Poll: Did i ? And why ?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Did i make the right choice ? (Cinema Day gone bad)

Times posted are averages, not exact times
    Alright then,

The day starts at 6:00 pm when my friend calls and tells me that he and 2 of his friends are going to the movies and im invited. I said yes (since i didnt have anything to do)

Later

9:30 pm i call twice because he might forget or what were the plans are. No Answer

10:40 pm he calls and says he was too distracted playing Black Ops 2 on his Xbox 360 and tells me to come to his place,
    I tell him to send me his location since I have no clue where his house is.

He sends me 2 locations and one is one side of the town and he other is on the other side and both are ~30-40 mins drive avg.

I call him once, twice, till 7 times while i was in my car heating it up before I go to the right location.
    11:00 pm he calls and again he mentions he was too distracted and had his phone on silent and he told me he'll send the right location.

He never sent anything after the call ended.

So i decided to take a guess because once again he never answered his phone.
    and at 11:40 pm I arrive and call again more than 5 times and he don't answer.
    So i just looked around to find his car and it was no where to be found so i parked and waited.

Midnight (12:00 and movie started) he calls and says "OMG I WAS PLAYING AND THOUGHT IT WAS 11 PM STILL"
    and i tried my best to stay calm and told him
    (I may be outside, since you sent 2 locations and didnt tell meInterrupted
    "DUDE ILL TAKE A SHOWER THEN ILL BE OUTSIDE GIVE 5 ME MINS"

Here I decided to send him a text "Im going home"

12:15 am he texts me "You gotta be kidding me, not cool"

and here i decided to throw my phone away (back seat) before i call him and have a terrible conversation with him.
    Last edited by Gamez; 2012-12-28 at 10:15 PM.

To be honest he sounds like an idiot. You were right in going home but you should have just stayed home to begin with. If somebody is going to give you two addresses to go to, they're either fucking with you or are being really retarded and if they can't be bothered to pick up their phone to clarify, why bother going over?

Yes, he wasted your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    To be honest he sounds like an idiot. You were right in going home but you should have just stayed home to begin with. If somebody is going to give you two addresses to go to, they're either fucking with you or are being really retarded and if they can't be bothered to pick up their phone to clarify, why bother going over?
    Now that i think of it, what made me decide to take a guess in the first place lol .. ><
    I bothered going over because I expected him to finish his Black Ops 2 match and call which i was wrong.

Not sure why you're even questioning this. He acted like a douchebag and essentially wasted your evening. He'd rather play games than let you know what the deal is.

I wouldn't have bothered even if it was 15 mins away, let alone 40 mins..

Quote Originally Posted by Infs View Post
    Not sure why you're even questioning this. He acted like a douchebag and essentially wasted your evening. He'd rather play games than let you know what the deal is.

I wouldn't have bothered even if it was 15 mins away, let alone 40 mins..
    Call me an idiot, but I did this to show that I cared and wasn't an irresponsible idiot.

The reason why i ask this is that he sent me a message some time later and said "Thx for the skip dude" when i decided to look at my phone
    and decided im probably going nuts.

the 2 locations are linked by a long road that ends up being a fork, a wide one so this is where the lucky guess began and this is where i remembered the area's name but was still unsure and still am. he never did tell where and im not really interested anymore.

Next time it's either meet @ the cinema ...If i decided that there is a next time.
    Last edited by Gamez; 2012-12-28 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    Call me an idiot, but I did this to show that I cared and wasn't an irresponsible idiot.

The reason why i ask this is that he sent me a message some time later and said "Thx for the skip dude" when i decided to look at my phone
    He sounds like one of those people who never takes responsibility. He's the one that was distracted, he's the one that put off the plans because he wasn't forthcoming with information. In all honestly he skipped out first when he put the game ahead of getting together with you.

If you even bother with him again, just remember how it goes. Plan to get your chores out of the way while you're waiting for him to get his act together or get back to your with details. At least that way if he skips out again, your laundry will be done, your stove clean and your freezer defrosted.

As far as the driving there goes – you only proved you weren't irresponsible to yourself, which you hopefully already know. I highly doubt he would've noticed or cared.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post

the 2 locations are linked by a long road that ends up being a fork, a wide one so this is where the lucky guess began and this is where i remembered the area's name but was still unsure and still am. he never did tell where and im not really interested anymore.

Next time it's either meet @ the cinema ...If i decided that there is a next time.
    I probably would have sent an angry text saying why Im just going home because he is a selfish ass and we were late to the movie already anyway. It obviously wasnt that important to him anyway since he was more interested in playing xbox.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me of the meme (that I can't find now and can't post anyway) that says:
    "That friend says 'I'll be there in 5 min'
    Shows up 3 hours later"
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Your friend is a flake. You already put way more effort into it then I would have.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I voted no. Only because you should have ignored him WAY earlier since he fucked around giving you the wrong house location the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted no, you should have left way earlier, who the fuck sends 2 locations? He is clearly trying to piss you off.

Yeah it sounds like he was just dicking you around. I'm assuming you're not very close to this guy or you would probably have his address. I wouldn't end the friendship or anything but I'd be pretty firm about what he did was fucked up.

You could also get even with him and set up a scenario where you could ditch him and ruin his night. Tell him to meet you somewhere and don't show up, then when he calls tell him you were busy playing videogames. So busy that u couldn't press pause for 30 seconds to answer your goddamn phone.

And yeah like some people are saying...who the fuck sends 2 locations? Is there any reason for that? Was he at once place but planning on going to the other soon? If he never explained why he sent you 2 addresses that only leads me to believe even more that he was just dicking you around.

Next time just tell him you will meet him at the movie theater. That way if he doesn't show you can at least go in and enjoy the movie.

This is why I hate how prevalent texting has become. When I was a kid, you could ignore a ringing phone, but you damn well heard it ringing. Nowadays, everyone screens their phonecalls by default.

Your friend is a douchebag. You made the right decision.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Yeah good call going back home. Honestly though if it was me, I wouldn't have ever left my place until I got the one correct location. 30-40 min drive is quite a bit of gas that had been wasted I could tell you that, and then especially to get there and just turn right back around. I wouldn't have waited for him to take a shower, I'd just do exactly what you did and go back home

I have a friend who isn't that bad at being too distracted and forgetting what is going on, but can compare. It's hard to get a straight answer out of him, and then whenever I manage to get the answer, x amount of time has passed and I just don't feel like doing anything anymore

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

Deleted
    Even you are leaving your house with 2 different addresses I'd say you kinda failed from the get-go.

A friend of mine lived 3min away from me and he invited me to come over for a mini lan with him and 2 other classmates, 1 hr before I got told to be there he called me and told me it was cancled. I was fine with it and went to the football field for a while, when I was there a friend of ours wondered why I wasn't at the lan party. I told him that it was cancled but he said that it wasn't, I went and knocked on the door to the guy only to find out that he invited another person instead of me. He felt really bad about it and said sorry but I never spoke to him again, if you make plans with someone you don't ditch them and make plans with others... that's about as high as douchbaggery will go.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I guess you've not known him very long at all.

Since he is a "friend" but you don't know where he lives.

He sounds like an utter waste of space.

What an asshole.

I despise people like that.