Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is blizzard pulling a blizzard on pvp again?

I don't play the game no more but I do enjoy reading these blue posts and how vague they are.

So is Blizzard still not going to fix PvP and throw more bandaids at a system that has been broken since it first entered the world back in Vanilla WoW?

I ask this because they seem to do more dodging than answering. Burst is a problem, well duh, you make people strong enough to dps down a 1 billion health dragon, how do they not deal enough burst to kill a 400,000 health player? They wont make separate numbers for all abilities; 1 set for pve and 1 set for pvp which would fix everything up to 90% of the game issues which is what I have seen in every expansion and never resolved: 1. Burst too high, 2. Heals too high, 3. Classes with CC still deal as much damage as classes with little CC.

Is it just me or how long will you people continue to accept this kind of crap development from any game, not just WoW? Why is it so hard for people to realize that PvP and PvE are completely different styles of play and need to be separated? It just bothers me as a gamer to see this same mistake played over and over in just about every MMO RPG.

I'm kind of sad and sicken by this continue trend to not fix the issue.
    When life gets you down, stand back up.
    When something breaks, fix it.
    When Blizzard makes you wait 1 more year and gives you a crappy D3 game with no end game content, horrible nerfs, & says the AH is the greatest thing to come to a D3 game, It's OK to nerd rage and never buy another Acti-Blizzard game again. I know I wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalais View Post
    I don't play the game no more but I do enjoy reading these blue posts and how vague they are.

I'm kind of sad and sicken by this continue trend to not fix the issue.
    You are sad and sickened by a video game you no longer play?

Get some professional help. I worry about your mental health.

If you don't play it shouldn't concern you anymore.

It's like stalking your highschool girlfriend at age 30.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGamer View Post

Golden reply!!
    pure gold.

I suppose since he doesn't play that means that everything he said was invalid.

lol

Perhaps he takes offense to what Blizzard says because they help set the trend for other developers to follow. Every MMO maker in the US emulates Blizzard since they have the most successful US MMO. Just my thought.

Keep in mind, you're talking about a company that thinks a tie in capture the flag shouldn't be a tie or go into overtime. They obviously don't have a clue about how competition should be. They're good developers in general, but in this area they're awful.

Deleted

Awesome post, haha.

OT: But he's right - Why should you care about this game if you're not playing it?

Oh man, WoW PvP is unbalanced just like every other game that involves PvP. Who'd have expected that?!

(Answer: Everyone who has any clue how difficult it is to balance PvP. No game is perfect in that regard and anyone expecting it to be is a fool.)
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Thalais View Post
    I don't play the game no more
    Stopped reading right there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skimper View Post
    Awesome post, haha.

OT: But he's right - Why should you care about this game if you're not playing it?
    They are still developing one of the top MMOs on the market as of now. How they go about their game development could potentially effect future developers. Most people are taking that stance you've taken and totally avoiding the point of the thread.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    I suppose since he doesn't play that means that everything he said was invalid.

lol
    Well since he doesn't play any more, he has no experience with the current pvp enviroment (judging by his sign, he hasn't even purchased MoP). He then complains about burst and heals, while there have been recent changes related to burst and Battle Fatigue healing reduction debuff. So we pretty much have a post that boils down to outdated hearsay...
    Last edited by openair; 2012-12-28 at 07:21 PM.

Deleted
    the only way to balance PVP is to give every single person the same abilities that have the same effects and do the exact same damage no matter what armour the other person is using. people complain they want classes to be different from each other but if classes are different from each other there will always be some that can kill others easily, then those that can be easily killed will be able to kill other classes easily.

the problem is with PVP it's like balancing rock, paper, scissors they will play paper and complain scissors is OP and rock is just right.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    They are still developing one of the top MMOs on the market as of now. How they go about their game development could potentially effect future developers. Most people are taking that stance you've taken and totally avoiding the point of the thread.
    If he doesn't play anymore he can't judge the system as he is no longer familiar with it. Judging what is happening with WOW based on what people writes on forums or GC tweeters is being extremely narrow-minded.

That means that whatever opinions he has on the current state of the game, are well, invalid.

WoW PvP is bad, and most, if not all other MMOs since WoW have been copying it.

There's no competition, so Blizz can just do whatever.

If he doesn't play anymore he can't judge the system as he is no longer familiar with it. Judging what is happening with WOW based on what people writes on forums or GC tweeters is being extremely narrow-minded.

That means that whatever opinions he has on the current state of the game, are well, invalid.
    He's not exactly getting any constructive feedback from you guys, is he?

Jeez, talk about hypocrisy...

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't play this game for balanced pvp

i pity the fool that does

i still cant believe people pay 15$ a month to play a game that they are not entirely happy with, only to bitch about it later on the forums.

+1 My friend

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fadedmind View Post
    +1 My friend
    Very sad to see people like this on forums. Just cause someone doesn't play or do something anymore and get replies like this is beyond low life.

That's like saying an ex-professional athlete in X sport doesn't know anything about the current version of that same X sport, just because they retired or quit playing it.

I know what I'm talking about cause I did play WoW from BC through Cataclysm. I know about Vanilla WoW as my cousin was playing then and was a highly rank PvP character as he got gladiator back then on his Paladin and Druid.

The point of this thread is asking is Blizzard still saying the same thing they said in WotLK and Cataclysm and if so, why do you continue to flock to them? An above poster mentioned a good point which Blizzard does influence the MMO RPG market and by them not showing the leadership to address their own PvP, why should others if they keep the same people playing the same version over and over.

I remember people hating EA cause of the endless NCAA Football game which was basically the same game but updated graphics and a neat franchise update which all could of been a minor or major patch to the previous game but instead, pay $60 for basically the same game.
    Yet from what I see with the PvP in WoW is exactly the same thing as EA doing the NCAA gaming. You all got high hopes for PvP and then its the same thing over and over; Healing is OP, Burst is out of Control, CC is too powerful, Mages (x class) are OP every expansion and no sight of fixes to lower them, etc.

Say what you want and believe what you want, I'm just curious of why you play a game that is basically a copy of its self (in terms of PvP, PvE is different and they do a great job in general with story line and PvE content).
    When life gets you down, stand back up.
    When something breaks, fix it.
    When Blizzard makes you wait 1 more year and gives you a crappy D3 game with no end game content, horrible nerfs, & says the AH is the greatest thing to come to a D3 game, It's OK to nerd rage and never buy another Acti-Blizzard game again. I know I wont.