Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I love MoP from a story point of view. If it wasn't for 14+ months of Siege, it'd be either my favorite or my 2nd favorite expansion.
    5.4 was so long I have a tendency to think of Mists as 5.0-5.2 and seperate 5.3 and 5.4 as "Dusts of Orgrimmar." Never really sympathized with people remembering Mists as "lol pandas" when the majority of the expansion's time involved them about as much as cataclysm was about the Tolvir, Dwarves and Therazane.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I always thought that the Lich King was overrated. His power came from controlling the dead. His own strength wasn't that awesome.
    I'd vote for Lei Shen.

Put simply, without Tiron we'd all have died against the Lich King. I don't remember needing Tirion's help to kill Lei-Shen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Deleted
    Holy necro! This be a old thread but pretty interesting regardless I suppose.

It's hard to tell. If Lei Shen was to ever face the Lich King, there would be a lot of factors to include. Would he be facing the entire scourge army along with Lich King, since that's pretty much LK's thing. We don't know a whole lot about Lei Shen other than through a few quests/lore scrolls and through fighting him.

What we do know about him is that in an age where the mogu race was divided and fought amongst each other, he rose above them all and gathered them under 1 banner. Said army took control over entire Pandaria, which if you consider the Klaxxi/Yaungol/Jinyu/Monkeys/Pandarens is pretty impressive.

He defeated Ra-den, a hefty titan minion which controlled lightning, without any of his current lightning powers or anything, so he pretty much did it with raw power and strategy. After he got his hands on the titan powers he continued to rule Pandaria. Now the thing I find most impressive is that the cause of death for him was literally just old age. He lived almost his entire life ruling over Pandaria without getting backstabbed by other mogus or any revolutions etc. It both shows how fiercely loyale the mogu was to him and how feared he was amongst other races.

After he was resurrected he got back to his castle and lived his life as a living battery. During our fight with him, he didn't draw powers from the castle, no. He powered the entire castle himself. He had so much raw energy that he could power it up. To sum up, Lei Shen be cray cray and definitely was 1 of the more interesting characters to me. He didn't f**k around what so ever and at the very least had some god damn common sense to at least try and kill the invading heroes by destroying the bridge in ToT. Damn when you think about how often a boss figure could simply kill the heroes by intercepting them during awkward times.

As for Lich King, he's honestly fairly self explanatory at this point. He's perhaps the most well known lore figure from the Warcraft universe and almost everyone and their mother knows who, how and why he is the Lich King and is a badass to be feared.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    If you're giving Lei Shen the Divine Bell (an artifact he didn't have at the time) when in the fight, you also have to give Arthas an edge too. Like say, Sindragosa? I would say a very powerful, highly magical undead dragon servant is roughly equal to a very powerful empowering magical artifact, yeah?

In that case, it's still hard to say. I want to say the Lich King because Death Powers > Lightning Powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Two year old necro by an account named Troll64... lol, classy.

Still, I suppose Lei Shen could challenge the LK in single combat, throw their whole organizations at each other and LK dominates. LK is no slouch in a fight either, but Lei Shen could make a decent run at it. Ultimately I can't see blizzard letting the LK go down to what is at best a secondary expansion villain.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So this seems to be ele shaman vs. frost DK both on an equal amount of super steroids, sort of seems like a no-brainer.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    Put simply, without Tiron we'd all have died against the Lich King. I don't remember needing Tirion's help to kill Lei-Shen.
    2 words. Plot Device. You could say the same about a lot of raid bosses. Blizzard just had him kill us because it totally flipped the script. Up till that point we were just this unstoppable killing machine that made every previous raid boss fall before us like cannon fodder. I'm fairly certain that Lei Shen is very capable of doing the same. I mean...the guy beat the crap out of a titan keeper, stole all his power and then locked him up. Mind you all of this was done one on one.

Not to downplay Arthas because he WAS powerful. Powerful enough to overpower Ner'zhul's will and completely break free of Kil'jaeden's grasp. I just feel like in a one on one fight he would be nothing especially if you took away Frostmourne. Yeah yeah disarm a guy and of course he is gonna be weaker but The Lich King especially. Literally most of his power is from that damn sword.

Deleted
    Why do ppl always create these "Villain1 vs Villain2" threads?

Who cares because Ra-Den rapes everyone anyways, that's my answer
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll64 View Post

The lei shen was just introduced out of nowhere and in the most hated expansion lore wise Pandaria. No one likes panda lore (I do) and he just didnt have the fanbase to be epic. There are plenty of sources in the game that portrays him as incredibly strong. One is that, without powers he went and beat the shit out of Ra den afterwards he tore his heart out. Etc.
    Personally I thought MoP had the best lore hands down. Having WoD follow MoP feels like a huge step back in the story department. The theme is amazing but the story is a trainwreck right now. There are a few awesome moments through the leveling experience but overall it feels way too disjointed. Sure its still only the first patch cycle but I feel like every thing is wrapped up already and that is not good.

MoP left a lot of little strings to tie up even after the leveling and right now WoD just gave us Highmaul, Blackrock Foundry and then Tanaan Jungle. We have systematically destroyed the Iron Horde on every occasion. At least in MoP trouble kept popping up along the way. Unless we get some kind of full blown legion invasion somewhere in the middle here after Blackrock Foundry falls all that is left is Grom.

Deleted
    I like this. He is like the Lich King of long past, dead and buried under the sands of time, until the Zandalari arrive trying to revive him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lei'Shen would match or outmatch lich king without Frostmourne. With Frost, Lich would win. Doesn't a single cut kill anyone and steal their soul?

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    2 words. Plot Device. You could say the same about a lot of raid bosses. Blizzard just had him kill us because it totally flipped the script. Up till that point we were just this unstoppable killing machine that made every previous raid boss fall before us like cannon fodder. I'm fairly certain that Lei Shen is very capable of doing the same. I mean...the guy beat the crap out of a titan keeper, stole all his power and then locked him up. Mind you all of this was done one on one.

Not to downplay Arthas because he WAS powerful. Powerful enough to overpower Ner'zhul's will and completely break free of Kil'jaeden's grasp. I just feel like in a one on one fight he would be nothing especially if you took away Frostmourne. Yeah yeah disarm a guy and of course he is gonna be weaker but The Lich King especially. Literally most of his power is from that damn sword.
    It happened regardless. All of the feats Lei-shen showed in both his battle and lore can be claimed to be "unrealistic" but it doesn't mean they're just thrown out.
    Especially if you take away Frostmourne
    Well nobody is challenging him to fisticuffs. Frostmourne is the weapon of the Lich King, it seems a little redundant to say a warrior wouldnt be much without his weapon.
    Beat the crap out of a titan keeper.
    Archaedas was a titan keeper, as was the denizens of Ulduar, you cannot really argue which ones are stronger because of the necessity of keeping current content relevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    All these talk of how OP the lich king is, I wanna see him pitted up against azshara. Both at max power
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shogunit3 View Post
    All these talk of how OP the lich king is, I wanna see him pitted up against azshara. Both at max power
    What if someone distracted Azshara and another one jammed the crown on her?

Also isn't the power of LK unmeasurable because his power varies on who he possesses? We've got no indication yet on how powerful LK is possessing Bolvar who got altered/burned by lifegiving flame.
    Last edited by Deztru; 2015-02-02 at 10:38 PM.

I never did the thunder king on normal mode so I will ask this: At any point in the encounter did he instantly kill 25 players with 0 effort? No? Then how on earth could he possibly be any where near the level of power of LK... It took a hundred thousand angry souls that he had imprisoned, a paladin wielding the ashbringer and the GREATEST heroes of azeroth to take down the LK. Lei shin was some mediocrely strong dude that died and had to be brought back to life by some outside force.

Another point: Tirion was encased in a frozen tomb before he even engaged the heroes of azeroth, a tomb he sat in for nearly 15 minutes before Tirion prayed to "The light" and only then did the shackles that held him break. He literally tossed us around like dolls for his amusement, and if it wern't for his carelessness, he'd be ruling the world.

Lei shen would just lightning strike the frozen throne and break it like he broke the bridge and LK would take fall dmg and die.