Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    arghhh me being muppet and double posting.
    please can a mod delete this for me.
    Last edited by Risale; 2012-12-28 at 09:49 PM. Reason: arghhh me being muppet and double posting.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Althalus View Post
    Okay leaving the nuke at home or till the next xpac.
    But LK versus Lei Shen then LK as he is still around (okay the 3.0 version but there is still the LK power) and Lei Shen will go bye bye.
    Why.

Explain to me how.

I've explained how he wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Actually I don't think we legitimately know how he was killed.

All we know is his army lost to the Pandaren and he retreated.

After that, a storm like no other flushed through the battlefield like the Thunder King's rage embodied in physical form.
    -Wowpedia again

Loh-Ki says that Lei Shen was killed in a battle with pandaren monks in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Alani the Stormborn was created in his final moments.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    -Wowpedia again
    ...So that's how Alani came to be.

I'm sorry then! My mistake.

In pure strength? Yeah, for sure, quite possibly... but in terms of the strengths of his story? Well, I'm not so sure about that. Arthas/the Lich King is one of the most compelling and effective characters Blizzard has created in its history. That is a very tall order.

That said, Blizzard has done a MARVELOUS job introducing the Thunder King in MoP and building him up through the quests, NPCs, factions, and scenarios, especially considering how little time there's really been to build him up as an enemy.

But how do you know that.

The Spellcasters of the Mogu Army are immense in ability and power.

Not to mention the fact that if it came down to it, Lei Shen would ring the Divine Bell, empowering all of his soldiers to Godlike Power, and turn the entire tide of the battle.

Having your Rage and Despair fueled 100 fold would drive you to fight and use abilities never thought imaginable.

And that Lightning Weaving Lei Shen, empowered by the Divine Bell, I believe would destroy the Lich King.

Even without it, imo, they'd be an equal match.

Even if the Lich King can raise the Thunder King's dead, the Thunder King has his own tricks up his sleeve.

The Lich King can call down a swarm of Frost Wyrms to rain down Frost Breath and destruction from the sky?

The Thunder King can call down a Thunderstorm to strike turn the very environment into his ally.
    Rage and This Pear can make you reckless. That is a major weakness if you rely on brute force to win your battles. A lot of enemies in Dragon Ball Z come to mind, lol
    Last edited by Mancowski; 2012-12-28 at 10:00 PM. Reason: That word isn't make sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Mancowski View Post
    Rage and This Pear can cause make you reckless. That is a major weakness if you rely on brute force to win your battles. A lot of enemies in Dragon Ball Z come to mind, lol
    A lot of stuff in this Expansion reminds me of Dragon Ball Z..

Also you said "This Pear", and I'm sorry but I'm laughing really hard.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    you mean arthas?, because theres always a lich king.

Quote Originally Posted by Washuwa View Post
    you mean arthas?, because theres always a lich king.
    Yeah, Arthas.

Deleted
    i think that Arthas as the Lich King was far superior to Lei Shen ...

The Lich King has suffered alot of smaller injuries leading to his ultimate defeat, but Lei Shen is at his full when the heroes arive (I guess) ...

Concerning the Lich King:
    He was cut with Ashbringer on sacred ground during the Death Knight Rebellion (DK starting zone).
    He was infected with the undead plague developed and released by the Forsaken ...
    Sylvanas and Jaina fought him relentlessly (and they two are also kind of powerful)
    And last but not least ... Frostmourne got overwhelmed by the Spirit of King Menethil, Arthas' father ... which made him kind of vulnerable ...
    and that was the moment when Tirion got at him a second time with the Ashbringer ...

You see, Arthas had to take alot of damage before the heroes challanged him at his throne ...

as I already said: Lei Shen will be at his full strength ...

LK may have an edge in magic but LS seem like a stronger fighter/warrior in physical combat. The legend of his combat prowess is pretty badass. If it's fist fight then I am sure Lei Shen would own LK. lol

1 on 1 i would probably put my money on Lei Shen

Slighty offtopic
    Ra-den, anything we know about him lorewise? (dont really follow wow lore!)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    LK may have an edge in magic but LS seem like a stronger fighter/warrior in physical combat. The legend of his combat prowess is pretty badass. If it's fist fight then I am sure Lei Shen would own LK. lol
    Now that would be a bad-ass "fist fight" to watch.

Although it's difficult to gauge how much physical damage Arthas can take in his LK form. That is, I doubt he could just be physically bludgeoned to death, despite how strong LS is.

Why.

Explain to me how.

I've explained how he wouldn't.
    Okay you may find this a stupid reason but here is how I see it.
    Sageras (a God) -> Kil'jaeden (a Demon Lord) -> LK (Ner'zhul) now LK became (Ner'zhul/Arthas) and shafted Kil'jaeden, based on that its my guess that only Sageras could take down the LK.

Lei Shen on the other hand was a normal mortal that found a shiny inside a mountain that he used to kill all his rivals and be uber bad ass for a bit in panda land but he was killed by the pandaran in battle.

Also regarding the Bolvar version of the LK his ice tomb was cracked by Sylvanas as she was PMSing over the fact that he maybe a puppet king that would one day flex his power to well sorta do the same shit Arthas did. To my mind she caused the crack that could possibly give us another scourge war.

So the LK is till around very powerfull and Lei Shen is just some resurrected badass with tremendous power but to me nothing like the LK.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

I ll explain you exactly what would happen, Lei shen would defeat the Lich king, like we did, and then thinking he found another artifact he would wear the new helm and use his new sword.

and in the end, the lich king would have won, possessing an even greater and stronger body now.

So imo, the lich king will always win, since it's not a mortal or physical body anymore.

Also, like bolvar said, there must always be a lich king, if lei shen kills him for real. the scourge will destroy the world and he'll still have won.

I don't know. I think the lich king was on a whole new level. I mean for him to strike fear in the dreadlords enough that they wanted to assassinate arthas before he became the lich king is a pretty big deal. Anything that can make the legion think twice and actually go into tactics that well, were rather unconventional for them seems like a pretty extreme being. To say that the lich king was only powerful just because of his army is rather ridiculous considering without the thunder king's spear or even helm he would be nothing as well. I think the fight would go to the lich king because of his mastery over necromancy.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Althalus View Post
    Okay you may find this a stupid reason but here is how I see it.
    Sageras (a God) -> Kil'jaeden (a Demon Lord) -> LK (Ner'zhul) now LK became (Ner'zhul/Arthas) and shafted Kil'jaeden, based on that its my guess that only Sageras could take down the LK.

Lei Shen on the other hand was a normal mortal that found a shiny inside a mountain that he used to kill all his rivals and be uber bad ass for a bit in panda land but he was killed by the pandaran in battle.

Also regarding the Bolvar version of the LK his ice tomb was cracked by Sylvanas as she was PMSing over the fact that he maybe a puppet king that would one day flex his power to well sorta do the same shit Arthas did. To my mind she caused the crack that could possibly give us another scourge war.

So the LK is till around very powerfull and Lei Shen is just some resurrected badass with tremendous power but to me nothing like the LK.
    But wouldn't you consider Deathwing stronger than Arthas?

Rhe only source of lLK's power was frostmourne, the helm is only there to maintain control and nerzhul was striped of power by KJ and only his cuning contributed to LK's power. After he lost Frostmourne he lost everything he had no control of the souls which were the fuel of his power, the power he used to empower his minions and raise them an to do any kind of spell.
    Oh and Arthas himself was a weak paladin all in all, which was shown when he as touched by the mascarade Mal'Ganis did.
    Last edited by Seanali; 2012-12-28 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    -Wowpedia again
    Wrong. You are quoting things that are not quotes.

Loh-ki tells us that the ARMIES of Lei Shen were defeated by pandaren monks, nothing about Lei Shen. Yes, Alani was created in his final momoents... but what were they? What was he doing? Why did he die? How did it happen?

In fact, we have no clue how Lei Shen lost his life.

Legends tell of a great battle that took place in this very vale, turning the golden fields to crimson with the blood of many brave monks. The armies of Lei Shen of Thunder King, emperor of the mogu, fought brutally, but were eventually overcome.

For days following the fall of Lei Shen, the vale was shrouded in a cloud of the deepest black. Summoned by Lei Shen in his final moments, the otherworldly storm blanketed the vale with rainfall and struck jagged spears of lightning into the hills.

Bit of a hijack, but a random question, if the Lich King would fight Archimonde, who would win.
    I've always kind of thought Archimonde would wipe the floor with him, but after doing a little searching around people seem to think the opposite.