Thread: Gaming headset

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Steelseries 7H get my vote. http://www.amazon.it/SteelSeries-7H-...716658&sr=8-15 -- Great sound quality (on par with dedicated headphones ((headset haters can shove it))), a good quality, easily stowed mic, and they don't cost an arm and a leg.

The Corsair Vengeance are also fantastic. http://www.amazon.it/Corsair-CA-9011...6716778&sr=1-8 -- I got my wife the wireless version of these for Christmas, and they're extremely comfortable and sound great.
    Last edited by insmek; 2012-12-28 at 05:54 PM.

Seeing as there's a lot of people with a lot of experience with headsets, does anyone have a non-functional Siberia Neckband Headset? I got some drivers that need a transplant home.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Razer Megalodon - almost 200$, but it is worth every penny. Bought those a year ago and i'm loving it ever since. 7.1 surround sound, replaceable earmuffs, gold-covered connectors and cloth-wrapped cords. Those things are built to last.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Horobi View Post
    Razer Megalodon - almost 200$, but it is worth every penny. Bought those a year ago and i'm loving it ever since. 7.1 surround sound, replaceable earmuffs, gold-covered connectors and cloth-wrapped cords. Those things are built to last.
    those aspects are exactly the same with +- $100 headsets........

Quote Originally Posted by Horobi View Post
    except they don't... there are thousands of crappy reviews on the megalodons.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

Deleted
    And i won't spend 200€ on a headset. Max I can spend is 130 for the g35, not more

Granted, my view is purely subjective. Still think they are worth it.
    There are always about a thousand crappy reviews of any particular item, i have yet to experience any problems with my megalodons.
    On a more serious point of it being completely overpriced, Sennheisers tend to be quite good also and are generally more versatile than purely gaming-oriented headsets.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got a set of Corsair 1500 for my B-day last year and I love them! They are not the best of the best but they are amazing for the price range. I also LOVE the program that they come with as I love setting up custom sound stages to my liking!

10+ Year Old Account
    Enid (you know, the vague Jurassic Park reference?)
    I picked up a Sharkoon headset about 4 months ago and have been using almost daily. They work awesome and cost me $60USD. The mic is great (or i just have the voice of an angle) and it has a audio control that is built into the cord, but this feature puts weight on the cord so I have to accommodate by putting it in my pocket or draping it over the arm of my chair. You can manually mute your mic via a button so you dont have to alt+tab and you can control two sets of audio at once (such as spotify and WoW). It also comes with a reeeally long cord, i found it it could reach my bed the other night after the bar when I came home and wanted to lay back and listen to some tunes.

Dont buy if you have a large skull, they can't be adjusted in width. For the first few days I actually stretched mine out on this glass head I have. I just measured my head its about 6 to 6 1/2 inches wide. after a bit of wear they are very comfortable.

maybe this is a problem on my end, but they are still receiving power after the computer is shut down. seems odd to me. but non the less they still work great