just making money with buying low and selling high + dailies, have had 100k+ laying around since 4.2 when flasks on my server blasted through the roof and earned me 10k a week for a couple of weeks.

Never bought a spectral tiger though, It's my goal of the gold game (if that makes sense) and the only reason i started maknig gold to begin with.
    When you finish remaking all that gold, remember, just buy the item in-game, don't break the TOS trying to buy a code.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Well, there's a good chance you won't get your stuff back because what you did breaks the ToS.
    I thought it was only against ToS to buy stuff from the blizzard store, not codes from TCG mounts

fuck.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    When you finish remaking all that gold, remember, just buy the item in-game, don't break the TOS trying to buy a code.
    I will. thank you

I thought it was only against ToS to buy stuff from the blizzard store, not codes from TCG mounts

fuck.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 11:08 AM ----------

I will. thank you
    You're not allowed to buy ANY real world thing for in-game gold, regardless of whether or not it's WoW related.

"Accordingly, you may not sell in-game items or currency for “real” money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Game. "
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."

Deleted
    Meh.

still hoping, will come back and tell you wether or not blizzard helped me out when i got an answer to the ticket

going afk for some time now though, thanks for responding

10+ Year Old Account
    It's impossible to sympathize with you in this situation. The mount is BoE, why exactly did you hit the "Trade" button if the mount was not on the table, so to speak?

Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    It's impossible to sympathize with you in this situation. The mount is BoE, why exactly did you hit the "Trade" button if the mount was not on the table, so to speak?
    It's not impossible, but it is difficult. Ignorance is no fault of the beholder.

You traded someone 100k and a tabard for an item they could use the code and redeam to get and then trade you in game? This is 100% your fault you will get no sympathy from me life is a harsh world and you learned a lesson from this i hope.

Deleted
    Honestly i never meant to ask for sympathy, i was asking for help.

thank you guys, the GM did reimburse my gold and tabard, told me they usually wouldn't but he was talking with a "senior" and he let him do it. ))))))

im a wee bit confused broloth cause it looks like you said you cannot sell tcg codes or items etc a mount for in game gold which is funny because blizzard have stated themselves you could for examp go to the blizz store and purchase a guardian cub then put it on ah just like u can redeem any tcg mount or pet to b sold for in game gold the tcg mount sales have been around since vanilla but since mop and the new pet battle system u can now cage and sell all tcg pets as well all for in game gold
    Soon i shall awaken, soon i will be unleashed, soon our prophet will do what he know's he must and let me loose upon those who would dare call themselves my people's enemy's................my rise will bring fear to the heart of many the vengence of the draenei is coming those from draenor and beyond have not forgotten and we will show no mercy DEATH TO THE HORDE!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way to track him down by his account wide accomplishments/achievements, so i can report his main to blizzard while i'm trying to get back the gold he scammed me for?
    Open a ticket, the GM can backtrack any transactions you've made, and see which account / ip the character belongs to.., that being said, the outcome is dependant on what was agreed upon between the two of you.

I was in such situation once. I got my items and the guy got a 72 hours ban. Contact blizzard - they will help you.
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)

Deleted
    I got it all back =)

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got it all back =)
    Not a surprise; Every single thing you do has a log in it including your chats haha