Think this will make a decent computer?

So my parents computer seems to be beyond my abilities to repair.
    I've replaced many of the parts to it except for the Optical drive and Motherboard.
    It still has problems with functioning properly which leads me to suspect the motherboard has gone bad.
    The computer is approaching 6 years and is very out of date. It struggles with just about anything other then Web Browsing so I was thinking of building them a new one.
    Since the Hard Drive is still new and the optic drive still working (and yes, both are Sata) I was going to salvage the both for the new computer.
    Since I didn't need a operating System or the other peripherals, these were the parts I picked out.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/uQTx

My brother will use it to and does play some games. They are nothing that's graphically intense, so I would be using my old GTX260 for it. The card still handles fine for basic games like Runescape or Minecraft which are all he plays.
    So what would you have to say about the parts I chose? Parents are on a tight budget so I'm trying to keep as close to $300 as I can.
    I think with warranties included on both the motherboard and processor, the base price ends up around around $330.
    I make Trance, let me know what you think! http://youtu.be/b19r1rsqsI0

It looks fine, you could even save a little bit extra (no MIR) on the PSU.

Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX12V Power Supply ($30.95 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $30.95
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-30 15:20 EST-0500)
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1080MHz/1700MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2014 || AV-TEST Jan/Feb 2013