Any Chance Int is still> Mas

Ok, so I was still gemming int until my ILvl got high enough, then i switched to pure mastery gemming......I lost about 4k dps....so, i switched to pure Int gemming and am doing great...whats the deal ??

I don't get it...with mas gems i was about 69 mast

now i'm at 61 mas, but doing better deeps

I've kept the 4717 plateau for both builds

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ender/advanced

4k simmed DPS, or 4k encounter?

Because your actual DPS will vary by WAY more than 4k every attempt just based on RNG, and how you play, etc.

I'll sim your char, back in abit

right on, it was 4k loss standing still on target dummy to 10 mill

tbh i didn't try the pure mas gem on encounters becuase i was so shocked by the dps loss on the target dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    right on, it was 4k loss standing still on target dummy to 10 mill

tbh i didn't try the pure mas gem on encounters becuase i was so shocked by the dps loss on the target dummy
    You are probably on the edge of where mastery becomes better than int, in maybe 1 or 2 better items, mastery will scale better.

edit: simmed for single target fight and got this:

mastery: 2,16
    int: 4.07

now the thing is if u re-gem all mastery now, and sim again int could scale better, so just wait for 1-2 better items and go mastery gems
    Last edited by actiwe; 2012-12-28 at 10:52 AM.

Are you playing properly? Sometimes weights can get screwed up if you don't. For instance, not properly snapshotting or using MG will actually reduce your mastery (which depends on both strong dots and good MG usage) weight.

[edit] the difference between 2x mastery and int gems at most gear levels will NEVER be 4k, at most maybe 1-2k

Deleted
    Int is always > Mast, the question is : is Int > 2 Mast ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Int is always > Mast, the question is : is Int > 2 Mast ?

right, thats what im wondering, b/c if you check out my logs, eventhough my gear score is low, i'm still in the top 90% for most fights and rank in top 200 for a few as well, I'm starting to think 80>160 mast...but, i would like to get past ilvl 490 to know fer sure

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    right, thats what im wondering, b/c if you check out my logs, eventhough my gear score is low, i'm still in the top 90% for most fights and rank in top 200 for a few as well, I'm starting to think 80>160 mast...but, i would like to get past ilvl 490 to know fer sure
    Sim yourself. Armory would also help. And were you buffed or not buffed for some dummies? (swapping gems would NEVER make a 4k difference, but losing/gaining buffs can).

Deleted
    Well, what I'm about to say might get you nowhere closer to an answer but;
    For me when playing Affliction I went full mastery (gemmed so I still recieve all my socket bonuses) at about 492-493 iLvL and it did indeed increase my DPS by quite alot, however, I do not have any proof of this unless I dig up my tries in WorldOfLogs. With gemming for full mastery it seems to me it becomes quite more important to use MG very effectively.

But then again, I was never a great affliction warlock or a great warlock for that matter.
    If you wanna dig me up on WorldOfLogs you can do so by searching for Lemie, in the guild Conclave on the EU server Silvermoon.
    I know for sure I did not go for full mastery below 492 iLvL.

Hope it helps a little bit despite my lack of any proof whatsoever!

Deleted
    I went for mastery sockets as soon as Sim told me it was >0.5int. I used socketbonuses of hit/crit/haste and what not if I calculated them to be better, using my statweights off the sim.

You're not hit capped, your experience will vary wildly based on RNG when not hit capped because you could go 100 rounds on the dummy and never miss and then go another 100 and miss every other spell.

While not hit capped you aren't going to be able to see any decent live testing for your dps changes in gear because at the moment all the differences in stacking are minor at best. Unless you're stacking crit there really is no wrong way to do it at the moment, and the staggering amount of difference you'll see on average when not hit capped can more than explain the difference in dps from parse to parse than the amount of stat you switched out.