Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalonus View Post
    I was wondering if this script could be edited to separate the count of block ID's vs item ID's. For example it checks the config file and returns "count = #". I was hoping it would return something along the lines of "count = 9; block = 3; item = 6"
    I noticed that currently it doesn't store the whole name. I will fix the names and then check if the name has item or block in it. But I am sure some don't have either. I will take a look. It wouldn't be nice to ignore my only feedback.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 10:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    While you're here, it looks like the script is detecting the durability settings from EE3 as ID's. It's easy to ignore them, but just a heads up.
    I will look into this too.

awesome script! thank you!

15+ Year Old Account
    Just posting to remind people of this awesome script from OldFarmerJoe. I still use it when I work on configs. Very handy!!

Deleted
    what do i need to change to make this work on linux is it just the perl path

- - - Updated - - -

dont worry it was as simple as change perl path and evoking perl from term

Why are you running it from Linux? Do you have Minecraft running on Linux or just have you PERL on Linux?

Deleted
    i run minecraft on linux mate lol but like i say that line and running it sudo perl XXXXXX and its fine mate

Deleted
    I really love this script OldfarmerJoe!! It found my doubles in like 6 seconds!
    I do have one question: biome ids.ISLAND1, change terrain block ids - must be below 255.Skystone ID... I thought that any block below 4095 could be generated in world... Am I mistaken?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by regelneef View Post
    I really love this script OldfarmerJoe!! It found my doubles in like 6 seconds!
    I do have one question: biome ids.ISLAND1, change terrain block ids - must be below 255.Skystone ID... I thought that any block below 4095 could be generated in world... Am I mistaken?
    Some terrain generation has to be done with block ID's below 256. Also, the reporter does sometimes pick up biome ID's and thinks their block ID's, so keep that in mind and make sure you check what it's asking you to change.

I found these sections that contains biome ids.
    I will see about separating them out as biome ids and only flagging an error is they overlap.
    Are there any other config files that contain biome ids?

.minecraft\config\biomesoplenty\ids.cfg
    "biome ids" {
    I:"Alps Forest (Sub-Biome) ID"=63
    I:"Alps ID"=83
    }

.minecraft\config\extrabiomes\extrabiomes.cfg
    biome {
    B:alpine.allowvillages=true
    B:alpine.enablegeneration=true
    I:alpine.id=32
    }

Awesome script. Also, you were requesting some other configs that have Biome IDs and its a known issue that if you have Biomes O Plenty and The Twilight Forest installed, the Twilight biomes will overwrite a few of the BoP biomes. Just a quick FYI.

Im getting this error on ubuntu

pastebin /CR0UigZr

cant post it other way for some reason:
    You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.
    (dont know where was a link or images in that code)

Quote Originally Posted by blackarchan View Post
    Im getting this error on ubuntu
    pastebin /CR0UigZr
    cant post it other way for some reason:
    You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.
    (dont know where was a link or images in that code)

New users can't post links on this website. I think you have to get over 10 posts.

This is line 88:
    if ( $section[$indent] =~ /\b(block|blocks|entity|item|items|id|ids|terrain block ids)\b/i ) {

That's the end of block code, so it seems that it detected one too many } or missed a {, so it confused about the current indents.
    My configs are pretty old, so it must be something in the newer configs. Are you using Fuzzie's config pack?
    I can download the latest configs and see if I can reproduce the error.
    I don't have to actually be using them, to parse them.

- - - Updated - - -

I downloaded Fuzzzies Config Pack v3.5.12 and ran it.
    I didn't get any errors.
    But my version is slightly different then the posted version.
    I would suggest you figure out which config file its erroring on and temporarily remove it.
    So you can get the script to run on everything else.
    You can turn on the debug prints by setting debug = 1; on line 21.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Some terrain generation has to be done with block ID's below 256. Also, the reporter does sometimes pick up biome ID's and thinks their block ID's, so keep that in mind and make sure you check what it's asking you to change.
    My current version does a better job of identifying biomes. I still need to put them into a separate list.
    I am also trying to get rid of some mistakes its making with railcraft config.

- - - Updated - - -

I uploaded version 7 of the script. See link on first post.
    Does a better job with biomes and separates them from blocks and items.
    Got rid of railcraft tweaks.

Last edited by OldFarmerJoe; 2013-10-31 at 05:44 AM.

Deleted
    Hello everybody! Did not try the script yet but I have a noob-ish question: weren't some mods taking into consideration the 256 shift in IDs while others didn't?
    Shouldn't this pose a problem with checking ID conflicts from the configs alone?

Quote Originally Posted by damnedsky View Post
    Hello everybody! Did not try the script yet but I have a noob-ish question: weren't some mods taking into consideration the 256 shift in IDs while others didn't?
    Shouldn't this pose a problem with checking ID conflicts from the configs alone?
    Well, a simple script can't take everything into account. I already added specific code for railcraft and twightlight forest. Some mods only specify a starting id too, that can created lots of overlaps that it can't detect. Wish they would just list them all.

Followed everything to the tee, including the id fix for the biomes o plenty in the readme of the config pack.

error here --> http://pastebin.com/2tZYqFCd

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wanted to pop in and say many thanks, I got this to work w/o any problems, Even though I use the provided Config pack, i also have other mods that aren't included, and this works like a charm. once again, Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Biggaveli View Post
    Followed everything to the tee, including the id fix for the biomes o plenty in the readme of the config pack.
    error here --> http://pastebin.com/2tZYqFCd
    My script only reads config files and generates a report. Fuzzie's group might be able to help with errors from starting Minecraft.

Deleted
    Hey there , i have a question / request regarding this script, i see that it finds which id's are already used in a config file what i'd like it to do if possible is to get it to display what other mod is asking for those id's if you can. i love the script though seems to work brilliantly thank you OldFarmerJoe.
    Last edited by mmoc19865c4227; 2013-12-07 at 10:18 PM.

It reports them as it runs into them. It will report all mods past the first using an id as an error. So it does what you want.