Poll: Do you like the idea of Separate Faction Set Colors?

S13 - Horde and Alliance

according to Wowhead, blizz may have decided that there will be different colored s13 depending on your faction. apparently, most sets have 3 colors, one of them tagged as "horde" in the game files, one of them tagged as "alliance", and a third one. (I say "apparently" because I haven't seen the game files myself, though I kind of trust Wowhead)

the third one is probably the normal conquest set (with lower ilvl), while the elite conquest sets will have different colors depending on your faction to show your dedication to your faction in the war, similarly to how the war steed and war wolf are given to very dedicated PvP players, depending on their faction.

Taking the warlock set for example:

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...rlock_m_hd.jpg

the purple set is the neutral lower level one which anyone can get.

the red set with black details is the elite set for the horde, while the blue set with dirty gold details is the elite set for the alliance.

now, looking at the monk sets:

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images..._monk_m_hd.jpg

the blue and green set is the neutral lower level one which anyone can get.

the red and green set is the elite set for the horde, while the blue and yellow set is the elite set for the alliance.

so, what do you think? is this a good idea, or a bad idea? should it have been extended to the normal conquest gear or should it be for elites only?

personally I'm fine with it, since I wanted the purple warlock set anyways

(but I feel sorry for alliance locks who wanted the red one lol)
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    it seems they are going 3.2 all over pvp atm. I hated it on an extend but horde mostly gets the better lookin' gear.

Finally was my first impression.

If they are gona make separate sets they should go beyond recolours imo. The "Horde" tag could be misleading too; like the more tribal looking BoE stuff is labelled "horde" but doesn't mean only horde can wear it. Could also be honour set, conquest set, elite set.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Could also be honour set, conquest set, elite set.
    well, considering all sets have alliance colors (blue and yellow) and horde colors (red and green or black), whichever side's sets ended up not being the glorious conquest ones would probably create a massive shitstorm saying blizzard is giving aesthetic favoritism to the other side.
    Last edited by checking facts; 2012-12-28 at 05:05 PM.

I doubt they are doing this. Wowhead neglect to mention that practically every single gear set in the game comes in 3 or 4 colours, most of them never being used.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    well, considering all sets have alliance colors (blue and yellow) and horde colors (red and green or black), whichever side's sets ended up not being the glorious conquest ones would probably create a massive shitstorm saying blizzard is giving aesthetic favoritism to the other side.
    That would be no different to how it is right now... in case you haven't noticed virtually all gear in this game is either blue, green, red or purple. For warlocks at least, the red PVP gear is always elite. The honor and normal conquest versions are always green or blue.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-12-28 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like it, I'm a fan of themes, I just wish the non-elite sets were all colored the same.

Something else I'd really like to see is tier colored to match the difficulty. Like LFR gear is green, normal is yellow, heroic is red.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I doubt they are doing this. Wowhead neglect to mention that practically every single gear set in the game comes in 3 or 4 colours, most of them never being used.
    but they usually don't come tagged as horde or alliance. I guess blizz probably wanted to strengthen the "war" theme. or maybe they wanted to stop wasting resources on making sets that never go live.

Deleted
    I'm a big fan of this. One of the few great things about tier 9 is that the factions got different looking armour. I especially think it works with arena, pvp gear should look different on each faction without a doubt. Blizzard seem to be listening to sensible criticism. What with a very Ulduar esque raid coming and now this with people reminiscing about lvl 60 pvp and the legendary Grand Marshals and High Warlords of old.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    PvP sets varying by faction would be awesome and help to make each side distinct in what should be a Faction V Faction situation.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    I hated it on an extend but horde mostly gets the better lookin' gear.
    I've always supported the idea, but this is my biggest concern playing Alliance atm. I'm still envious to the Horde for ToC weapons. I'll probably be fine though, assuming that the grey Paladin set will be the neutral one.
    Last edited by mmoceb2038953a; 2012-12-28 at 05:24 PM.

I'd rather they put more time into... you know, actually making the Arena gear look more impressive. Monk and warlock S13 aren't terrible, but other than that they're pretty much eyesores.

I guess it'd make it a little easier differentiating friend from foe in BGs, for people that have trouble with that. Also, will conjure up images of palette-swapped ninjas from Mortal Kombat for me. So that's a plus.

I'm really disappointed by it. I fell in love with the Alliance Lock set for my Gob. Oh well.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post
    I've always supported the idea, but this is my biggest concern playing Alliance atm. I'm still envious to the Horde for ToC weapons. I'll probably be fine though, assuming that the grey Paladin set will be the neutral one.
    Well I am horde and like the alliance toc weapons and the horde armor sets. As for the pvp set IMO the models should be slightly different not just the colours.
    Aye mate

Variety in general does make things more interesting, in this case even with the risk of someone feeling betrayed because the other faction got the "better" set. I greatly disliked the Alliance cloth set designs in t9 and found many Horde items to be superior in looks, but I still found the model differences really fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    well this isn't the first time they attempted something like this, since they used different faction designs for the TOTC sets and weapons.
    #boycottchina

So Horde will have many red-colored gear while Alliance will have a lot of blue-colored gear. Meh Im not sure what to think of it

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    That would be no different to how it is right now... in case you haven't noticed virtually all gear in this game is either blue, green, red or purple. For warlocks at least, the red PVP gear is always elite. The honor and normal conquest versions are always green or blue.
    green, red and purple are warlock colors.

when was the last time we had a blue warlock PvP set? this one only exists because of the alliance theme.