Thread: Shaman T-15

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Dreadlord Aurokk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    759
    Pretty sure in Dragon Soul last tier to be shown to the public was the DK one... which was described as "epic" by the blues, and we all know how well that turned out xD

    But in all seriousness our class is problably the one that has the best looking (and more variety aswell) tiers in the game.

    However in this particular Zulduar raid all the tiers seem very not-at-sync with the raid, the classes or the xpac for that matter. I mean seriously EVERYBODY thought the druid set was a WARLOCK; That pally set isn't.... power ranger-ish enough. Looks like something that came out of OUR reclyced tiers trash dump.

  2. #22
    Blademaster CaliburX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    48
    I actually really like all the sets for T15, can't wait to see the shaman set.

    Slightly OT: I will agree that at first glance I also thought the druid set was for locks. Having said that however, I still think it fits. To me it looks like a sort of sha-corrupted/mangled tree stump or something.
    Pokémon X FC:2122-6118-6289 Fighting Safari:Sawk,Meditite & Breloom

  3. #23
    Well.. lets see.

    I hope they add some special effects to shoulders like tier 10.
    Last edited by Cylli; 2013-01-01 at 11:06 PM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    Pretty sure in Dragon Soul last tier to be shown to the public was the DK one... which was described as "epic" by the blues, and we all know how well that turned out xD
    Lol yea, don't forget this when you think it's cause Shaman set will be awesome cause it's not out yet. T10 was very nice though, and also had a delay in release.

    I enjoy most shaman sets, so hopefully this turns out well too

  5. #25
    Whilst I generally feel shaman are always semi forgotten about and our issues rarely dealt with / repsonsed to as often as others, the one things blizzard is always nice to use with is the look of our gear.
    In general I feel we always have a top 3 looking set each teir if not the best looking ones.
    Bearing in mind that 5.2 raid is the Thunder King, i expect we'll get something thundery looking to reflect this.

  6. #26
    well for me it wont matter what it looks like seeing as how i will be sporting my gold challenge armor set forever lol

  7. #27
    I hope it isnt as dull as priests set. Maybe yeah, thundering skulls of dinos or a freakishly weird, over-the-top headpiece!

  8. #28
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Ever looked at Trolls of Lotro or Warhammer?

    Obviously Totem in the real world sometimes have Bird Faces on it.

    However within WoW, no Shaman race shows any serious connection to Birds, Orc and Tauren prefer Wolves, while Jungle Trolls prefer their own animal spirits (Serpent, Tiger, etc.).

    There are only two races that have Shaman and a connection to Birds:
    Wildhammer, if you consider Gryphon as Birds

    Forest Trolls, those actually have a affinity for Birds, but Jungle Trolls dislike this Spirit.


    Goblins & Draenei show for example absolutely nothing of this "spiritual vibe" of Shaman, Draenei see the Elements as a another version of the light and Goblin have their religion in form of money.

    Pandaren have Hawkmasters, but i doubt that taming an animal proves that they worship this animal in a spiritual sense.




    A set called Frost Witch, but only has a single Version that actually reflects Frost in the name.
    Point being? The set is called Frost Witch - not Frozen Witch. Frost Witch only really implies that it's a set of gear belonging to a witch who lives in a frozen area and/or deals with frost like spells, doesn't mean the set has to be either made of frost or actually frozen.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Point being? The set is called Frost Witch - not Frozen Witch. Frost Witch only really implies that it's a set of gear belonging to a witch who lives in a frozen area and/or deals with frost like spells, doesn't mean the set has to be either made of frost or actually frozen.
    Blizzard promised a Frost based Set, which wasn't frosty at all if you were not using the 25man NHC version.

    Also, if i think of "Frost Witch" then i think it should be a Frosty set, because else i think it's a fail in terms of naming, those 2 other sets should be rather called "Bone Witch".

    If an Element is exists within a Set name, the design of a Set should reflect this.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  10. #30
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Blizzard promised a Frost based Set, which wasn't frosty at all if you were not using the 25man NHC version.

    Also, if i think of "Frost Witch" then i think it should be a Frosty set, because else i think it's a fail in terms of naming, those 2 other sets should be rather called "Bone Witch".

    If an Element is exists within a Set name, the design of a Set should reflect this.
    Ever seen the Dungeon Set 1 called "The Elements"? It was blue and had a fence on the shoulders, and the upgrades version "Five Thunders", nothing thunder'ish about it. Ever seen the Hunter t8 called Scourgestalker, which came from Ulduar - a place that had nothing to do with the Scourge. Point being; Names are names, nothing more nothing less.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Ever seen the Dungeon Set 1 called "The Elements"? It was blue and had a fence on the shoulders, and the upgrades version "Five Thunders", nothing thunder'ish about it.
    Pretty much all T0 / T0.5 had random names that were fitting for the class, looks were designed in a similiar fashion, randomnly fitting for the class.

    Example:
    Warlock, Dreadmist / Deathmist, i don't see any mist around this Set


    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Ever seen the Hunter t8 called Scourgestalker, which came from Ulduar - a place that had nothing to do with the Scourge. Point being; Names are names, nothing more nothing less.
    Sometimes they make themed sets, sometimes not.

    Many T10 or T13 had to do with ICC or DS in terms of design, both Shaman set weren't really connected to it.

    Also, the Expansion it was in was called Wotlk and the Set name was rather fitting because the Helm was a Gas Mask, i think Gas Masks can be useful if you want to hunt the Scourge.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  12. #32
    The Patient Sorbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    294
    I would love to see something thunder-themed stuff. Fire is imo worn out. Plus some radical colour would be cool... instead of grayish/brown/purple/reddish. Not pink but... you figure it out.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorbus View Post
    I would love to see something thunder-themed stuff. Fire is imo worn out. Plus some radical colour would be cool... instead of grayish/brown/purple/reddish. Not pink but... you figure it out.

    I'd kill for a pink set!

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorbus View Post
    I would love to see something thunder-themed stuff. Fire is imo worn out. Plus some radical colour would be cool... instead of grayish/brown/purple/reddish. Not pink but... you figure it out.
    Agreed. I'm sick of fire, this is the perfect time for a new thunder theme set. I'd also love a voodoo/witch doctor style set.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Ize View Post
    Whilst I generally feel shaman are always semi forgotten about and our issues rarely dealt with / repsonsed to as often as others, the one things blizzard is always nice to use with is the look of our gear.
    In general I feel we always have a top 3 looking set each teir if not the best looking ones.
    Bearing in mind that 5.2 raid is the Thunder King, i expect we'll get something thundery looking to reflect this.
    I hope to god that our set is the coolest electrified looking set ever. I mean thunder king, shamans are king of lightning bolts and thunderstorms. Dear lord they probably will need an extra month just to figure out how to make our set so redicoulsy cool that everyone will gear us first just to look at us.

  16. #36
    Mechagnome Cai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sen'Jin Village
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Agreed. I'm sick of fire, this is the perfect time for a new thunder theme set. I'd also love a voodoo/witch doctor style set.
    Agreed, we need another Thunder themed set, esp since we are killing the Thunder King. I also would love a voodoo/witch doctor set, but it isn't very shamany it is more Troll. Maybe there will be a new troll dungeon set.

    Also we haven't had a Water/Frost set in a while either I think that would be pretty nice.

  17. #37
    Every other T15 set so far looks like crap.

    I'm not holding out for much...

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Personally i'd say that the mistaked the Shaman Set for a Druid one, because Shaman have nothing to do with Birds.
    I think the set relates more to tribal clan leader and spiritual guide than to nature and druids. It fits Horde toons and troll in particular perfectly.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by whitepanda View Post
    I think the set relates more to tribal clan leader and spiritual guide than to nature and druids. It fits Horde toons and troll in particular perfectly.
    Draenai, however...

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    Agreed, we need another Thunder themed set, esp since we are killing the Thunder King. I also would love a voodoo/witch doctor set, but it isn't very shamany it is more Troll. Maybe there will be a new troll dungeon set.

    Also we haven't had a Water/Frost set in a while either I think that would be pretty nice.
    Eh, the raid has heavy troll influence so it could work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •