Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    doing anything and everything that leads to improving gear and downing bosses

    and being good helps too

  2. #22
    At the tier start in October reputation gear was kind of important - even now I'm still using rep shoulders because no other ever dropped. I'm still sporting blue 471 weapon because of extremely ass RNG, my gem rots for 6th week in my bank. Now VP are used for upgrading gear mostly.

    On dailies I stopped doing them in early November i think, then waited for 5.1 to cap Revered-> Exalted with less work as Exalted is just vanity content (100% rep buff thing)
    Thing often overlooked in MoP raiding is arena gear - if you look at these items they're pretty different than Cata PvP items - they still have both PvE stats and PVP stats slapped on top, with bit lower ilvl than raid gear. Arena gear is just PvE gear with PVP stats added on them now (except for weapons where 1 stat is gone) They extended conquest cap to 1800 from just arena wins and those 10 wins take very short time. I'm still using 2/2 upgraded ring that is 491 ilvl.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It does happen. When I was doing 25m in T11, only 1 dps wand dropped the entire tier.
    Agreed with this. The whole reason I had a rogue with blacksmithing in TBC was Talon of Azshara would NOT drop for us. 20+ kills of Morogrim the tidewalker in SSC and I still had the stupid crappy aldor rep sword (no luck in KZ either, f**king netherspite). Decided to go nuts, get smithing and build a dragonstrike.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2012-12-29 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

  4. #24
    Where are you aiming?

    Top 100 (cleared all current content).

    Top 500 (about 10/16H ish)

    Top 10,000 (just starting Heroics)

    As where you are aiming changes what the requirements are.

    For example right now the Top 100 guilds don't give a rats arse about what gear you have right now as they are in super farm mode, they need prove of how amazing you are

    A top 500 guild will care about what gear you have right now but is not a massive factor they will need less prove of how amazing you are but still will need some.

    Ironically the top 10,000 will have the strongest gear requirement but will prob not need much proof how amazing you are

    If you don't have proof of how amazing you are it will be a long climb I am afraid

    Hope that makes sense!
    Last edited by Quilzar; 2012-12-29 at 11:54 AM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Where are you aiming?

    Top 100 (cleared all current content).

    Top 500 (about 10/16H ish)

    Top 10,000 (just starting Heroics)

    As where you are aiming changes what the requirements are.

    For example right now the Top 100 guilds don't give a rats arse about what gear you have right now as they are in super farm mode, they need prove of how amazing you are

    A top 500 guild will care about what gear you have right now but is not a massive factor they will need less prove of how amazing you are but still will need some.

    Ironically the top 10,000 will have the strongest gear requirement but will prob not need much proof how amazing you are

    Hope that makes sense!

    I couldn't have said it any better ^_^
    Last edited by Nefertenia; 2012-12-29 at 11:58 AM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by ruuBEN View Post
    What is mandatory to get into a high-end guild, not some casual guild?
    - able to spend at least 3-4 hours a day only for raids in 3-4 days a week.
    - able to learn how new bosses works
    - able to learn your class over and over again
    - able to not staying on fire


    - reach honored/revered with 3-4 factions
    - do some 5 HC runs
    - do Sha/LFR each week
    - make some epic crafts
    - you can try and do some pugs

    = spend 2-3 weeks at start to get gear in that time you can at least learn a bit of each bosses, practice your class etc.


    You cant skip 2-3 gearing up part - simply cant. If you dont have much experience with high-end riding you must be prepared that you will go to not to good raiding guild at the begining. Dont reach for best ones at start. You must get experience, learn your class very good, learn how to raid overal. Depends on what kind of raiding guild you want to be. If any from top 300-400 - you must remember that gear is one of the last thing whats really important there.

  7. #27
    With all the other bits included to varying degree's by far the most important is spending time writing a good application. While folks will just hit the armoury link and go look you over, if the application sounds decent and doesn't have any glaring contradictions from a look at armoury you'll likely get a shot.

    Previous experience and personality/attitude count for a hell of a lot more than the purple pixels you may or may not have. Experience of officer roles in guilds is handy too (personally I'm an ex raid lead and being able to talk the talk on that side gives a huge advantage on guild applications). A decent player can be geared, teaching a moron who's been carried to awesome gear levels how to raid is an exercise in futility. Most decent raid guilds will have a social rank, use that to get to know people, make some friends in guild, put yourself across well and show a good attitude for guild (rather than personal) progression. The social whining about not getting a shot at a raid spot is never a good image to carry. The one who, despite gear, is fun to be around, knowledgeable and apparently skilled will have effort expended to get them up to speed.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2012-12-29 at 12:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

  8. #28
    if you have that much esport and raiding experience and are able to show that in a well written application i'm sure there's a high-end guild that will see value in that and give you a chance. gear is not the issue, you would be caught up in a week or two (at least on 25m, that is). you don't really need reputations either.
    the only thing important to high-end raiders right now is getting BiS in every slot and more importantly to valor cap every week to upgrade all those BiS items until 5.2 hits so i would start saving VP right now. nobody cares about lfr gear. dailys are not mandatory either as you can't use the current charms in 5.2 content. however, if you're serious about raiding high-end it is implicit that you will be taking very good care of your character, as i'm sure you already know. catching up on reputation grinds might be taken into account when your dedication and willingness to keep your character up to date during progress is evaluated.

    there are plenty of open spots in the top 20 guilds right now as everyone is recruiting for 5.2. good luck.
    Shootz' Law (Cya Godwin)
    As an MMO-Champion discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving 25s and 10s approaches 1. In other words, Shootz observed that, given enough time, in any MMO-Champion discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes a comparison between 25s and 10s.

  9. #29
    * Valor cap and do dailies for Elder Charms every week.
    * Keep your gear enchanted/gemmed correctly.
    * Make sure you have all necessary consumables each week.
    * Have the correct profession bonuses.
    * Play the best race for your role.
    * Don't fail at boss mechanics.
    * Play your class perfectly (all specs).

    These are the things expected of top raiders.

  10. #30
    Mechagnome Sweetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    on Sylvanas
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It does happen. When I was doing 25m in T11, only 1 dps wand dropped the entire tier.
    There was none except from trash, which most REALMS only saw a couple of. Noteworthy achievement nonetheless, that there has been a piece you only saw once...

    On topic, my guild expects:
    100% attendance.
    Be willing to sit out for any reason.
    Minmax your character, including reputation rewards and 3x Gold Coins every week for bonus rolls.
    Know your class in and out.
    Don't make the same mistake twice. Standing in lava or similar doesn't count as making a mistake once, since everybody knows this hurts .. daah.
    Pull your own weight and perform to the best of your ability in every raid. You don't "Try harder", you always "Try your hardest".

    Something like that. Expectations are pretty hard to put down in words tbh ..
    Last edited by Sweetz; 2012-12-30 at 01:48 AM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by ruuBEN View Post
    To sum it up: Played CS competitively a majority of my life. If I wasn't active in a sponsored team, or going to LAN's, I would still work hard in a high-end division on an online league while playing CS competitively. I raided every single minute of TBC from beginning to end, and only the first month of WotLK before I quit. I wanna get back into it now, after not raiding seriously since late firelands/early Dragonsoul.

    What is mandatory to get into a high-end guild, not some casual guild?
    I haven't done a single daily quest and don't have a huge desire to.. :\ Could I possibly get by, by doing a ton of LFR, dungeons to get the absolute best gear suited for me, best upgrades/enchants/etc, and eventually transfer myself to a higher-end guild, or is getting exalted with all these reputations a 100% absolute requirement?
    p.s., holy paladin if it helps. Could do ret, but holy paladin for now.
    It depends entirely on how much time you are willing to take getting into a high-end guild.

    At this point in the expansion, your best bet is to prepare for the next tier of raiding, patch 5.2. You can do this by doing heroic dungeons, LFR, and Sha of Anger every week. You can also guild hop from a lesser guild, using them to help you get some normal-mode raid gear if your server isn't great about pugs.

    Elder Charms of Good Fortune and reputation gear will help speed up the process, but are not strictly necessary. If you want to gear up as fast as possible, you should at least do enough dailies to get 90 Lesser Charms each week.

  12. #32
    if u played cs(like i have) then youll know that WoW is the same thing. its about who you know. if you have someone that can vouch for you, regardless of gear/exp, youll get into that guild/raid. if you have no one that can do that, then you need to grind gear, do normals/lfr/dailies for extra token rolls and opening up vp vendors and start at the bottom. probably gonna need to join a guild doing normals on a consistent basis, gear out there, find a guild going into heroic modes, get some exp, and keep moving up the ladder. top 25mans mass recruit so u can probably sneak into a top 25man guild, and get experience at the very least, maybe some gear.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    if u played cs(like i have) then youll know that WoW is the same thing. its about who you know. if you have someone that can vouch for you, regardless of gear/exp, youll get into that guild/raid. if you have no one that can do that, then you need to grind gear, do normals/lfr/dailies for extra token rolls and opening up vp vendors and start at the bottom. probably gonna need to join a guild doing normals on a consistent basis, gear out there, find a guild going into heroic modes, get some exp, and keep moving up the ladder. top 25mans mass recruit so u can probably sneak into a top 25man guild, and get experience at the very least, maybe some gear.
    To be honest, who you know doesn't matter jack shit if all the guy shows interest in is free gear and raidlogging without optimising and benefitting the raid. There's a houndred hopefull applicants waiting in line, willing to go that extra mile to get a shot.

  14. #34
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    To be honest, who you know doesn't matter jack shit if all the guy shows interest in is free gear and raidlogging without optimising and benefitting the raid. There's a houndred hopefull applicants waiting in line, willing to go that extra mile to get a shot.
    This couldn't be more truthful.
    Just because someone vouches for another person, doesn't mean that they have immunity.
    You still need to perform to what the guild expects of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    This couldn't be more truthful.
    Just because someone vouches for another person, doesn't mean that they have immunity.
    You still need to perform to what the guild expects of you.
    not saying that at all. of course even if someone vouches for a player they shouldnt be terrible. but its a hell of alot easier to get your feet thru the door if u know someone

  16. #36
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    not saying that at all. of course even if someone vouches for a player they shouldnt be terrible. but its a hell of alot easier to get your feet thru the door if u know someone
    I strongly agree with what you said.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    This couldn't be more truthful.
    Just because someone vouches for another person, doesn't mean that they have immunity.
    You still need to perform to what the guild expects of you.
    Apart from that, vouching for someone puts that person in a very, very akward position too - I still remember that my current guild needed a resto shaman during T11, and we had a super awesome player I kept in contact with in the guild I was in before, on my old realm. He was solid, one of the best players in the guild.
    The issue was, that the guild was only 7 heroic modes into ICC 10 man, while my current had cleared LK hc25. He turned out to be an embarassment, and I was the one who'd vouched for him - issue being that while he was a big fish in a small pond, and I remembered him that way, he was a retarded squid in the ocean when he came to my new guild.
    I'd never stake my own reputation for someone I knew to be a good player more than five years ago (it's been that long since TBC, right?). Too much has changed.

  18. #38
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Apart from that, vouching for someone puts that person in a very, very akward position too - I still remember that my current guild needed a resto shaman during T11, and we had a super awesome player I kept in contact with in the guild I was in before, on my old realm. He was solid, one of the best players in the guild.
    The issue was, that the guild was only 7 heroic modes into ICC 10 man, while my current had cleared LK hc25. He turned out to be an embarassment, and I was the one who'd vouched for him - issue being that while he was a big fish in a small pond, and I remembered him that way, he was a retarded squid in the ocean when he came to my new guild.
    I'd never stake my own reputation for someone I knew to be a good player more than five years ago (it's been that long since TBC, right?). Too much has changed.
    I agree, putting your reputation on the line in a guild that you love is an extremely risky thing to do, I would never fully vouch for someone unless I KNEW that they were what I would consider, guild quality.

    It's always difficult to have to turn down someone who wants you to vouch for them. I ran into one of the people I used to raid with back in BC a couple of days ago, turns out his guilds falling apart, wanted me to vouch for him to get a trial in my guild. Pretty awkward situation when you have to tell someone that you've not talked to in a long time that you don't want to risk vouching for them, not really the best way to reconnect.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    I agree, putting your reputation on the line in a guild that you love is an extremely risky thing to do, I would never fully vouch for someone unless I KNEW that they were what I would consider, guild quality.

    It's always difficult to have to turn down someone who wants you to vouch for them. I ran into one of the people I used to raid with back in BC a couple of days ago, turns out his guilds falling apart, wanted me to vouch for him to get a trial in my guild. Pretty awkward situation when you have to tell someone that you've not talked to in a long time that you don't want to risk vouching for them, not really the best way to reconnect.
    In those situations, I usually tell them I don't pull that kind of weight and can only get them in as a non-raiding member.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    No, it's neither harassment NOR ninja'ing to roll on any item the system allows one to.

    Nor is it against any rules to votekick a member from the group - one person can't do it, apparently someone agreed with the rogue.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Apart from that, vouching for someone puts that person in a very, very akward position too
    Also did that mistake once. The issue wasn't skill though in my case but even worse the person being an unreliably piece of shit all of the sudden. Was a very disappointing experience to say the least.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •