Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes getting ganked over and over again sucks big time, I endured 3 or so years of it myself before I got sick and tired of it and changed to a PvE realm.
    That's all you need to do, change realm.

Either that, or stay on a PvP realm. Sure it's expensive to transfer, but is it worth staying on a PvP realm just to have the ganking and whatnot continue ?

Can you honestly say the $25 is worth it? Your vote matters, GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Darthcullen View Post
    No pvp did not happen at all in the time I went through vanilla and the start of bc, then the end of wotlk onward. I am perfectly in my rights to attribute the changes in gameplay to the CRZ changes. It is also right to attribute the changes to my own decisions. My decision was the first though, thus I feel like it should not be punished by a change made later. If I joined a pvp realm after the CRZ changes then I am at greater fault, but since I started before, and there was NO anticipation by anyone that in the future, whole areas would be made unplayable by pvp, I am at less fault for the changes in gameplay.
    The fact is, you are complaining about PvP on a PvP realm. Blizzard effectively realigned the server types, and that sucks for the people that find themselves on the wrong type, but you have no choice but to swallow it. If that means quitting, so be it. The game is better off now and WoW could stand to shed a bit of water weight.

Deleted
    Darthcullen.

Alright, now I understand better where you're comming from. I'll still stick to what everybody else has said aswell, that the only thing you can do is A: Accept things are as they are and deal with it or B: Pay $25 and move on. You transferred there to play with your cousin some years ago, and while that's a kind and meritous gesture on your side, it's not anybody else' fault. You could've rolled a new character to play with your cousin or opted to make your cousin come to you.

But even then, that's easy to say in hindsight, so I get your frustration. I get that it sucks to be in your situration, but you really can't blame anybody else. And it's not because anybody removed anything, you just got what could/should've been expected in the first place. Others have felt what you're feeling, others have been just as angry but it's, as often reffered to, a dead horse being beaten. The complaining has stopped, those who wanted to move, moved or accepted the fate they put themselves in and that's about it.

I can't solve it for you neither. I can, howver, perhaps help you cope with it without so much anger and frustration. How about that? =)

You said you're a Vanilla player which is where this first strikes me as odd, since the game was far more unforgiving back then in many other aspects, but the times have been gradually changing and I guess you've just gotten used to it like most of us.

Your first step is to tell yourself; I am entitled to nothing. I should not recieve handouts because a game I do not own, but only pay to play under the terms and conditions of the owners of this game, so I should have nothing for free. I should enjoy what I am paying for but expect no more and no less. I have the option of paying to enjoy the game more than I am/start enjoying the game which I was previously not, but it is neither forced upon me, nor do I not have any other alternatives to enjoying the game. I can stop playing if I feel strongly enough about it or I can stop being negative and negatively impact myself and focus on the brighter things. I have rights or entitlement to nothing over anyone else, and I will accept that I am getting what I am paying for, pay a minor fee to change that which is optionable, or stop playing. Being negative benefits neither myself or those around me.

When you've told yourself that, it's time for realization. Consider what you just said to yourself and figure, do I wanna hang around with this or am I gonna call quits? Or will I pay the fee and return to what I like about the game and experiece CRZ as a huge benefit instead of something bothering me?

You should now realize that the sense of entitlement was misplaced. Common sense dictates that you're now ready to make a choice. And the best part, is you can ALWAYS back down from 2 of the 3 choices. Or later on change the third choice albeit the $25 will have been spent and are non-refundable, but if I ask you "Except the CRZ, do you enjoy the game?" and the answer is "Yes" then I don't see why it's not worth it. If the answer is "No, I also dislike X" then I am sorry to say, it's time you find something you DO like instead.

As much as I love WoW and always say "The more the merrier" it's not for everyone. Some people outgrow it, some grow back to it. But if you DO love the game, CRZ aside, then why is it a problem to roll with the punches or pay that fee to change?

Either way, make the self realization first, then come back to me about your choice. I am legitimately interrested to see what you got out of all this =)

10+ Year Old Account
    @Darthcullen

Stop bringing up Vanilla, pretty please? Expel Harm is an ability for Monks. You are leveling ... a Monk. Monks are MoP content and CRZ is too, there was no surprise. You're flailing away with a red herring. This is not some grizzled veteran of the bad old days with months of accumulated /played. Honestly, if you don't know about food and bandages and think Expel Harm is your only healing ... I find it hard to believe that you played in Vanilla.

Kasperio (I don't really want to quote your posts because this is directed for you not your posts) I honestly just want to experience pve content with my cousin. That's it. So I transfered from my pve realm to pvp with one of my main toons so that we could pve together. He joined a pvp realm to participate in wpvp in vanilla when it made sense. The reason I made this thread was just to see if other people were in my same predicament or not (sorry for a misleading title, am I able to change that? I made it when I was angry). I just feel wronged when I have to spend an extra $25, on top of what I am paying these people, just to go back to what I was experiencing on this realm prior to all the CRZ changes.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 04:34 AM ----------

No pvp did not happen at all in the time I went through vanilla and the start of bc, then the end of wotlk onward. I am perfectly in my rights to attribute the changes in gameplay to the CRZ changes. It is also right to attribute the changes to my own decisions. My decision was the first though, thus I feel like it should not be punished by a change made later. If I joined a pvp realm after the CRZ changes then I am at greater fault, but since I started before, and there was NO anticipation by anyone that in the future, whole areas would be made unplayable by pvp, I am at less fault for the changes in gameplay.
    Your server had no world pvp in vanilla? You missed out on a lot. You might think it is broken, but one can make the arguement that it was broken and has now been fixed (as PvP realms were never meant for people who did not want to get involved in PvP). My suggestion is that you find someone on a PvE realm and have them invite you to a group cross server. This way you could do at least enough quests to get your ilvl up and then lvl through dungeons.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Simple answer, don't play on a PvP server.

10+ Year Old Account
    i had no trouble leveling Hakujaden@darkspear(US) who is my main now, (yes a pvp server)
    yes there was pvp, sure i got ganked a couple of times.
    but no where near as bad as some people make it out to be and the whole "non smokers being forced to eat with smokers because they combined the rooms?"
    unless you are on a pve server, and flagged for pvp(which means even without crz you would of been ganked)
    or joined a crossrealm group onto a pvp server, you would get to keep your nice smoke free room.

it doesn't work that way.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

15+ Year Old Account
    i have 2 90's that i leveled on mal'ganis, and extremely high pop server, the server is actually "full" when u try to create a new character...I had no trouble whatsoever, u rolled on a pvp server, crz has nothing to do with the complaints ur making. I find it hard to believe that there is no gear on the AH to help u gain ilvl. stop crying.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    Because Blizzard is broken.
    No, it been like this since launch if I'm not mistaken, and Blizzard is "Broken" with 10 mil subs?

I really shouldn't use my vanilla experience to back up much since I played from about 3 months after release to the beginning of bc and only got to 60 for a month or so since I was 8. The only reason I used it as a reference was because I don't recall getting ganked like this ever before. I definitely got ganked a few times back then and a few times since, but 64 times in 3 days is a bit much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -KeenaM- View Post
    No, it been like this since launch if I'm not mistaken, and Blizzard is "Broken" with 10 mil subs?
    10M subs out of 7B people.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    i have 2 90's that i leveled on mal'ganis, and extremely high pop server, the server is actually "full" when u try to create a new character...I had no trouble whatsoever, u rolled on a pvp server, crz has nothing to do with the complaints ur making. I find it hard to believe that there is no gear on the AH to help u gain ilvl. stop crying.
    No leather fro level 78-80 with ilvl over 219, and every issue I experienced was CRZ-related. Next person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is "Broken"
    Of course it is, and they know it! What? You never took "Improved Blizzard"?
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2012-12-29 at 05:01 AM. Reason: markup error

Deleted
    I just went out, had a cigarette and gave this thread more thought (If for nothing else, you have made me speculate about this all evening, so kudos to you for that )

Let's go back to your previous gym analogy. What you're looking at it, is it's one big gym when infact, you should see it as lots of seperate gyms run by the same operating company.

You used to work out on a gym you enjoyed. Your cousin, however, was working out at another gym. You were informed that there's a $25 fee to change gyms and you willingly did this to get to your cousins gym instead. Now, WHEN you did this, they also informed you "There is and could be a bully problem at the gym you're transferring to" but you accepted that to work out with your cousin. For years, there was little if any bully problems for you there and you enjoyed it. The company then allowed bullies and other gym participants from other gyms to use your gym, which also brought along the bullies you were warned might appear/return. Now you want to switch to another gym, but you were already informed it would cost you to do this, but you're unwilling to pay the fee.

Do you get why this is pretty difficult to get behind your view on, if we break it into that analogy? You knew, all along the way on every step that things could happen which you did not wish to happen, but you still opted to do it. And now when it DID happen, you're wanting to move back/to another gym without having to pay the fee that you were fully aware of would be there?

It's really rather simple that way, and while I am sorry that you're unhappy about your situration, it's really not worth debating over and over and most people have realized by now. You got the three options; 1: Accept it and deal with it. 2: Move to another gym after paying the price or 3: stop going to this companys gyms.

- Addition:

You asked: Can you honestly say the $25 is worth it? Your vote matters, GO!

Answer: That is not for me or any other poster to decide. It's not our issue, it's yours and it's a realization you need to make for yourself. Infact, I'll have to call you out on that particular post and inform you that it adds nothing constructive to anything except appear as a desperate attempt to rally support by appealing to sense of rationalism from someone who would otherwise not have to unless forced by your question, in which case you should ask yourself;

Am I looking for answers to my issue or just for someone to pat me on the back and say "you're right, I guess" after being prompted to by your appeal to their rationalism?

I really don't think it's a good idea to do that, since it's harmfull for the posting enviroment and can easilly spark negativity rather than constructivity. So again, it's a question you should ask yourself and not others.

- Kasp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    So you decided to eat in the smokers section because nobody was around, then the smokers arrived and now you want them to stop smoking. After all the threads we've had of this, I think it would be fun to sit and list all the different points of view that are about to be shared, because dead horses deserve to be beaten that hard. But I have a chalupa with my name on it.

^ This, x1000. I don't play on a pvp realm because that kind of stuff happens, I am aware that it happens (before CRZ mind you) and I chose to avoid it by rolling on a pve realm instead. The risk was always there for this to happen, regardless of the population of your realm. I don't see how Blizzard owes you a thing. These threads are pointless, people on pvp realms whining that there is pvp. What the hell? lol

15+ Year Old Account
    For the love of all that is holy - reroll on pve server or transfer to a pve server. THEY ARE NEVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER GOING TO CHANGE PVP SERVERS TO FIX THE ISSUE OF GANKING. Blizzard has stated over and over and over and over and well you get the point that everything is working as intended.

FFS

better question is why implement crz when it doesnt actually help dead servers?

Dont go to gyms?
    If that's the moral of your analogy... then why are you going to the gym that displeases you. Keep in mind that you don't actually have to pay 25$ if you don't want to, but it will require you to start from scratch. Or you can just quit completely if "Dont go to gyms" is your real solution.

I'd really go back to the restaurant analogy though:

Non-smoking (pve servers) vs Smoking (pvp servers) sections. You and your cousin (smoker) decided to get in the smoking section. Sure at one point it was quieter for you and you didn't mind the smoke, but now this area is being used by more restaurants and as such the population of people in each section rises. Now you're angry that smoking (pvp) happens in the smoking (pvp) section and are presented with several options:

1) Leave the restaurant.
    2) Go to a different section (but you require a 25$ bribe to the maitre d' because there are lots of people waiting in line [other players moving/making characters])
    3) Queue up in line and start the experience over again (re-roll and level up again on a pve server at no immediate dollar cost to you)
    4) Deal with it
    5) Go to Yelp (mmo-c) and write a scathing 1 star review (this thread) while asserting that you wish you could write a 0 star review.

I'd be a bit kinder in pointing this out, but you did already mention that your mind won't change
    But then again, I am a Snowman on Fire!
    Yizelin the Insane

Quote Originally Posted by VgerAN View Post
    That is an absolutely perfect way to describe it.
    Thing is he isn't complaining about the smokers, he is complaining about the few random assholes who decide to blow their smoke directly in his face.

I don't play on a pvp realm but from my point of view ganking lowbies is the equivalent of Evander holyfield getting in the ring with a little girl to ensure an easy victory, or a full grown man kicking a puppy just because he can.

Be it allowed or not, you are still considered a lowlife for praying on those who are clearly so much weaker than you that they have no means to defend themselves and in the majority of cases also lack the ability to escape.

Even in Vanilla when I did play on pvp realms their was an understanding among the majority of people on the server that lowbie ganking was a scumbag move, it was looked down upon, it worked well and we didn't need GC glorifying the actions of assholes.

Of course is the game was completely devoid of max level content thus your guildies had nothing to do other than swarm around the world increasing the numbers/proficient of their little army things would be different but as is the majority of guild's won't have your back while you level on a pvp realm as they gain no benefit by doing so.