Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just started playing again after a friend gave me the expansion for Christmas. I have to admit, I've been doing all of the Carnage quests in Cape Jules, and I'm about to tear my own eyes out. I'm not sure what an Onslaught is, as I didn't see any tonight when I was playing. But if there's a way around doing all of these ridiculous Carnage quests, I would be so happy. They are not fun. -_-
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I did all the quests in every zone (carnage and story) plus all the onslaughts I found and a few invasions if they were on in the zone and had nearly 4 complete zones left when I hit 60. Levelling content is far from an issue and you could comfortably skip things you don’t like. Morban and Seratos could easily be split up the middle and still be considered large zones.
    Last edited by Coolit; 2012-12-29 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I just started playing again after a friend gave me the expansion for Christmas. I have to admit, I've been doing all of the Carnage quests in Cape Jules, and I'm about to tear my own eyes out. I'm not sure what an Onslaught is, as I didn't see any tonight when I was playing. But if there's a way around doing all of these ridiculous Carnage quests, I would be so happy. They are not fun. -_-

Just donlt do them then They are optional content! Onslaughts are where you defend a particular point from multiple invasions. You can upgrade turrets and lifesprings *healing things* to help you out. There is a daily quest associated with each of them that you pick up near the onslaught point. But if you donlt want to do carnages donlt. You can still do the regular story quests and randomly found quests. Not to mention things like onslaughts, hunt rifts, zone events, crafting dailies, dungeons and pvp. Oh and I forgot instant adventures as well!

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    When I enter a new area, I tend to only kill things if I have to so I don't get carnages I don't want. I still do quite a few of them, but I do ones with mobs around wherever I am anyway for other quests.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    So pretty much every zone...that's...not promising to be honest. Though I am a fan of seeing all zones and quests, quests, quests the first time around. I can sense I might be a little worn down by this experience.

Oh well, just gotta remember to take my time and smell the roses. I'm not rushing to get anywhere soon. Already 45 and I've only played the last 2 weeks in my spare time. Plenty of time for other things at a later date.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 04:50 PM ----------

Thanks for another perspective.
    for perspective, i levelled primarily in dusken with no real dungeons/pvp/ia. i did all of dusken (four zones) and three zones (of six currently available iirc) in brevane. brevane's early zones are generally smaller, but in terms of level area, i went about as far as level 54 content in brevane. if you don't IA or dungeon etc, you can expect similar results (likewise, if you chose to do primarily brevane, you'll probably do around half of dusken if you only follow the quests)

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Do the story quests, and pick up the carnages that happen to be in your way, but don't worry about completing them all till you run out of story. Makes things flow better, IMO.
    Agreed, for me focusing on story quests and doing all the other stuff as it came to me naturally made the last ~5 level a breeze really. The only thing, as I've mentioned earlier, was to make sure I got my bonus warfronts done before they stacked to six and got wasted. They give great xp for minor effort, and also a lot of prestige levels which seem more important now since you need to get to rank 60 before you start earning marks.
    "You disgust me"- Grandma