Deleted

I raise my glass in salute...

...to my cat, Sixten, who passed away earlier today.

I write this in honor to a great friend, might aswell call it a brother, with whom I've shared many great memories.

I'm not what you would call an emotional person, but this has brought tears to my eyes. I... I just don't know what to do, I feel like utter shit. I guess the only reason behind this thread is to write some of the sadness away.

So, why don't we make this to a salute thread, where we can salute our loved ones, in life or in death?
    I'll start;

It was a cold winter morning, I was following my father out hunting. (Note, we live on what some would call a farm, got woods and fields surrounding the house and all that stuff) Anyways, shooting out from the woods comes Sixten, with a fox right on his tail. They started to run in circles on the field, we thought that the fox was going to get him, but Sixten had another plan. All of a sudden he stopped right in his tracks, turned around and smacked the fox right across the nose. The fox, who I believe got really surprised turned away, and started to head for the protection of the woods. Any sensible cat should have been happy with that and let him run, but not Sixten... He started chasing this poor fox and the hunter became the hunted =P

This is just one of many amazing, surprising memories I share with this cat. I'm really going to miss him...

So, cheers for Sixten, an amazing buddy who I'll never forget!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    *****Hugs*****

Deleted
    I'm Sorry for your loss I lost my dog about 2 years ago now, I had had her since I was a small child and she lived to be 19 yrs old.

It's not fair that they don't live longer, somehow you feel like the time you had wasn't enough.

But it's nice to hear that you must have given that cat a really good home, and hopefully he had a happy life

Deleted
    Sorry to hear that! May he rest in peace!

10+ Year Old Account
    I raise a glass in your and his honor, my friend. It's always sad when one's pet dies

Deleted
    To all the pets who make our days more jolly, our homes brighter and our lives more lively; I raise my glass to you.

R.I.P Foxhunter Sixten.

And to my late dog, Mozart. As you let out your last, dying breath in my arms, you looked upon me and dropped the tennis ball you had played with since you were a pup in my hand, while your head gently rested against my chest and your tail wagged untill it could wag no longer. You were always a puppy in my eyes, even at the age of 12 and I will never forget growing up with you. You would know when I was sad, and nothing would get in your way to get to me, doors be damned, to cheer me up. You would always bring me your toys, especially your tennis ball, and we'd throw it around in the garden. You were always kind to my friends and they loved you for your charms and your warm personality. You were playfull untill the moment you died. You never lost faith in me, even when I scalded you. If I was angry your playfull ways would force a smile upon my lips and when I was happy, you would share my joy.

So indeed, to all the pets we have loved and lost; They will always be remembered for the impacts they had on our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Random Guy View Post
    ...to my cat, Sixten, who passed away earlier today.

I write this in honor to a great friend, might aswell call it a brother, with whom I've shared many great memories.

I'm not what you would call an emotional person, but this has brought tears to my eyes. I... I just don't know what to do, I feel like utter shit. I guess the only reason behind this thread is to write some of the sadness away.

So, why don't we make this to a salute thread, where we can salute our loved ones, in life or in death?
    I'll start;

It was a cold winter morning, I was following my father out hunting. (Note, we live on what some would call a farm, got woods and fields surrounding the house and all that stuff) Anyways, shooting out from the woods comes Sixten, with a fox right on his tail. They started to run in circles on the field, we thought that the fox was going to get him, but Sixten had another plan. All of a sudden he stopped right in his tracks, turned around and smacked the fox right across the nose. The fox, who I believe got really surprised turned away, and started to head for the protection of the woods. Any sensible cat should have been happy with that and let him run, but not Sixten... He started chasing this poor fox and the hunter became the hunted =P

This is just one of many amazing, surprising memories I share with this cat. I'm really going to miss him...

So, cheers for Sixten, an amazing buddy who I'll never forget!
    My cat got lost once in the city. I though he was gone forever. He came back a few weeks later to my surprise at the window of my backyard. He was dirty and very cold and for once he appreciated a warm wash.

Losing a pet is a hard thing. I lost my cat because of some liver condition. It's very unfortunate and very hard to get over the loss but my feelings go out to your cat and may he rest peacefully.