Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I dont think Shamanistic Rage can help us a lot……

ele shaman should change our name to paper shaman……just one Shamanistic Rage in 5.2 can help us what?

glyphed its a almost a second trinket

On a one minute CD if I remember correctly. With an duration of 15 seconds.
    If you do not find that helpful...

If your gemming pvp power ur doing it wrong my ele shaman friend full resil gemming is the way,for instance i have 10k resil atm and shamanistic rage is kind of a game changer cd as it will get u out of cc and its a really good defensive cd

lol... its the best thing t o happen to ele shaman ever, shut up
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

im already counting its ENDLESS uses in pve situations for ele, literally every boss im going, yup has a good use, and thats outta 16....so bring on t15 with 13 bosses with many many good uses for sham rage!

What's not to like about a 30% damage reduction ability that lasts for 15 seconds, break stun, and is on a 1 min CD? It may not be the be-all end-all to ele survival problems, but it's a very welcome addition.

Shamanistic Rage isn't the holy grail of defense, but if you consider that you can use it to break magic Stuns, it's pretty strong.

I think you are underestimating shamanistic rage. It's a defensive CD that we didn't have to give up other stuff to get (ex. giving up old stoneclaw for new SBT). The glyph for Shamanistic rage is also a nice bonus.

Sure there are still wishlists for elemental PvP, but this is a good start. Still wishing for:

1) better shock system for PvP (managing 3 is a little much for PvP)
    2) weapon imbues off the GCD (makes UF so much more attractive)
    3) a better escape tool from melee
    4) some form of immunity to interrupts, since we mostly hard cast

Those are just a few, but maybe in 5.3 we'll get more stuff

PS: Can shamanistic rage be used while silenced to remove strangulate, silence, garote, etc...? Never really liked playing enhance so I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post

PS: Can shamanistic rage be used while silenced to remove strangulate, silence, garote, etc...? Never really liked playing enhance so I don't know.
    Shamanistic Rage is according to wowhead considered as physical Spell, so it should be useable while silenced.

Works however not on Garrote Silence, since it's not a magical silence.

I think you are underestimating shamanistic rage. It's a defensive CD that we didn't have to give up other stuff to get (ex. giving up old stoneclaw for new SBT). The glyph for Shamanistic rage is also a nice bonus.

Sure there are still wishlists for elemental PvP, but this is a good start. Still wishing for:

1) better shock system for PvP (managing 3 is a little much for PvP)
    2) weapon imbues off the GCD (makes UF so much more attractive)
    3) a better escape tool from melee
    4) some form of immunity to interrupts, since we mostly hard cast

Those are just a few, but maybe in 5.3 we'll get more stuff

1. frozen power reducing/removing damage and removing the cooldown on frost shock could be a possibility, or 3s flame shock CD like in wrath
    2. would be nice but its not really fair
    3. 22s thunderstorm CD is fine, the problem is more general survivability than ability to kite id say.
    4. no. these do not belong in the game.

no you cant sham rage while silenced.
    Maeros@Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    1. frozen power reducing/removing damage and removing the cooldown on frost shock could be a possibility, or 3s flame shock CD like in wrath
    There have been many suggestions that could work, but imo something should be done. Elemental is in a weird state when looking at DoTs. DoT heavy classes have dispel protection, while others don't have a cooldown on DoTs. Elemental doesn't get either, getting the short end of both sticks in this regard.

I could live with a shorter FS cooldown, but then that takes some skill cap out of the PvE rotation. I still think the best solution is something to reset the cooldown of FS if it's dispelled.

2. would be nice but its not really fair
    It's not like you can get multiple buffs/debuffs up at the same time. UE still has a 15 second cd no matter what imbue you have, so I fail to see how its unfair. Even live there is a workaround to this, it just requires getting 3 weapons and using weapon swap macros. Having weapon imbues off the gcd I'd still use macros, but it would remove the need for weapon swaps and an extra GCD after the spell.

3. 22s thunderstorm CD is fine, the problem is more general survivability than ability to kite id say.
    The problem is most melee are basically immune to snares/roots these days. If they went back to the days where snares actually meant something then I would agree. That doesn't seem to be where they want the game to go however.

4. no. these do not belong in the game.
    You have to give casters a chance to cast. With most melee having near 100% up-time on targets it's harder than ever hard casting spells. I think in the long term reducing the number of snares, roots, and gap closers is the better solution but they just keep adding more. It's not hard to watch out for immunities anyways. Furthermore there are still ways to interrupt casts through them, just not an interrupt/silence.

You have to give casters a chance to cast. With most melee having near 100% up-time on targets it's harder than ever hard casting spells. I think in the long term reducing the number of snares, roots, and gap closers is the better solution but they just keep adding more. It's not hard to watch out for immunities anyways. Furthermore there are still ways to interrupt casts through them, just not an interrupt/silence.
    anything but aura masteries. it was fine when pallies and disc had it, its just stupid when half of the classes that cast have it. like, warlocks, seriously? thats bad enough, give it to ele and watch the lols happen
    Maeros@Illidan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    What's not to like about a 30% damage reduction ability that lasts for 15 seconds, break stun, and is on a 1 min CD? It may not be the be-all end-all to ele survival problems, but it's a very welcome addition.
    I think people's concern, as you state yourself, "It may not be the be-all end-all to ele survival problems" and chances that they further increase our survivability is quite low.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 09:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by roger_66 View Post
    ele shaman should change our name to paper shaman……just one Shamanistic Rage in 5.2 can help us what?
    On a player Flame Shock deals 33k(63% resil) including the initial hit and one dot being a crit

33k / 23,27 = 1,4k DPS

On 3 targets that would be 4,2k DPS.

So with the glyph and Flame Shock on 3 targets that is a 2,1k HPS 'hot'.

In comparison, Gift of the Naaru is around 4,6k HPS.
    Second Wind is 10-12k HPS
    Healing Stream is 4.2k HPS

I'd say it's quite decent. Gift of the Naaru and Healing Stream do quite some healing, so a 50% perm version of those should be okay. Not sure if worth a glyph spot though. I know I'm not counting in MS effects.

Also the 25% increase in flameshock duration regarding PvP is huge. It's around 5-6 sec more to flameshock which basically allows us to use another shock inbetween refreshing Flame Shock. Also EM on 1 min CD is quite a buff, and a good choice for PvP imo.

You also need to look at changes to locks and mages: locks have gotten blood fear removed which is a HUGE nerf. They also nerfed their survivalbility. They also nerfed mages survivalbility slighty and removed BOTH locks and mages blanket silence. When those get nerfed we indirectly get buffed.

So let's wait for 5.2 with creating unconstructive whine threads

It won't save the spec, but it's a welcome addition. Hopefully more in in the works that they haven't released yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    >1 min cd
    >30% flat DR
    Glyphed:
    >Breaks Deep Freeze
    >Breaks HoJ
    >Removes Combustion
    >Perfects cold fusion and solves world hunger

its a nice change but will not solve the issues, we need some love in the new year, hope Blizzard gives us some new toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooprbamp View Post
    >1 min cd
    >30% flat DR
    Glyphed:
    >Breaks Deep Freeze
    >Breaks HoJ
    >Removes Combustion
    >Perfects cold fusion and solves world hunger
    >usable while stunned (CS, pet stun, etc.)
    >mana-free offensive spells and totems for 15 secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    Got an ele shaman as my main, ill take any buff i can atm, i got a spriest too and it got 8 shields a minute wich 4 of them are on the myself, wich all absorbs for more than stone bulwark, and just spriests got everything compared, i feel so gimped after played my spriest..