Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Could Lei Shen be comparable in strength and story to the Lich King?

Let me explain my case. I know there is a LOT of debate on how strong the Lich King truly was because, to be honest, I don't think we ever saw his full power. He toyed with us in our encounter with him in Icecrown Citadel before finally destroying us when he felt like it.

Regardless, I personally think Lei Shen, the Thunder King, and the Final boss (on normal mode) of The Throne of Thunder raid in 5.2 is as powerful as he.

The Lich King had Frostmourne, along with his powerful Death Knight, Necromancer, and natural ability, was an extremely powerful entity. He could raise the dead, control the very winds of Ice and Frost themselves, bend Death to his will, create pools of Darkness that would swallow his foes, along with insane physical strength and endurance, not to mention a massive amount of forces at his disposal.

Now, the Thunder King Lei Shen, had a Helm that would strike fear into his foes, along with a Spear that could strike like a Lightning Bold, and an Axe that when threw, would have such accuracy it would tear through his foes like soft tissue, and crash like Thunder. One can only imagine the devastation this man had. Not to mention he commanded an entire legion of loyal Mogu with their own massive capabilities in power, and an array of Artificial Constructs crafted from Titan Technology he stole or found.

Lei Shen also had an artifact called the Divine Bell as we know, which would channel the Power of the Sha, and from what we knew of him, he could perfectly master it, amplifying his power even further.

Now from what we've seen from his encounter abilities, Lei Shen can literally absorb electricity itself and bend it to his will, while using it to an insanely powerful degree of making massive spheres of Lightning, forming whips of crackling energy, and you get the picture.

Both have an insane amount of physical power, possess extreme mastery over their own specific elements, whether it be the Lich King's Frost/Death/Necromancy or the Thunder King's degree of Storm mastery, and each commanded their own armada of super powerful creatures, from Peons to beings like Kel Thuzad or Elegon (even if Elegon was simply a Titan Device, we can all see how powerful he was considering how much trouble he gave us "adventurers").

On a story basis, both were "resurrected" to some degree. The Lich King laid in wait in the Frozen Throne, unable to do anything except give telepathic aid and madness to further temper Arthas to his will, while although the Thunder King was slain, he was brought back to life, and now his Wrath, like the Lich King's, falls upon us. Both led their people with cruelty and absurd power, and had their forces lay waste to all enemies who opposed them.

The bottom line is that these near deity like figures actually have a lot alike.

I know, again, the Lich King's true power is debatable, and for one Lei Shen's abilities, or rather their full powerful, are still up in the air due to not seeing him in combat.

But there are a LOT of parallels between these two that point to not only story based linears, but also power level wise.

So do you guys think Lei Shen is equal to if not a bit above or below the Lich King from what we know and what I've drawn for you here?

Discuss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say maybe lei'shen is more powerful. the lich king was only so powerful due to his minions and his control

lei shen might be stronger physically

Lich King was strong, sure. But we're talking about an ancient magic being, the likes of which haven't been seen for tens of thousands of years. The Lich King's strength was arguably in the way his army worked; his enemies become tomorrow's servants. But they were pretty mindless and didn't really think. These mogu are really cunning and unlike TLK having a shred of humanity left, these lot have none.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I'd say maybe lei'shen is more powerful. the lich king was only so powerful due to his minions and his control

lei shen might be stronger physically
    That's what I was thinking.

Ever since I first read about the Thunder King I was like 'Whelp, he's gonna be a huge problem'.

If he actually wanted to, and built up his forces, he could conquer not only Pandaria, but also war against Kalimdor AND the Eastern Kingdoms.

Well the lich was just leading us along to he could turn us into scourge 2.0,woulda happened if Tirion hadnt gone super sayain

It's hard to say anything because I know so little about Lei Shen. LK is extremely powerful though. I think LK will have an advantage in the weapon he used. I guess that Frostmourne is stronger than Lei Shen's weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    Lich King was strong, sure. But we're talking about an ancient magic being, the likes of which haven't been seen for tens of thousands of years. The Lich King's strength was arguably in the way his army worked; his enemies become tomorrow's servants. But they were pretty mindless and didn't really think. These mogu are really cunning and unlike TLK having a shred of humanity left, these lot have none.
    Just because he's from ancient times doesnt mean he's stronger than Lich King. That's for the old gods and titans. Plus so little is known about him but I still see Lich King being more powerful in my eyes

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Major powerful figures tend to become lil pansies when the heroes of Azeroth arrive........
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

The Lich King only played with you. I don't think Lei Shen is stronger than him. I doubt he even gets close.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The Lich King only played with you. I don't think Lei Shen is stronger than him. I doubt he even gets close.
    But why's that? We haven't seen Lei Shen's full power, this is going off of what we can assume from his abilities.

Along the lines he is VERY similar to the Lich King, and on that basis I think he's just as powerful.

The thing is people have blown up the Lich King to be this almighty being of absolute power, when in truth he never was THAT strong.

im just glad this isnt vanilla, thunder king...ok immune to nature, all shamans better be resto!

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    im just glad this isnt vanilla, thunder king...ok immune to nature, all shamans better be resto!
    Oh my God that would be Horrible LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    But why's that? We haven't seen Lei Shen's full power, this is going off of what we can assume from his abilities.

Along the lines he is VERY similar to the Lich King, and on that basis I think he's just as powerful.

The thing is people have blown up the Lich King to be this almighty being of absolute power, when in truth he never was THAT strong.

Come again?

The Lich King toyed with you till he decided that you were the one's that could lead his army, then outright kills you. No IF, ANDs or BUTs. He literally snaps his fingers and you fall over dead.

And even in death your soul belongs to the Lich King.

Now unless Lei Shen can pull off something similar he and Arthas aren't even in the same league.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Already experierenced that in SSC, at least Hydross was immune for 50% of the fight.

These are my thoughts, The Lich King was weak because of Arthas, the only thing that kept him from making mass devastation was that little brat. The Thunder King doesn't care about shit like that, this guy is brutal, and it took a whole race to defeat him the first time, it took 10 or 25 brave soldiers and an old fart to beat The Lich King. Not only that, but The Lich King's powers all came from relics, Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination, The Thunder King has weapons sure, but he can still strike down intense lightning at will, and if all else fails he'll just crush you under his foot. I personally feel that Lei Shen has this one.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-12-28 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Come again?

The Lich King toyed with you till he decided that you were the one's that could lead his army, then outright kills you. No IF, ANDs or BUTs. He literally snaps his fingers and you fall over dead.

And even in death your soul belongs to the Lich King.

Now unless Lei Shen can pull off something similar he and Arthas aren't even in the same league.
    I openly admit the Lich King toyed with us.

But even during the fight he was struggling.

Perfect example: He tried to absorb us into Frostmourne, and when we broke free, he was enraged due to the fact his own Sword wasn't listening to him.

Could the Lich King really stand up to a near Thunder God like figure whose powers can be FURTHER enhanced by Sha energy, which from what we saw can turn the most normal of beings into a genocidal monstrosity.

The Sha themselves, if controlled, can subjugate entire species. Take the Mantid for example. All of them bent to the due to their corruption from the Sha.

And if someone can bend that awesome power for themselves, and control, imagine the absolute destruction they would cause.

It took a massive joint effort to simply take down the Thunder King's forces, AND him. We don't even know how he died. :P

inb4 "there must always be a thunder king"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    These are my thoughts, The Lich King was weak because of Arthas, the only thing that kept him from making mass devastation was that little brat. The Thunder King doesn't care about shit like that, this guy is brutal, and it took a whole race to defeat him the first time, it took 10 or 25 brave soldiers and an old fart to beat The Lich King. I personally feel that Lei Shen has this one.
    ^This.

The Thunder King, from what we can tell from his abilities table, has more physical might than Arthas.

He's a hulking, brutal, cruel monstrosity without a single ounce of mercy.

He spits lightning and whenever he speaks thunder follows. He's a literal storm in the form of a Mortal Being.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i unfortunately dont know much about lei shen, but i read an article where people were debating whether or not arthas/lich king/nerzhul could be considered a demi-god due to his influence and sway over death.

the lich king wasnt powerful simply due to his army, he was the culmination of both one of the more prominent paladins and warlocks combined into one. just my .02

15+ Year Old Account
    They are also insanely arrogant, and without knowledge of current times. Mogu also quarrel alot and only obey the one with most power till they see an opening to seize it themself. Oh and they got they ass handed to them by their own creation the Saurok, and the Pandaran for that matter.
    Last edited by Mandible; 2012-12-28 at 09:16 PM.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.