Some issues on first build

Hey guys, I recently asked around here to see what parts to choose for my first build, which have arrived recently. I have been putting together the PC and have now done everything except the wiring and placing the video card into the motherboard. I am getting a little confused with the wiring though, first of all I have a 1394 cable but nowhere that it will fit (except for USB plugs on the motherboard which I read is not compatible with firewire.) My case is a corsair 500r and it has a fan control, I can see where the fans are connected but it seems like only the front ones are, the back and side fans are 3pinhole plugs and i can't see anywhere to plug them in other than on the motherboard. Thanks in advance for your time.

P.S Here is build if it helps; https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php...ion=wish_lists

Asus p8z77v lk specs Asus website does not say it has a fire wire internal connection point, Im assuming this is a fire wire port for your case I wouldnt worry to much about it since not to many people really utilize fire wire.

1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (4 -pin)
    3 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (4 -pin)

Thats what you get for fans on the motherboard but you should be able to plug your 3 pin fans into the 4 pin connections just fine the little plastic tab should fit around it with 1 pin showing.

Edit: The corsair 500r has a propietary fan controller I believe if thats what you are asking which I believe only supports the fans that come with the case and your fans you purchased will need to be plugged into the mother board. Someone else that owns the case might have to chime in on that part since I dont own one.
    Last edited by demonskies; 2012-12-29 at 03:17 AM.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014