Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Why does Blizzard support something so broken?

I can't do dungeons, my ilvl isn't high enough. I can't quest to level, both areas are filled with level 90 alliance players that gank me immediately. I am literally stuck at level 80 because of these broken CRZ's. I joined a pvp realm in vanilla with my cousin because he had fun doing real wpvp leveling up to 60. Then it died and never showed a spark of returning. CRZ's I assume, were an attempt to bring wpvp back, but turned out to be the single most annoying thing in the game. The design of a pvp realm has changed, and I feel like I am entitled to a free realm swap over to a lower population even pve realm. I am literally incapable of leveling in any efficient form whatsoever, and it is because of one broken system that Blizzard backs for some reason. Another thing; after I get ganked and head back to the main area with guards, I use my ONE heal (expel harm) and it seeks out a nearby enemy (tons of alliance players thanks to CRZ's) and makes the guards hostile so I die again. This is total bull feces.

Tried doing BG's to level? Stay in your city join queue, level and gain honor and buy pvp gear to up your ilevel? once you hit level 85 you can buy the boe MOP blue gear, which can be as high as 450ilevel and will get into dungeons no problem!

So you decided to eat in the smokers section because nobody was around, then the smokers arrived and now you want them to stop smoking. After all the threads we've had of this, I think it would be fun to sit and list all the different points of view that are about to be shared, because dead horses deserve to be beaten that hard. But I have a chalupa with my name on it.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Are you using heirlooms? that might be the reason why your ilvl is not high enough to do dungeons. Go buy some cheap gear on the ah for those slots, unless ofc it is just because you haven't gotten a single gear upgrade from lvl 70-80.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    So you decided to eat in the smokers section because nobody was around, then the smokers arrived and now you want them to stop smoking.
    That is an absolutely perfect way to describe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did..you roll on a PVP realm?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Did..you roll on a PVP realm?
    Of course he did or he wouldn't be getting ''ganked'' *giggle*

Deleted
    So you decided to eat in the smokers section because nobody was around, then the smokers arrived and now you want them to stop smoking.
    Nice try, but no. The restaurant in question had ~300 smoker rooms with 1 or 2 smokers in them each for 8 years, but suddenly decided to corral the smokers and non-smokers in 40 rooms. And nobody wants them to stop smoking. People just want the 300 rooms back, like they ALWAYS had.

But I concede, people who keep visiting that restaurant get what they deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Nice try, but no. The restaurant in question had ~300 smoker rooms with 1 or 2 smokers in them each for 8 years, but suddenly decided to corral the smokers and non-smokers in 40 rooms. And nobody wants them to stop smoking. People just want the 300 rooms back, like they ALWAYS had.

But I concede, people who keep visiting that restaurant get what they deserve.

So what you're saying is...PVP happened on a PVP server?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Buy cata greens and do dungeons, or server transfer, problem solved. The good news is there's no active CRZ in panda land, the bad news is there are still 90's flying around ganking, what will you blame then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Hello Darthcullen, My names dacoolist.

I see that you are having trouble on a PVP relm, and you are looking for some advice from the dedicated MMO-C forum posters.

> The answer you are looking for:

-> You need to roll a PVE relm. It will cost $25 USD, and seems like it would resolve the frustration you are having today.

All My Best,

-- That Filthy Alliance

Because Blizzard is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Except the non-smokers shouldn't have been going to a restaurant designed for smokers in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    Because Blizzard is broken.

Impressive Analysis

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    Are you using heirlooms? that might be the reason why your ilvl is not high enough to do dungeons. Go buy some cheap gear on the ah for those slots, unless ofc it is just because you haven't gotten a single gear upgrade from lvl 70-80.
    No gear on the ah for this level bracket that would get me closer to 226.

Smoker's section. Ha. Yeah not a valid comparison at all. I only joined because my cousin was here and there was NO risk of this happening. Cross realm zones were NOT a very widespread concept and not a very high population of players even remotely suspected them until they were announced. Nice try, but the comparison is a failure. A better comparison would be going to a gym with every machine and signing up for it. Then randomly the gym swaps their good equipment for terrible quality equipment and tells you to pay $25 or you will be forced to use the crappy equipment only.

Deleted
    That is the single most outstanding analogy I've seen on the topic. Fantastic, I'll quote you on that in the future.

Basically, yeah, you rolled on the realm, OP, you're entitled to nothing, leave alone a realm change for free. You chose to play there, the rules were always clear even when they were not 'enforced' and now they're back in action. Pack up and move server for a fee, reroll on another realm or stop playing. But give up on the whining, it's old and only the VERY vocal minority who're also in your shoes agree, and trust me, there's not many of you. Otherwise we'd have seen signifficant ramp-ups in paid realm transfers and we did'nt. End.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Except the non-smokers shouldn't have been going to a restaurant designed for smokers in the first place.
    Exactly. People shouldn't complain because PvP realms are dangerous as intended again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthcullen View Post
    but the comparison is a failure. A better comparison would be going to a gym with every machine and signing up for it. Then randomly the gym swaps their good equipment for terrible quality equipment and tells you to pay $25 or you will be forced to use the crappy equipment only.
    -- Aaaaand there's the WORST I've seen today since nobody took anything away and are not forcing you to do anything to get anything back as nothing was taken something was added and you can theoretically opt out of it by doing other things. Seriously, that was terrible, no offense intended.

I can't do dungeons, my ilvl isn't high enough. I can't quest to level, both areas are filled with level 90 alliance players that gank me immediately. I am literally stuck at level 80 because of these broken CRZ's.
    You have multiple choices to level and gain iLvL. Just because you choose not to do any of them is your own fault and no one else's (not even Blizzard's). You have the following options:

• Queue for Wrath Dungeons to gain some iLvL
    • See if friends want to run some Wrath raids so you can get some gear
    • Form a group of friends and manually go to the instance (no iLvL requirement this way)
    • Queue for Battlegrounds in town to farm honor and buy some pieces to get higher
    • Go quest (Yes, you are on a PvP server it will happen with or without CRZ. Get use to it or transfer)
    • The most important one, buy Rings and/or necklaces from Auction House along with various other slot pieces

I joined a pvp realm in vanilla with my cousin because he had fun doing real wpvp leveling up to 60. Then it died and never showed a spark of returning. CRZ's I assume, were an attempt to bring wpvp back, but turned out to be the single most annoying thing in the game.
    CRZ was done to put people in the world instead of making it look like a barren wasteland. There's thing in MMORPG's where you should actually be seeing people while you level, not just yourself and some fluffy bunny you are going to slay later.

The design of a pvp realm has changed, and I feel like I am entitled to a free realm swap over to a lower population even pve realm.
    The design of a PvP realm has always been and still is that PvP can and will happen. Explain how it has changed? Just because people are attacking you and you don't like it doesn't mean the design has changed.

I am literally incapable of leveling in any efficient form whatsoever, and it is because of one broken system that Blizzard backs for some reason.
    The system is not broken and you are capable of leveling, you just choose not to use any of the above methods. You want to be able to walk out in the world and do whatever you want with no worries. You want that then a PvE realm is for you and you need to transfer.

Another thing; after I get ganked and head back to the main area with guards, I use my ONE heal (expel harm) and it seeks out a nearby enemy (tons of alliance players thanks to CRZ's) and makes the guards hostile so I die again. This is total bull feces.
    This is your own fault. You know Expel Harm will hit the closest enemy so why use it? You have Healing spheres you can use instead if you are that close to players while you Roll away. What I basically did get from that is you do not know how Expel Harm works and/or dislike how it works and want to blame everyone else instead of using A) other abilities or B) getting into the city and far enough away to use it. If I recall correctly (could be wrong) the ability can only hit up to 15 yards so it's your own fault.

Overall you are just complaining because you can and want to be lazy. I've leveled up at least three toons on a PvP server since CRZ and got killed maybe a couple times, but it in no way hindered how fast or slow I leveled.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2012-12-29 at 03:41 AM.

Look the point is they made a change that was unforeseeable making game conditions worsen, and thats apparently my fault based on the $25 fee. You can argue against my points and I encourage you too since it is constructive, but I will NEVER see your ways. This will always be a failure in my mind
    Last edited by Darthcullen; 2012-12-29 at 03:44 AM.