Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Should the Frostwolves become neutral?

The Frostwolves, one of the more peaceful clans of orcs, settled in Alterac Valley. Though in Classic they had problems with dwarves over who owns said valley, they did manage to make a pact to make the dwarves move out. So between the Frostwolves and the dwarves now there's no conflict anymore.

Furthermore, during the current events, Drek'thar denies the aid of his orcs to the orc commander in the region and to the Forsaken, thus denying aid to the Horde in destroying the Alliance. The Frostwolves don't really have any quarrel with alliance races anymore and don't want to lend aid in destroying them even when asked by someone of a higher rank in leadership.

To add to this, Thrall, or Go'el (I prefer Thrall) is now mostly neutral helping the Earthen Ring for quite a while. And he's a former Frostwolf, an important one too, being the child of the former leaders of the Frostwolves.

And last, not many Horde factions have ever gone neutral, willing to put past differences aside for peace, and the Frostwolves would be perfect for that.

So, what do you think, should the Frostwolves go neutral in the war?

10+ Year Old Account
    As a member of the Alliance I am, seeing that a faction of the Horde goes to neutrality fill me with pride and satisfaction.

It would be the first time something like this happened, as it is still customary to be the Alliance factions which become neutrals...

I support it! Thrall and his whole clan neutral for the sake of Azeroth! Try what it feels sons of the Horde!

Will never happen. Only the Alliance lose people to neutrality permanently. You've had it all but confirmed Thrall is coming back (Not necessarily as the Warchief) and Malfurion still sits there watching his wife get beat down by 40 people.

Deleted
    the frostwolves dont support garrosh, they however do still support the horde overall.

might sound strange but they wont go neutral just because garrosh is in charge. they remain loyal too the horde, they just ignore all garrosh his commands atm.
    and wait for a more wise warchief

and how would Garosh take this? Going neutral is nothing short of a full betrayal of the horde, and as such the end of the Frostwolf clan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frostwolves are horde. They represent a better side of the horde that isn't lead by demons or tyrants.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Ummm it's not easy to say really.
    I mean I can certainly see such a thing happening due to the nature of the clan and it's obvious disagreements with the current Horde. In the end though I don't think I'd mind too much. I've never been happy with organisations that are obviously from one faction becoming neutral as a crutch for a plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    It would be the first time something like this happened, as it is still customary to be the Alliance factions which become neutrals...

Try what it feels sons of the Horde!
    While I can understand where you're coming from and you have every right to moan about this sort of thing happing (I know I have), I feel it's just a little childish almost to just support the idea of the other faction getting the same bad treatment. In an ideal world we should be hoping that it doesn't happen again and tht the Alliance factions serve as a reminder as to why it's bad.
    The damages done by the neutralising of Alliance factions is bad and only lately is being undone (Kirin Tor), but I would wish it on others.

Also I feel we should be nice and not turn this into a faction vs faction flame War about the treatment of the blues .

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    and how would Garosh take this? Going neutral is nothing short of a full betrayal of the horde, and as such the end of the Frostwolf clan.
    I wonder where he'll find the army to take them out considering he sent most of his forces to Pandaria and slapped the Alliance with a glove while he was at it.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-28 at 11:23 PM. Reason: he's=he'll
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    they still hate dwarves.

They are pretty much the same Orcs that fight / fought in AV, i doubt that they would ally with the same dwarves they fought over Alterac Valley, mostly because both blame eachother only to have acted rightfully by attacking the other one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't see it happening...

While I do see where you're coming from, I've lost faith in neutral factions after what they've done with the Kirin Tor. I'm just a peace-loving pacifist though. I'd rather war with monsters and world bosses than petty fights with the opposite faction and I'm one who really hopes they tone down the "faction war" aspect for the next expansion and make us have to work together more to fight whatever theme they give us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. The Horde will direly need their sort of mindset after Garrosh.

They're more or less neutral already though. They refused to aid the war effort in Cataclysm and haven't been seen or heard from since.

They are only Horde as a gameplay mechanic iirc. They are officially neutral. They turned to Thrall to get help with their fight against the Stormpike pillagers in the valley, but that's because Thrall is one of their own and they've no one else to turn to for assistance. I really don't get why the hell Druids would be aiding Stormpike though, makes 0 sense on account of the dwarves want to destroy the valley for resources and in a rare turn of events its Orcs who are the wardens of the land.

The Frostwolves shouldn't go neutral, they would abandon the rest of their people, instead they should join the rebellion and convince other orcs to join them in order to stop the senseless bloodshed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    the frostwolves dont support garrosh, they however do still support the horde overall.

might sound strange but they wont go neutral just because garrosh is in charge. they remain loyal too the horde, they just ignore all garrosh his commands atm.
    and wait for a more wise warchief
    But wasn't this the case with the Cenarion Circle too? I mean just think about it, in the end it was the Horde that killed their mentor, Cenarius, yet they passed their differences for peace, because they understood, that even though they were a mostly night elven organization, the best course of action for their race and their faction would be peace.

By what Drek said to the orc when he was asked about lending help to the Forsaken, the Frostwolves understood it too. Drek said he understands the pain of what he caused and regrets it. Then wouldn't he, and those that fought with him, understand that the only way to stop this pain is peace?

10+ Year Old Account
    They really need to make the frostwolves into a larger dynamic within the horde, instead of an offshot clan or orcs (and other races). After Garrosh and his warsong and blackrock loyalists, the horde, the orcs more then anything, will be in dire need of something to inspire a new way of thinking, and I hoped they would establish the frostwolves a lot more by now.

Still, it seems like the whole Rexxar argument again, great concepts but blizzard prefers to ignore them
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    They are pretty much the same Orcs that fight / fought in AV, i doubt that they would ally with the same dwarves they fought over Alterac Valley, mostly because both blame eachother only to have acted rightfully by attacking the other one.
    Actually, that conflict has been resolved. Why do you think the dwarves were sitting on those hills? It was because they were leaving Alterac Valley and thought they should instead take some of the lands from the Forsaken.

Plus, I never said they'd go Alliance, neutral is neutral. It means you support neither side in the war. Like Switzerland in WW2. Or are you going to say Switzerland was allied with the Axis simply because it wasn't an Ally?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post

By what Drek said to the orc when he was asked about lending help to the Forsaken, the Frostwolves understood it too. Drek said he understands the pain of what he caused and regrets it. Then wouldn't he, and those that fought with him, understand that the only way to stop this pain is peace?
    Drek'thar has no problems with killing people from the Alliance if it meaningful and it depends how they are killed. He has a classical orc mindset and forsaken are almost the opposite to it, since they fight with deception and mass murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Drek'thar has no problems with killing people from the Alliance if it meaningful and it depends how they are killed. He has a classical orc mindset and forsaken are almost the opposite to it, since they fight with deception and mass murder.
    Drek is probably the oldest living orc right now, and as such as most older orcs will attest to, learning the lessons from the past is meant to prevent those mistakes being repeated in the future, something that currently seems to be forgotten in the young orc warrior's mindset.
    #boycottchina

It will be kinda weird that if a neutral faction that is made up from only 1 race which is horde's race. I have never seen something like that. Cenarion Circle,Argent crusade and all neutral faction welcome every race to join their rank.