Thread: rbgs

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

rbgs

So i've been recently doing a lot of rbgs lately, and usually i see destro, but that's pretty obvious why. But now im starting to see more affliction and demo locks. why?! Isn't destro more superior? Affliction i can see, why for mass pressure on the whole team, but demo? That doesn't really make sense.

what are you guys thoughts? Aff destro or demo? and hwy?

Demo has insane AoE, an extra MS and on-demand survivability. I still prefer destro because destro handles 1v1 situations way better, but demo is still good in rbgs and a solid demo lock can inflict some serious pain.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    what is MSgood sir?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    what is MSgood sir?
    MS = Mortal Strike, healing debuff from the Felguard if I'm not mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    MS = Mortal Strike, healing debuff from the Felguard if I'm not mistaken.
    Yup, example of the Wrathguard ability in question: Mortal Cleave

Felguard has the same sort ability, but for lesser healing debuff.

Demo actually use to be the "go to" rbg spec before the Chaos Wave nerf. Gorefiend's Grasp the enemy team with your demo locks spamming DS + trinket boosted Chaos Waves = GG <<<< that's the real reason Chaos Wave got so heavily nerfed, not b/c it could hit so hard in arenas.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo has better objective control with its huge aoe, a knock back. Can use Demonic Teleport twice with seperate CDs for caster/demon form.

Knocks people out of stealth easily, the Mortal Strike debuff from their demon. Also meta weaving HoG for the increased dot damage and slow is IMBA

Oh, and can even tank with Glyph of Demon hunting and all defensives off cd.

Oh, and Afflic doesn't do good pressure without channeling Malefic Grasp, which is a hazzard in RBGs and roots them in place usually.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Demo has insane AoE, an extra MS and on-demand survivability. I still prefer destro because destro handles 1v1 situations way better, but demo is still good in rbgs and a solid demo lock can inflict some serious pain.
    Destro is the worst among our specs to handle 1v1 issues.The only spec that requires you to cast. And this is impossible against a warrior/rogue/druid/dk/hunter etc.
    Destro isn't even close to demonology's utility,arena or rbg wise.

To answer OP's question. Demo > Destro in :

Utility (more cc,debuffs,knockback)

Survivability (2xTeleport on different cds,knockback again,1 more escape mechanic on low cd(Demonic Leap),better synergy with Sacrifictial Pact talent,1 tank glyph that helps on objectives too(other than being a defensive kit it helps you grab a flag or get ORB if needed)

On demand damage(especially AOE) : Destro is the less viable solution to bring the on demand burst,in a meaning Chaos Bolt is easy preventable.This means you can do 0 dmg during your cds versus a team with average inteligence.On the other hand,Demo speccing into for example GoServ can bring 2 empowered felguards and 1 chaos wave before chain CC'd on CDs.Any dmg still > than 0 dmg.

I could bring other issues too,but these are why i prefer demo over destro.
    Last edited by pitakos; 2012-12-29 at 01:01 PM.