Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Zandalar is now under the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    Filled with Gilgoblins.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    Inc Atlantis raid/zone.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31228

3 minutes in. He does have a voice actor but you can't hear it in the video.

We NEED dis land! Da cataclysm destroyed our home!
    Zandalar is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zandalar is gone
    Why should we trust him?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It was said Zandalar was destroyed, but we don't know the full extend of the damage. Maybe the island sunk to the bottom, or it sustained such significant damage that it can no long support the Zandalari civilazation. Even after patch 5.2 I suspect we have not seen the last of the Zandalari. We still have not heard what has happened to King Rastakhan, their leader.

Well, destroyed in the context of the Cataclysm either means it sunk to the bottom of the ocean or suffered from earthquakes/volcanoes. Speculate however much you want about the extent of the destruction, it still means it won't be in 5.2.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

im sick of the beating trolls take... they are the master race of the horde and yet.. blizz tends to fuck them up every time. hopefully blizz gets it right and gives them some justice... the old ZG/ZG raids were awesome.. then they got butchered.. now trolls in pandaria are portrayed as just some pathetic mongrel race that got shat on and are homeless( to say). hopefully we see blizzard fix them and have a fun time outta it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zandalar, a large island with a great historical background... did you know that Zandalar is the only area of Azeroth that has survived unscathed to the Great Sundering of the War of the Ancients 10,000 years ago thanks to the powerful Zandalari magic?, and now a soft cataclysm produced by the consequences of Deathwing's Shattering has been able to completely destroy it? I do not believe it; it can be affected, but not destroyed. At least I am not going to believe this false prophet, self-appointed leader of the Zandalari, who is leading his people to self-destruction, certainly against the will of their true leader, the King Rastakhan.

Unless... unless Blizzard is too lazy to recreate it as it is stipulated in the lore:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Zandalar is a tropical and lush large island, being crowned by the Mount Mugamba, the highest peak on the island, rising from its center. Troll ziggurats are scattered throughout the jungle, as are troll totems and huts. Zandalar boasts impressive wildlife as well, and is a prime hunting ground, highlighting the varied and abundant species of dinosaurs, from which the Zandalari take good advantage. Its weather is warm and the rains are constant (except on Mugamba, where the rain turns to snow). Zuldazar, the capital city of Zandalar, is built in a series of giant ziggurats that look like a towering mountain from a distance. From there, the wise and respected King Rastakhan, an ancient and formidable witch doctor and keeper of troll lore, rules over all Zandalari.
    As I explained in my plea, it would be more useful from the point of view of the lore, that Zandalar remains, and the Zandalari join the Horde of Vol'jin to preserve the troll race in Azeroth, by and for the Horde. At the end of the day, King Rastakhan will be indebted to Vol'jin when he finished with the false prophet Zul that with his vile magic poisons to the last uncorrupted trolls.

Moreover, the recent events that have faced the orcs of Garrosh with the Darkspear trolls show that the Echo Isles are not a comfortable home for trolls, as they need their own living space and not always be subjugated by their orcish allies. And what better opportunity that the reintroduction of Zandalar as the new home of all the uncorrupted trolls of Azeroth, the trolls of the Horde, and the absorption of the Darkspear tribe by the Zandalari, the founders of troll civilization in Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    3 minutes in. He does have a voice actor but you can't hear it in the video.

Zandalar is gone.
    I know, I did those quests in-game. That actually explains why the Zandalari are so eager to expand.

But it may be a partial destruction. Enough to make the island lack resources, and the troll population starve, or fight among themselves for the remaining land.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Absolutely never, unless Blizzard made a disgusting retcon of giant proportions.
    Illidan: "I live to hunt demons like you."
    Ilidan BC: "I should put together a demon army complete with consorts and generals and spend my time hunting non-Demons."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Illidan: "I live to hunt demons like you."
    Ilidan BC: "I should put together a demon army complete with consorts and generals and spend my time hunting non-Demons."
    That isn't retconning, but character development.

I would rather expect it, or what is left of it, to be introduced when we further explore the South Seas. One possibility for this is during the Azshara expansion.

Alternatively it was destroyed so that we could ignore it forever.

*If* Zandalar got totally destroyed by the Cataclysm, where did the Trolls met during the 4.1 Trailer?

I know it's actually just Yojamba Isle in Strangle, but actually they are supposed to met on Zandalar.

Maybe destroyed means as much as inhabitable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    *If* Zandalar got totally destroyed by the Cataclysm, where did the Trolls met during the 4.1 Trailer?

I know it's actually just Yojamba Isle in Strangle, but actually they are supposed to met on Zandalar.

Maybe destroyed means as much as inhabitable.
    It probably was Zandalar, but it seems like Blizzard just pulled the plot for 4.1 out of nowhere because they had to give us a filler until 4.2. The entire point in 4.1 was to prevent the troll tribes from uniting, but as you see, they are all together now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't mind visiting the ravaged Zandalar one day. As people have pointed out, destroyed doesn't mean it was totally wiped out of existence, just ravaged to the point of being uninhabitable.

Would make for a cool spooky zone concept - a devastated jungle island wracked by earthquakes, chasms, volcanoes, and floods, and so much corrupted troll magic floating around that the entire place is crawling with undead - ghosts and reanimated dinosaurs and evil loa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I don't see why not. If the other datamined map hasn't been specifically identified yet and we know one of them is the Thunder King's Raid, then the mysterious green island is almost certainly a troll covered one.
    I'll tell you why not.

Its because Zandalar IS DESTROYED.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Wouldn't mind visiting the ravaged Zandalar one day. As people have pointed out, destroyed doesn't mean it was totally wiped out of existence, just ravaged to the point of being uninhabitable.

Would make for a cool spooky zone concept - a devastated jungle island wracked by earthquakes, chasms, volcanoes, and floods, and so much corrupted troll magic floating around that the entire place is crawling with undead - ghosts and reanimated dinosaurs and evil loa.
    It sank into the ocean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollze View Post
    It sank into the ocean.
    Got a source on this? Something that explicitly states that Zandalar has sunk entirely and nothing at all remains?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollze View Post
    I'll tell you why not.

Its because Zandalar IS DESTROYED.

It sank into the ocean.
    We do not know the currently state of Zandalar, we just know that the huge isle has suffered the cataclysm like the rest of Azeroth. But thinking that Zandalar has completely disappeared is venturing too far.

In fact we only know the version of that prophet Zul...

Indeed, until Kezan, that suffered the Cataclysm in an apocalyptic form, has not been destroyed and we can visit it in the near future, whose sovereignty will be of the Horde, as is right.

Zandalar will rise again! The cradle of the troll civilization will rise from its ashes if necessary... the Zandalari will not surrender, King Rastakhan won't allow it! Zuldazar will shine with light itself!

The Zandalari are being ruled by a despot, a visionary who has annulled the reason of the King Rastakhan in order to direct himself the fate of the Zandalari. That prophet Zul wants to restore the troll supremacy in Azeroth, his own supremacy, and for it he has betrayed the confidence the King placed in him, and now leads the sons of Zandalar to ruin!

But all is not lost ... someone can prevent that the last troll tribe ends up like the others: mired in corruption and self-destruction. And that is the new leader of the Horde, Vol'jin.

Vol'jin will get overthrow that prophet traitor and will end his dream of greatness. Only he can return reason to the wise King Rastakhan and earn the respect and admiration of his troll brothers.

The feat of Vol'jin will serve as inspiration to the Zandalari, and they will see that for not extinct and for that their civilization is not diluted in the sands of time they have only one option: the Horde. The Zandalari will see that only as full members of the Horde they will have the capacity to be present in the decisions that will shape the future of Azeroth.

In addition, as a fundamental part of the new Horde of Vol'jin, the Zandalari have full support of all the races of the Horde to rehabilitate their home, Zandalar. For their part, King Rastakhan will offer full support to the Horde, both his ancient knowledge and as their powerful military and naval force.

Moreover, because the Vol'jin's obligations as Warchief of the Horde will prevent him taking over the Darkspear tribe, the Darkspear will be integrated into Zandalari society, and will make Zandalar their home, Zuldazar their capital, and Rastakhan their king, albeit they will continue showing all due respect to the Warchief Vol'jin in particular and the rest of the Horde in general.

By an Horde more united and stronger! Lok'tar ogar comrades!