Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post

The analogy works fine, but you seem to have a hard time not adding useless bits to make it not fit. If I sit my ass on the smoking section when I strongly dislike the smell of it, I am subjected to it no matter what I do, unless I keep my fingers up my nose permanently. They don't need to be blowing on my face or leaving ash on my food for me to feel the smell. But I was the one who decided to sit there. The same concept applies to the OP: he disliked being griefed and ganked by higher level players, yet he still joined a PvP server to join someone else. But because the concept of world PvP (if this can even be called PvP, but I digress) has been mostly dead for years, he, and many others, grew to expect it to never or very rarely happen, and bang, now a feature of the game allowed it to return in force. Tough titties, now it's happening again. I don't like being attacked by a level capped player when I'm leveling, either. I don't think a lot of people do. But this is what we should have expected from CRZ, especially those who claim to be Classic WoW "veterans", because this is really no different.
    No that's not accurate either. Calling the abuse of crz by the nehrdowells and general assholes in the game "pvp" is the problem. Again the better example is sitting in a smoking section and having somebody come over and ash in your soup. Yea I sat in the smoking section, I didn't expect that to mean someone would dump their cigarette in my fillet mignon.

An aspect of CRZ is majorly affecting my gameplay in a horribly negative way. Just one aspect, there are several good things from CRZ's too from what I can read. But from my start of mop shortly after 5.1 all I've done is leveled up a monk. Ganking did not happen like this in the past on my server. Sure it was a threat, but about as much of one as an alien abduction. Now it is commonplace and happening roughly 40-50 times per day unless I high-tail it back to my capital city. I did manage to buy some cata crafted greens for 500g total and my average ilvl is up to 233 so I can queue for dungeons.

***Just complaining about the one aspect which is major out the a-- ganking, that has ONLY appeared since CRZ's. A change would be much appreciated. No I don't think I will ever get a free realm xfer, but it would be very cool.***

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Y
    You overcomplicated it for yourself. it's pretty much down only to smoke vs non smoke. Not about blowing it to someone's face because that would be more similar to abuse. Thing is simpler. You cannot complain about presence of smoke if you go to smokers restaurant. Simple.
    No it's not because "smoking" (which is equivelant to PVP in the example) isn't what's happening. Abuse, harassment and generally douche baggery vis a vi camping and non stop ganking of lvling players by assholes is not pvp just as somebody ashing their cigarette in my soup isn't proper behaviour smoking or non smoking section.

10+ Year Old Account
    That thing what i hate the most is that i get ganked on my twink, ok im playing on a pvp realm, my own problem
    BUT
    then i log onto my main, to beat the crap out of this ganker, to be honest, most of low level gankers run away if they see somebody on their own lvl, in the past i hunted them up and down the world btu now he makes a step to the side and changes the zone and i never see him again.....

i want to get my revenge.....
    Last edited by Basso; 2012-12-29 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthcullen View Post
    Look the point is they made a change that was unforeseeable making game conditions worsen, and thats apparently my fault based on the $25 fee. You can argue against my points and I encourage you too since it is constructive, but I will NEVER see your ways. This will always be a failure in my mind
    Then why should we care or bother to post at all? I really get tired of dealing with closed-minded people who won't man up and deal with their own problems.

You rolled on a PVP realm? Don't complain about PVP when it happens. If I see clouds off in the distance, headed my way, and I continue to stand outside and watch it head toward me instead of going inside, I have no right to complain when I get rained on.

PVP on a PVP server? Oh my.

Maybe you should get some friends who are willing to run you through blackrock caverns

Deleted
    Pretty much the only placed I get ganked, is outside the Dark Portal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by critterkiller View Post
    You call low level corpse camping world PvP?
    Anywho, I did like people said when I leveled my monk, by gear of ah then do dungeons to 85, and don't ever ring crz to mop....

Out of everything else I posted in this thread this got your attention?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Then why should we care or bother to post at all? I really get tired of dealing with closed-minded people who won't man up and deal with their own problems.

You rolled on a PVP realm? Don't complain about PVP when it happens. If I see clouds off in the distance, headed my way, and I continue to stand outside and watch it head toward me instead of going inside, I have no right to complain when I get rained on.
    You shouldn't. Nobody asked you to. The only closed minded people are the people who REFUSE to acknowledge that an unhappy and upset customer is no good for Blizzard. In the end you can defend the developers all you like but it will cost them and you in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    In all honesty I was a bit wrong when I said I would never see your ways, one of the guys who posted previously (can't remember his name, but he had really long posts) made me see some of the good from CRZ so I don't want them gone. Just the massive ganking. But if I did fully mean my opinions would never change so what? No one on this topic will change their opinions from a thread, it just doesn't happen. So I guess we are all close-minded people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthcullen View Post
    In all honesty I was a bit wrong when I said I would never see your ways, one of the guys who posted previously (can't remember his name, but he had really long posts) made me see some of the good from CRZ so I don't want them gone. Just the massive ganking. But if I did fully mean my opinions would never change so what? No one on this topic will change their opinions from a thread, it just doesn't happen. So I guess we are all close-minded people.
    I don't believe I was one of them. But I know I was one of them that argued
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Hm, taking the defining thing which makes a PvP server a PvP server. Well let's follow that for everything, take the PvE out of the PvE servers, now you have a game of afk'ing in Stormwind/Orgrimmar. And extend that to removing the RP from RP servers.

I haven't played WoW in months but I saw this thread, read quite a few of the posts, and now I have to state my opinion.

I've been playing on Balnazzar, a PVP realm with a low population, since 2006. I don't really care for world pvp, but I rolled on Balnazzar because that's where my friend was. But the world pvp has never really bothered me, because it's Balnazzar, it has a low population, so world pvp happens every full moon. That is the kind of frequency that I have come to expect of world pvp on the server that I play on. So seeing as I've always been content with it, I have made Balnazzar my home, and that is where all of my characters are.

Then CRZ comes out, the population of a server doesn't matter anymore. All of the sudden, after many years, I have to put up with much more pvp than I signed up for, much more pvp than what I've been happily content with all these years. And this does matter, how much world pvp is a factor of enjoyment.

So if I don't like it, what are my options? Pay $25 for each character transfer, totaling in $250, which is absolutely absurd and I've never believed that the price for realm transfers are reasonable. OR just level new characters on a pve server. Right so I'm supposed to start all over? Here are the problems with that:

-I probably won't be getting all of the character names that I had before.
    -It will take time, and time is money. It will take months to level all of these characters.
    -I've already leveled up these characters before, it's not actually something I want to do again, leveling is the worst part of WoW.

These problems all add up to: unrealistic and absurd expectations of what I should do if I don't like this new frequency of world pvp.

Conclusion: I don't expect CRZ to go away, in fact I don't want that, I bet most people wouldn't. It's good for the game, at least if you like world pvp. However, what I would expect is free realm transfers. I think I'm entitled to that, because the other options are unfair. If you don't think I'm entitled to it, if you think I'm just a big crybaby, well I don't care, you're most likely not in the same boat as people like me and it's difficult for you to feel sympathy or sorry for other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salamala View Post
    Almost as impressive as yours: "so.. pvp happened on a pvp realm?"

Sheer genius. To OP as others have stated here already - Blizz give you no love here since you rolled on a pvp realm and the only way they will hear you is with that lovely survey you take titled "Why are you unsubbing wow?"
    Maybe you should read all the other posts I've made as well.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    No it's not because "smoking" (which is equivelant to PVP in the example) isn't what's happening. Abuse, harassment and generally douche baggery vis a vi camping and non stop ganking of lvling players by assholes is not pvp just as somebody ashing their cigarette in my soup isn't proper behaviour smoking or non smoking section.
    You must be new to PvP. Let me help you out with the major difference between PvP and PvE realms other than auto flagging. On a PvE realm it's called harassment on PvP realm if it can be resolved via PvP it's called just another day. I hope that's helped you.

Based on your logic in your last post, the design during Vanilla and TBC were failures because PVP realms existed, and this kind of thing happened all day, every day, regardless of your level, or current zone.

There were also no Ilevel requirements for dungeons, so you had to form groups to level aside fro questing, and you would almost ALWAYS get ganked on the way there.

This isn't anything new. The only failure is that you actually felt safe and secure on a PVP realm under the illusion that you would never deal with ganking.

10+ Year Old Account
    BAN EVERYONE WHO PVP'D ON A PVP SERVER AND BOOST YOU TO LEVEL 90 WITH FULL EPICS IMMEDIATELY!

lol no, queue with friends, get guildies to help, if you can't progress past level 80 good luck at 90.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    You shouldn't. Nobody asked you to. The only closed minded people are the people who REFUSE to acknowledge that an unhappy and upset customer is no good for Blizzard. In the end you can defend the developers all you like but it will cost them and you in the long run.
    Cept in this case even the OP acknowledges they were under false assumptions of what PVP CRZ entails. Blizzard addressed the world PVP/empty zone issue that the majority of PVP players were asking for. Having the leveling experience include tension from being ganked at any moment is what the design of PVP realms is about, while the OP was expecting a more PVE experience.

The dissatisfaction comes from miscommunication, by false assumptions of what the current state of PVP realms are based on Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Nice try, but no. The restaurant in question had ~300 smoker rooms with 1 or 2 smokers in them each for 8 years, but suddenly decided to corral the smokers and non-smokers in 40 rooms. And nobody wants them to stop smoking. People just want the 300 rooms back, like they ALWAYS had.

But I concede, people who keep visiting that restaurant get what they deserve.
    You are wrong... as PVP servers are crossed with PVP servers, PVE servers are crossed with PVE servers... in no way they have been united.