Thread: Paintball

Paintball

Hi, Figured I might use this forum to help my "quest", searching for a paintball outfit, that looks somewhat like this: )the guy to the right).

And so far, I have only managed to find the mask and some pants that look alike, but no "top" that matches somewhat the image (aswell as the shoulder-ish part)

So if anyone knows where I'd be able to get this, that would be awsome, like a link to a page or something.

Also, while we are here, why not make this thread a "paintball" thread, where we can link pictures of our best paintball moments, videos of paintball, both just for fun and competitions.
    Or simply pictures of your set.

...Do you just want to look "cool," or do you want actual functionality in your gear for the field?

Mostly just "cool" I got most of the functionalty I need in a belt, or straps on my legs.
    I am basicly just looking for a top and shoulderpart for the "awsome" effect :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you like spending lots of money. Basically, you're looking at a plate carrier with some attached ballistic shoulder pads and a ballistic collar worn over a class III ballistic vest. You can get a get an imitation airsoft plate carrier and vest pretty cheaply, but the rest is going to cost you a lot of money since you're looking at functional law enforcement/military equipment. Alternately, you can try to buy some motorcycle gear that looks sort of like it, but that's still going to be pretty expensive.

Also, it'll be hot as shit and not fun to run around in.
    Last edited by Beavis; 2012-12-28 at 11:15 PM.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

If you're a wealthy guy who's really into scenario paintball, see Beavis' post.

If you play at most run-of-the-mill fields, stick to camo for woodsball and jerseys/cargos for speedball.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is real paintball:

10+ Year Old Account
    Speedball sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's just different. Woods ball / scenario is a game, xball/ speed ball is a sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    No it's just different. Woods ball / scenario is a game, xball/ speed ball is a sport.
    I know, I'm just being a jerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I know, I'm just being a jerk.
    its ok I was too with my first post

speaking of a paintball thead, how about this gem:

Nice one (at the movie) personally, I prefeer scenario, over the "sport" haven't really gotten any interest in it, plus, here in Norway, where I am from, there aren't really much of it, in fact, I don't think there is anyone doing that here, I do, however, know that there are a few "proffesion" tactical fight teams here, like, small scenario fights kinda taken from Counter-strike etc, you know, like "rescue" the hostages etc. with small teams.

Quote Originally Posted by wolphe View Post
    Mostly just "cool" I got most of the functionalty I need in a belt, or straps on my legs.
    I am basicly just looking for a top and shoulderpart for the "awsome" effect :P
    No I mean, armor is for...stopping a shot from getting to your flesh. That's why those two are bulky, because they go into heavy firefights. Paintball is paintball, you get shot, you're shot. Done. Personally I'd rather have agility so I'd go for as little armor as needed but that's just me.

As for your question, I'd say going to an army surplus store might net you with some stuff.

I'd also prefer something a little less bulky without the armour, sorry but if I want that shit I'll stick to laser quest, half the fun of paintball is counting the welts afterwards, also it allows a little more range of movement & speed thereof, while I don't mind getting shot I'm not adverse to moving to avoid it happening!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

I would hope you aim to play woodsball with all that garb on. Check Opsgear's the front page has exactly what you want today - ironically enough.

Deleted
    When I used to play played Airsoft and Paintball I dressed up as a Terrorist from Counter-Strike.

Looked really cool, especially in Airsoft as I used an AK-47 and was light and breezy. Airsoft + Paintball are very intensive, you need to be quite fit for them and you don't want to be lugging around loads of shit.