Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
    Did this just start happening with the new computer?
    Yes it did just start, Never had latency problems before that i can remember to this extreme

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 08:00 PM ----------

[QUOTE=chazus;19607064]I'm super confused about your RAM situation.

You have... CPU - A1, A2, B1, B2

Did you mean you put it in B1?

Yes the Memory sticks are in B1 and B2 because A2 Doesnt work and A1 is blocked by CPU fan

A2 may well be broken. A1's functionality is partially dependant, and partially independant. No way to tell without testing. However with A2 not working, that says bad motherboard, probably.

Is it possible one of the pins where the processor sits in the motherboard could be bent? i heard of that before

Notably, have you tried A2 and B2? Since A2 works, and B1 and 2 work... You can still get dual channel. That doesn't fix your latency issue, but... It might help.. something... performance?

No A1 i havent tried because its blocked by CPU fan and A2 has not worked every time ive tried it in A2, Only B1 and B2 work

When you said your ping was 100-200, was that in the speed test listed above?[COLOR="red"]

no, 100-200 ping in WoW. And on the speed test i was getting from 50-100ish in mult. Tests

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 08:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    What the hell does ram have to do with latency.

Can you please just tell us your isp/location/take the speedtest.
    ISP? Location? What are you asking for idk what ISP is im sorry im not very good with computers and im new to terms and all of this.

I went to the link refered early to find it

I have taken the speed test Several times heres is one i just ran a minute ago

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2400634155.png

Ping:240
    download:8.64
    Upload: 0.54
    Last edited by zhodor; 2012-12-29 at 01:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're talking about ram configurations but don't know what an isp is. Alright...

Who do you pay for internet?

Comcast? Timewarner? At&t?

And how long has your internet been sucking.

ISP - Internet Service Provider

Have you contacted your ISP to see if they can improve your connection?

Im sorry, Its probably really frustrating to deal with me because i have no knowledge in this but like i said im learning all of this all at once, some things i have more knowledge in. Internet connection. IP adress, and related issues i dont have any clue about

Timewarner,
    Well i just built my computer one week ago and before that i didnt really do anything on the computer because well, i didnt have one and i was going to school so i didnt have time to play games. So its been sucking since i built my computer one week ago. BUTTT about a year ago when i was playing games i did not have latency issues at all that i remember.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 08:20 PM ----------

No i have not. Thats something i will for sure look in to. I hear they dont really do anything for people though when you tell them about it?

Quote Originally Posted by zhodor View Post
    Im sorry, Its probably really frustrating to deal with me because i have no knowledge in this but like i said im learning all of this all at once, some things i have more knowledge in. Internet connection. IP adress, and related issues i dont have any clue about

Timewarner,
    Well i just built my computer one week ago and before that i didnt really do anything on the computer because well, i didnt have one and i was going to school so i didnt have time to play games. So its been sucking since i built my computer one week ago. BUTTT about a year ago when i was playing games i did not have latency issues at all that i remember.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 08:20 PM ----------

No i have not. Thats something i will for sure look in to. I hear they dont really do anything for people though when you tell them about it?
    I have Timewarner for my WI Division work, once you contact them asking them to look into it don't let them slack with it. Call them again and again until they provide some results. I've only had a couple issues since I got them in WI and when I call I get an answer in a matter of minutes.

Im sorry but what is "My WI division work" that your refering to?

Im sorry but what is "My WI division work" that your refering to?
    I was referring to my work. I get to deal with Timewarner since I have an office in WI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could not having matching IP adresses cause Latency? Also i found i have a IPV4 Adress and a IPV6 Adress, whats the difference between the two Im basically trying to see if my IP adresses match with my router and if this could even cause Latency, Also what are your thoughts on getting a PCIE card to replace a Belkin N+ network Adapter to help with Latency mainly in WoW?

IF your concern is latency you'll need to reduce as much as you can on the connection. Wired, hard wired, cat5/6 directly to the router, if fiber optic service is available do that I think qwest is big and known, cable is plenty fast though and much more cost effective. That's it. You can try getting a Killer NIC but its more or less just packet resorting and I am sure you can download an app to that anyway. To answer your questions wireless connections are never as good as plugging directly into your source, get the PCIE card or build a box with an ethernet on board.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 09:18 PM ----------

I also see you have a ram concern, I don't believe your ram is the problem since your machine is booting and you get video and you haven't reported it rebooting unexpectedly. Your latency issue may be that some other device is now on your channel path that is big and using a lot of resources. If you have a wireless connection you may want to encrypt it and pass word it to keep unwanted people from using it and hogging up your resources. Also talk to your ISP to see if they offer higher bandwith. Also keep in mind if you are downloading large files for very long periods of time like torrents, your isp will throttle your connection to discourage that kind of usage, if you are uploading large files all the time they will the same. I feel strongly your ISP is trying to send you a message to either buy more bandwith or stop using so much of it.

When i wired directly to my router there was no difference so that means i could get a PCIE card but idk if its really going to help. I mean my network adapter right now isnt that bad its a 60 dollar network adapter i dont think it would make a difference getting a PCIE card but maybe it would? Could it be possible that my HDMI cord could be causing the problem?

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 09:30 PM ----------

"If you have a wireless connection you may want to encrypt it and pass word it to keep unwanted people from using it and hogging up your resources."

I am on a wireless connection, how does that work? How can i do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lot of... misinformation flying around.
    Ping:240
    download:8.64
    Upload: 0.54
    Your download is great. Your upload is okay, but that doesn't really matter. Your ping, while not atrocious, is probably the issue.
    Also talk to your ISP to see if they offer higher bandwith.
    No. You don't need more. You have what looks like a 8-9mb connection. 0.5 is all that WoW realy needs.
    Also keep in mind if you are downloading large files for very long periods of time like torrents, your isp will throttle your connection to discourage that kind of usage, if you are uploading large files all the time they will the same. I feel strongly your ISP is trying to send you a message to either buy more bandwith or stop using so much of it.
    Also, no. Or at least extremely unlikely. Your ISP is legally required to let you know if they are throttling your connection due to certain activities.
    that means i could get a PCIE card but idk if its really going to help
    No. Getting a different wireless won't help. Or at least, it won't fix the actual problem, which is your ping.
    Could it be possible that my HDMI cord could be causing the problem?
    No. HDMI is completely, entirely unrelated. It's like saying your windshield wipers cause your car to run out of gas.

You've hooked it up to the modem direct, which didn't solve the problem. This boils it down to one of four things.
    1) The connection to the ISP is screwed. Contact your ISP.
    2) The connection within the house lines, or underground to the street is screwed. Contact your ISP.
    3) The modem itself is bad. Contact your ISP.
    4) There is an actual problem with your computer. I imagine you have at least ONE friend, or family member, with a laptop that can run wow. Take a few minutes, play it with a direct connection. If the problem persists, refer to 1-3. If the problem is resolved, its your computer or software.

It is NOT your NIC. It is NOT your wireless. Both of these have the same identical issue, effectively ruling them both out as hardware problems. [EDIT] It is also not someone on your wireless network soaking up the bandwidth, because they can't do that when you're directly connected.

I'm not saying this is the issue, but the fact you have a possibly faulty motherboard may be causing power problems. This can cause a thousand different issues. While the RAM thing is likely not the source of the problem, it is still something that ought to be addressed, regardless.

To rule out software (like faulty drivers or something) You could burn a Hirens or WinPE CD, boot off that, go online and see if the problem persists with webpages. If it does, you can definitely call it a hardware issue.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Lot of... misinformation flying around.

Your download is great. Your upload is okay, but that doesn't really matter. Your ping, while not atrocious, is probably the issue.

No. You don't need more. You have what looks like a 8-9mb connection. 0.5 is all that WoW realy needs.

Also, no. Or at least extremely unlikely. Your ISP is legally required to let you know if they are throttling your connection due to certain activities.

No. Getting a different wireless won't help. Or at least, it won't fix the actual problem, which is your ping.

No. HDMI is completely, entirely unrelated. It's like saying your windshield wipers cause your car to run out of gas.

You've hooked it up to the modem direct, which didn't solve the problem. This boils it down to one of four things.
    1) The connection to the ISP is screwed. Contact your ISP.
    2) The connection within the house lines, or underground to the street is screwed. Contact your ISP.
    3) The modem itself is bad. Contact your ISP.
    4) There is an actual problem with your computer. I imagine you have at least ONE friend, or family member, with a laptop that can run wow. Take a few minutes, play it with a direct connection. If the problem persists, refer to 1-3. If the problem is resolved, its your computer or software.

It is NOT your NIC. It is NOT your wireless. Both of these have the same identical issue, effectively ruling them both out as hardware problems. [EDIT] It is also not someone on your wireless network soaking up the bandwidth, because they can't do that when you're directly connected.

I'm not saying this is the issue, but the fact you have a possibly faulty motherboard may be causing power problems. This can cause a thousand different issues. While the RAM thing is likely not the source of the problem, it is still something that ought to be addressed, regardless.

To rule out software (like faulty drivers or something) You could burn a Hirens or WinPE CD, boot off that, go online and see if the problem persists with webpages. If it does, you can definitely call it a hardware issue.
    One thing im a little confused about something you mentioned was that i could "Burn a hirens or winPE CD, boot off that, go online and see if the problem persists with webpages, If it does, you can definitely call it a hardware issue" - Because im not having problems with webpages i dont think. Not ever since i overclocked my CPU to 4.2 ghz from 3.8 at least. Which brings me to hoping that i dont have a faulty MOBO cause well, If i do. im screwed, warranty void if overclock i think. But anyway i think ill adress the issue in this order:

1Fix my memory problem so that my computer will read duel channel instead of single channel like its doing atm. I guess ill take off the Processor and see if any pins are bent underneath? Any suggestions on any other way to adress the issue would help alotttt.
    2.Proceed with the first 3 steps you mentioned above contacting ISP provider
    3. If none of that works, Try WoW on another computer with a direct connection?

Hows the order of my troubleshooting sound?

1Fix my memory problem so that my computer will read duel channel instead of single channel like its doing atm. I guess ill take off the Processor and see if any pins are bent underneath? Any suggestions on any other way to adress the issue would help alotttt.
    2.Proceed with the first 3 steps you mentioned above contacting ISP provider

Hows the order of my troubleshooting sound?
    Your ram problems, have nothing, absolute 0% - not a single bit to do with latency. Latency is the consistent rate of ping, ergo, how fast your computer/application is communicating with whatever it is wanting connect to on the internet.

If you want to determine if the problem lies with you(you being, you computer, another computer on your network, your router, or your modem) run a TRACERT - https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...g-a-traceroute - this article explains how, and gives sample wow address to try. The key here are the "Ping" numbers in MS - you will probably see a large spike somewhere in where it goes upto your 300-600ms, if this is after your modem(probably the third+ jumps, 1 being your router, 2 your modem if its separate) - if your see said spike outside of your network, it is a routing issue out on them internets(this does happen, more then people realize), contact your ISP (The people who give you the internets) - it will be a long and arduous process, and you will jump through tons of loops, but they will fix it eventually. Be persistent.

If, the problem lies inside your network, consider the following, any software running on any computer that requires a constant connection to the internet can affect your ping. This can include software updaters, voice and communication software, messengers, etc etc. Turn off all other computers, close all open applications, check the system tray or the task manager to ensure you close EVERYTHING. All software, antivirus, anything you can close, close it. Try wow again, fixed? Good - something was getting in the way of your wows internets. Reboot and continue this process, each time closing less until you figure out which application(s) are causing the problem. Not fixed? Consider what else might be running on your network, VOIP phones, cable TV, etc and all have an effect if not setup properly.

If all else fails, buy a new router that has QoS or you can install DDWRT on, set both wow and your computer to be #1 in priority, and laugh away.
    Last edited by teddytous; 2012-12-29 at 03:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because im not having problems with webpages i dont think. Not ever since i overclocked my CPU to 4.2 ghz from 3.8 at least.
    I'll be honest, I've looked at a lot of troubleshooting today, and I may have mistaken that from another post. Though, not that I'm niggling, it seems odd that overclocking from 3.8 to 4.2 would 'fix' anything.

warranty void if overclock i think.
    Sometimes, sometimes not. If you can clock it back down, they might not know? I'm not sure if a log is kept. But either way, the A2 slot never worked. So... yeah.

1Fix my memory problem so that my computer will read duel channel instead of single channel like its doing atm. I guess ill take off the Processor and see if any pins are bent underneath?
    To be honest, at least in my experience, once a board has been damaged, or if a 'pin is bent', it's sort of a done deal. If it were me, I'd just RMA and call it a day if it doesn't work 100%

I would do this first, since it would be the easiest thing to attempt and rule out

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    Your ram problems, have nothing, absolute 0% - not a single bit to do with latency. Latency is the consistent rate of ping, ergo, how fast your computer/application is communicating with whatever it is wanting connect to on the internet.

If you want to determine if the problem lies with you(you being, you computer, another computer on your network, your router, or your modem) run a TRACERT - https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...g-a-traceroute - this article explains how, and gives sample wow address to try. The key here are the "Ping" numbers in MS - you will probably see a large spike somewhere in where it goes upto your 300-600ms, if this is after your modem(probably the third+ jumps, 1 being your router, 2 your modem if its separate) - if your see said spike outside of your network, it is a routing issue out on them internets(this does happen, more then people realize), contact your ISP (The people who give you the internets) - it will be a long and arduous process, and you will jump through tons of loops, but they will fix it eventually. Be persistent.

If, the problem lies inside your network, consider the following, any software running on any computer that requires a constant connection to the internet can affect your ping. This can include software updaters, voice and communication software, messengers, etc etc. Turn off all other computers, close all open applications, check the system tray or the task manager to ensure you close EVERYTHING. All software, antivirus, anything you can close, close it. Try wow again, fixed? Good - something was getting in the way of your wows internets. Reboot and continue this process, each time closing less until you figure out which application(s) are causing the problem. Not fixed? Consider what else might be running on your network, VOIP phones, cable TV, etc and all have an effect if not setup properly.

If all else fails, buy a new router that has QoS or you can install DDWRT on, set both wow and your computer to be #1 in priority, and laugh away.
    Okay so i ran the TRACERT like you said to do and here is what i got....

1 2 ms 1 ms 2 ms
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 270 ms 301 ms 247 ms
    4 219 ms 238 ms 277 ms
    5 242 ms 210 ms *
    6 256 ms 223 ms 280 ms
    7 299 ms 246 ms 248 ms
    8 376 ms 357 ms 309 ms
    9 242 ms 308 ms 192 ms
    10 292 ms 360 ms 296 ms
    11 361 ms 373 ms 335 ms
    12 254 ms * *
    13 236 ms 240 ms 250 ms
    14 259 ms 327 ms 250 ms
    15 384 ms 189 ms 307 ms
    16 293 ms 300 ms 240 ms
    17 228 ms 275 ms 264 ms
    18 * * * Request timed out.
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
    24 * * * Request timed out.
    25 * * * Request timed out.
    26 * * * Request timed out.
    27 * * * Request timed out.
    28 * * * Request timed out.
    29 * * * Request timed out.
    30 * *

So since it timed out at 2 and then spikes to 300 like you said it would does it mean that its my modem causing the problems

10+ Year Old Account
    At first glance, yeah. It looks like it's either the modem, or connection. That doesn't mean it IS, but it's certainly something the ISP can go "Oh, hey. Something's F-d." and actually reproduce it.

The first hop is your router/modem and the second is your ISPs side of things. You definitely need to phone them and explain the situation.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    The first hop is your router/modem and the second is your ISPs side of things. You definitely need to phone them and explain the situation.
    I Will tomorow morning most likely or sunday morning, This has helpd So much guys i would be 50 steps behind where i am now if it wasnt for the help, Thank you Yohassakura, Chazus, Teddytous, And everyone else