View Poll Results: Should there be / should there have been a 3rd faction in WoW

Voters
79. This poll is closed
  • Yes, but now there is no going back.

21 26.58%
  • Yes, and there is still hope for this idea.

17 21.52%
  • No, it could never have worked in this game.

33 41.77%
  • I have a better idea!!

4 5.06%
  • I do enjoy a delicious pear from time to time.

18 22.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    10+ Year Old Account

Should there be / should have been a 3rd faction introduced to WoW?

Maybe this has been discussed before and I missed it, but whatever; I'm curious.

Do you think there should have been or could still be a 3rd faction for WoW?

Reason being, I play on a RPPVP server (emerald dream) as a forsaken. My character is not blind to the innate good that some people have despite their faction. Some people obviously are your enemy but some people obviously aren't; despite their skin.

I don't run around ganking anyone. They're allowed to all prove whether or not they're good in my eyes. That typically works against me as I don't attack unless I see the alliance attacking someone who didn't deserve it. I only defend people and myself; So I lose more than I win.

However, it makes me feel good when I help out people of both factions and we all work together for the greater good despite our differences. As silly as it is, I've been enjoying fighting side-by-side with the alliance to down the GREENCH every day during winter veil and they seem to be amused by me as well.

I would have personally been interested in a 3rd neutral faction... I think races like goblins, pandarens and ethereals (also, gnolls, quillboars, tuskarr, etc.) should or could have been in a neutral faction that could participate with or ignore either side in some way. Obviously there would be problems with that, but I think it could work.

It would also be a very interesting potential faction for rogues / spies / mercenaries to work.

Blizzard has had previous experience with more than two factions (Warcraft 3 & Starcraft). However, I seriously doubt they'd ever have any reason to implement this into wow. But still, I'm curious how other people feel about it.
    Last edited by WarlockJack; 2012-12-29 at 12:18 AM.

I wish I could play an evil faction, instead of the current boring, stupid set-up where both factions are mostly gray in morality. My char is a forsaken; it wants all life to become undead or die trying, but instead I spend my time helping pandas and working to avert a war. Why? Let's have war. More war. War everywhere. More dead is good. I wish I could've stabbed that stupid troll in the chest and brought his head along to Garrosh.

I would've killed Anduin in the temple of the white tiger, too, in front of the eyes of that useless tauren dawnwhatever-guy.
    Last edited by Simulacrum; 2012-12-29 at 02:30 AM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

From a lore perspective, it could certainly be interesting. My major concern, and a reason why I would not want to see it implemented, is that Blizzard already has a hard enough time balancing faction populations on servers... I feel that adding another faction would only promote greater imbalances and further harm low population realms and factions.

Night Elves and Forsaken should've never joined the Alliance and Horde; they should've represented a neutral play outside the overall war, doing their own thing and interacting with both sides to achieve their own goals. It would've been too hard to make work though and there's no chance of it now.

My char is a forsaken; it wants all life to become undead or die trying
    So all those Forsaken in the Argent Dawn and Argent Crusade are doing what exactly?

I'd rather have a very evil 3rd faction, like being the Scourge or Burning Legion. Their quests would be about destroying some Alliance and Horde bases in the zones they quest in, while the Alliance and Horde counterpart is to save their bases.

Random Scourge idea as a faction:

- Skeleton (capital Icecrown Citadel)
    - Unique Cult of the Damned humans (capital Naxxramas)
    - Nerubian (capital Azjol-Nerub)
    - Ice troll (capital Drak'tharon Keep)
    - Vrykul (capital Utgarde Keep)
    - Ghost (capital Stratholme or Scholomance)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'd rather have a very evil 3rd faction, like being the Scourge or Burning Legion. Their quests would be about destroying some Alliance and Horde bases in the zones they quest in, while the Alliance and Horde counterpart is to save their bases.
    While not of interest to me personally, I didn't really think of this idea at all and would totally entertain it as the 3rd or 4th faction. Its kinda like Starcraft where the Protoss and Terrans fight each other but really, the Zerg are the evil force against the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    So all those Forsaken in the Argent Dawn and Argent Crusade are doing what exactly?
    Thats why he said my character.

OT: I dont like it tbh, I've grown a full hatred for the alliance since my leveling days, I feel like I cant hate anyone as I hate them. That being said a tird faction would feel like a somewhat grey faction to me... My enemy but not so much? meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would cause significant problems in things such as questlines, end game content, pvp, balancing, and drastic restructuring across the entire game surpassing those of Cata. I don't see it ever happening; you'd have to essentially start a brand new game and structure it around three factions, like how DAoC was set up possibly.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been 2 factions since 1994 and the story has been mainly about the conflict of these 2 groups. There is no room for a third playable faction and there will never be. I wish people would stop asking for that, that's gotta be the worse reoccurring "new" idea that pops every week in this forum.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    3 factions would create a whole host of new balancing issues and what not
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

hmm a neutral faction could solve the PVP ganking if you don't like the world pvp join the Neutral faction.