Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

remove upgrade system

this system is not good its just a way to "upgrade" your armor nothing more its just a way to keep ppl busy on the few hc's.
    example : ive obtained the unyielding bloodplate and no use for VP or JP so i think il upgrade it.
    when i come there i found out i need to pay 750 vp for the ilvl increase and the stats that change is armor 4 armor it wanted to kill that npc on the spot
    if this is intended just to cost valor and let us farm hc's for it blizz can keep their "upgrade" option

if this is not working as intended ignore thi thread.

kind regards

Well I read somewhere that now that we can upgrade our items, nerfs are not needed for raids, as they will get easier as people upgrade their gear.
    Personally I don't dislike this feature.

The feature would work exponentially better if the "cap" on Valor Points was affected by rollover from the previous week. Example:

Week 1: The "cap" would be 1000, but let's assume you only earn 750/1000. This would rollover week-by-week.
    Week 2: The "cap" would be 1250, because you missed out on 250 the previous week. If you only got 750/1250 it would again rollover.
    Week 3: The "cap" would be 1500, because you again missed out on 500 the previous week.

Deleted
    Keep upgrade system.

This system is good. Its a way to upgrade your armor. Its a way to keep ppl busy on the hc's.

Kind Regards

There, i fixed your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    The feature would work exponentially better if the "cap" on Valor Points was affected by rollover from the previous week. Example:

Week 1: The "cap" would be 1000, but let's assume you only earn 750/1000. This would rollover week-by-week.
    Week 2: The "cap" would be 1250, because you missed out on 250 the previous week. If you only got 750/1250 it would again rollover.
    Week 3: The "cap" would be 1500, because you again missed out on 500 the previous week.
    VP gain is so slow that I doubt this roll-over system would be useful for most players.
    It sounds great but the usefulness is something I have my concerns about. I think we should get more vp, like in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post

I'd end up with like 300/6700 at the end of the week. >.>;

OT: At first look the upgrade system is fine. If you look at it from a gearing and item level jump PoV, it's terrible. Just like LFR.

By item level jump I mean from freshly dinged level 90 to a end-of-current-tier raider. I know Blizzard wants to re-create this 'divide' and not put new dungeons in (think HoT HCs boosting you to 378 for LFR) as well, this means people who level later in the tier (alts, newer players) will have a huge problem getting gear to catch up if it's a big gap. Having the ability to upgrade item level on gear, and get higher item level gear from LFR means an extra tiers worth of item level for every actual tier. Instead of, for example, 463 to 476, we had to go 463 to 489. With upgrades that would be 497(?). When you look at that later in the expansion that will be a huge gap, depending on how many tiers or double tiers (489/496 like this tier) with a 2+ tier gap between each tier. So, 463 to 509 (516 with Elite). 53 item levels for one tier, add two or three more tiers? 569 in T16, 622 in T17?

They should make LFR the same item level as the previous tier, in our live version LFR should drop 463 gear. Blizzard say they don't want to use LFR to gear people up, but for people to see content, then why does it give MUCH better gear? If they made it 463 maybe always giving extra VP per boss or gold or JP, anything. It would be better.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-12-28 at 11:15 AM.

Well, instead of looking at it like 750 valor = 4 ilvl, think of it like 1500 valor = 8 ilvl. Now it's not so bad

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont like it. It annoys me that most of my tooltips have 0/2.
    I wouldnt mind so much if they reduced the cost or let you upgrade with JP or something, but then i guess raiders would feel "forced" into grinding hcs.

@above

there is LFR ToT coming in 5.2 that will drop 496 lvl gear.

Upgrade system is one of the best things to happen to this game in a long time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well you said it yourself...the upgrade is minute...4 item levels. If you don't want to do it then just don't. It's not going to make or break your raid.

I do think that using the upgrade system as a justification for not nerfing raids is kind of silly though...I mean...even if your entire raid is upgrading every week, which they're not, those 4 item levels on every person isn't going to have as much as an impact as the old blanket raid nerfs/player buffs they used to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syldarin View Post
    Keep upgrade system.

This system is good. Its a way to upgrade your armor. Its a way to keep ppl busy on the hc's.

Kind Regards

There, i fixed your post.

no the problem is you spend 750 vp and get 4 armor stat increase and ilvl thats nothing you cant even call that an upgrade on rings and trinkets it works some better but still the word upgrade is ...... call is spend VP

I have to admit, I don't really understand the upgrade system and the point of it yet. Perhaps because I'm out of the gearing cycle in MoP anyways. My ilv is 472 or something right now. I'm not even getting close to capping my weekly valor, and so far I've been a victim of legendary bad luck in LFR on top of that. I got 3 items or something out of LFR in all this time - WITH charms.

I basically don't progress in terms of gear any more. They kind of screwed that up pretty much - I don't really understand what's the point of the atrociosly small amount of awarded valor through dungeons this time around. The cap doesn't exactly help either. But anyways, since I'm not really obtaining any gear in a reasonable manner, I don't really understand how the upgrade feature should/is supposed to be used.

Is this for people who already got all valor gear and don't have anything else to spend it on? When or why should I upgrade a piece of gear? Won't I be replacing it with some other item from the next raid or something anyway? Should I only upgrade the pieces of gear with the highest item level that's available for me?

Only problem I have with the upgrade system is that it costs so much valor. I wish they either increase the amount valor you can hold, or lower the amount each upgrade takes. Having to upgrade non BiS items because you hit the 3k valor cap sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    this system is not good its just a way to "upgrade" your armor nothing more its just a way to keep ppl busy on the few hc's.
    example : ive obtained the unyielding bloodplate and no use for VP or JP so i think il upgrade it.
    when i come there i found out i need to pay 750 vp for the ilvl increase and the stats that change is armor 4 armor it wanted to kill that npc on the spot
    if this is intended just to cost valor and let us farm hc's for it blizz can keep their "upgrade" option

if this is not working as intended ignore thi thread.

kind regards
    The 4 armor is most likely a addon bugging up, so it just shows that, and not all the stats it changes.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    I dont like it. It annoys me that most of my tooltips have 0/2.
    I wouldnt mind so much if they reduced the cost or let you upgrade with JP or something, but then i guess raiders would feel "forced" into grinding hcs.
    Ghostcrawler: "The upgrade system is completely optional - you aren't required to use it in order to raid. It's simply a tool to help smooth out the rate of acquiring gear upgrades."

[This is not an actual GC quote.]
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

TBH OP, I don't agree with you at all.

Lemme put it this way: let's say you start to encounter a dry spell for gear. LFR won't drop you any upgrades, you've bought every single possible VP item that would be an upgrade, and you have all possible crafted gear. But every time you raid, gear for you won't drop or you lose. Also, you've become fully VP capped, having nothing else to buy (Let's assume your off spec is in the same situation).

Now what this mans is that, having no means to upgrade your gear, the dry spell renders you unable to power up or progress your gear. You have to essentially pray that you get lucky, as you've (in this example) exhaused all other avenues.

Now into this example, we insert the upgrade system. Why would you NOT be happy you cna convert the (otherwise useless) VP into something that actually means you still know that, even with bad luck, you can still progress your gear.

and if it turns out a new boss has been causing 1% or 2% wipes, that tiny upgrade (especially if all your raid team take advantage of the system) could be what gives you that 1% boost to kill that boss (and in turn give you more chances for gear).

If you're only gripe is "I can't possible upgrade every slot, so it must be stupid"...well, no. Unless you're super lucky, you most likely won't ever get every piece of gear you'd like while a tier is active either. This is no different.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    My problem with this system is if you don't acquire upgrades, by the time the next tier comes out your entire raid group is going to be 8 item levels lower than they would be otherwise, which can make a huge difference, obviously the new raid will drop higher item level gear, but unless you can replace an entire non upgraded raid set in the first normal lockout, then this is going to be the standard for any serious progression guild. Just another commitment like dailies intended to keep you logging on each day up until the next patch is released.

what they should've done is this:

- make all items upgradable only once(16 ilevels, instead twice 8), but make it cost 250 lesser charms of good fortune, now that would've been really good.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    what they should've done is this:

- make all items upgradable only once(16 ilevels, instead twice 8), but make it cost 250 lesser charms of good fortune, now that would've been really good.
    I would be _so_ happy to only be able to upgrade through more dailies.
    Fuck no :P
    Valor is something you have several ways to get, while you only get the charms from dailies, and i would most likely make a rageging QQ-thread if it happened along the lines "OMGWTF!" :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away